D&D

Started by Kuromi_Kat, November 04, 2009, 11:10:20 PM

Kuromi_Kat

ok i know its a bit nerdy and prolly lame, but how odd is it to see people playing D&D in the halls/ tables/ (or anywhere else at the con)? or is there a place an amature like me can play and not get pwned all the time? lol
OR should I just leave the dice at home? hahahaha

Kertus

Yeah there's quite a few people that play, plenty of space on the tables in the game area of the con
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: Kertus on November 04, 2009, 11:36:53 PM
Yeah there's quite a few people that play, plenty of space on the tables in the game area of the con

but theres not like any noobie tables? or is it just groups of friends that play?
either is fine lol.
but if there are noobs playing in a tournament or campaign together I will SO be there ahhahahahaha...

i just need more dice >.< i SWEAR mine are cursed o.o i blame my DM
now i steel his dice when I play with him hahhahahahaha

TC X0 Lt 0X

Last year and the year before that we organized D&D games on the forums.
As long as interest is shown we will most likely organize another game.
We played other games as well, such as Maid RPG.

Last year there was actually mentions of D&D in the schedule for Sat and Sun. It only had a little box and past that there was no other advertisement really. From what I understand are DM went and DMed for those who saw the advertisement and wished to play. Still next year they will hopefully make a better advertisement.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 06, 2009, 12:28:58 PM

Last year there was actually mentions of D&D in the schedule for Sat and Sun. It only had a little box and past that there was no other advertisement really. From what I understand are DM went and DMed for those who saw the advertisement and wished to play. Still next year they will hopefully make a better advertisement.

oh ahahahahaha I was not talking online, I played a Forum version of D&D, I got all confused >.<.

It works for some people but not others (including me). I am talking AT The con lol

BunofGovt

My nephew plays D&D, and is trying to get me interested in it, but I too would be a total newb at this. (Still not sure exactly what it is).  Maybe someone will be able to host a newb/beginners' table at con next year for those who want to get better at playing.  I admit, if there were only the 'experts' playing, I would hesitate at joining in a game.

Or is D&D something that can ONLY be played online?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 07, 2009, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 06, 2009, 12:28:58 PM

oh ahahahahaha I was not talking online, I played a Forum version of D&D, I got all confused >.<.

It works for some people but not others (including me). I am talking AT The con lol

You misunderstand.
We organized games on the forums FOR the convention.
We played a game on Friday then on Sunday.
Apparently the game on Sunday lasted 4-6 hours (did not stay the entire time).

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: BunofGovt on November 08, 2009, 01:02:13 AM
My nephew plays D&D, and is trying to get me interested in it, but I too would be a total newb at this. (Still not sure exactly what it is).  Maybe someone will be able to host a newb/beginners' table at con next year for those who want to get better at playing.  I admit, if there were only the 'experts' playing, I would hesitate at joining in a game.

Or is D&D something that can ONLY be played online?

I remember my first games...
The thing with D&D is, it seems to be a difficult game at first, but once you begin to play it all catches on very quickly.
As for being a noob, that really is not a problem. My regular group is quite horrible with rules and in a lot of cases roleplaying, but I still have fun easily. My roleplaying ability in offline games (I play online for the most part) is quite weak compared to others, so you won't be that far behind me in those regards.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kertus

My buddy and I did our first D&D game evar with TC_X0_Lt_0X and his friends.  It really was tons of fun hehe, it wasn't that hard to learn how to play either and they made it fun  ;D
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

BunofGovt

thanks for the responses!  I will definitely stop in at the gaming room next year.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Kuromi_Kat

Sorry then TC_X0_Lt_0X hahahaha I did misunderstand you! ^-^

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 08, 2009, 07:53:42 PM
Sorry then TC_X0_Lt_0X hahahaha I did misunderstand you! ^-^

It's all good.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: BunofGovt on November 08, 2009, 07:41:10 PM
thanks for the responses!  I will definitely stop in at the gaming room next year.

Remember to watch the Forums as well.
That will be the best way to find out about the meet up.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

narutofan17

It seems like everytime I go to the game room, it doesn't matter what game I play, I usually get my a@# handed to me. XDDDDDD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

deonchan

FYI there's talk of a WOTC DnD pannel and games being seriously tossed around.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div