Firefly/Serenity/Whedon with Blackjack (21) and Mahjong 2016 (Updated 11/30/15)

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, November 06, 2009, 06:20:49 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

I figure there should be a Firefly/Serenity Get together. Not exactly a gathering per say, but a small shindig to swap thoughts and feelings about the Shows and Movie. Come to celebrate U-day or mourn the loss of Serenity Valley and profess your thoughts it wasn't the wrong side even though we lost.

However you're not limited to just firefly. Arrive to share your thoughts and opinions on Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse and not to forget Dr. Horrible's sing Along Blog.

Texas Hold Em' or 21 may be played with Bubble gum pieces as your betting chits...if they ever materialize, the mint leaves in my mojito at the con read no though, but I have an innate distrust of divination so third fourth... fifth times's the charm? Gum will be provided, on way or another, but feel free to bring your own!

As another activity we also plan to be holding a game/games of Mahjong. there might be prizes... or sermons about lepers...probably the lepers....but maybe something to do with copies of firefly, Serenity or Dr. Horrible's sing Along blog...

My intent is to have made, bought or borrowed a firefly themed set of mahjong tiles by next year.

Gathering Organizer: RodneyPhoenix [Cosplaying a random browncoat, or random reaver...or some... thing... on the wing!]

Gathering attendees:

Card Games/Mahjong Attendees:

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

capeswirlinggirl

Shiny! I don't have a Firefly/Serenity cosplay but depending on when it is I'd love to crash a shindig.

Rodney_Pheonix

Shiny. Such a versatile word for me now.

I'm working on a HOB (Fairly certain they're members of Blue sun considering how River freaks out when anything connected to them is in the same room as her) cosplay, and I've got ideas on their blue little taser like kill o-matic things.

Also great news to see someone else interested in this.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: BSaphire on November 18, 2009, 09:19:33 AM
Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on November 16, 2009, 09:39:14 PM
Le crap bump.
Did you get my PM?
B

Yes. Yes I did. Do those changes in format work better? Or should I put some more work into this?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Raedyn

I'm making River's Objects in Space outfit!  The cream vest and red dress.  My sister is debating on which Inara dress she wants me to make, with a strong lean towards the peach dress.  If we can make it in cosplay, I will be in character for EVERYTHING!  If not, we'll still participate but it won't be as deliciously geek-tastic.

What day would this sort-of-shindig fall on?
Costumes:

Rinoa Heartilly (Ballroom Attire) (Final Fantasy VIII). 95%

Rinoa Heartilly (Hand-Knit) (Final Fantasy VIII).  90%

Karla (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken).  20%

Rodney_Pheonix

Good question. This started out as an odd little idea of mine and well expanded rapidly beyond my grasp... well not exactly but I didn't expect it to get so big in terms of stuff going on. I'll have to look at scheduling, hopefully I can work it out so it doesn't conflict with too many other events, but I was thinking Sometime Saturday Morning, or Evening.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

BSaphire

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on November 23, 2009, 08:51:03 AM
Good question. This started out as an odd little idea of mine and well expanded rapidly beyond my grasp... well not exactly but I didn't expect it to get so big in terms of stuff going on. I'll have to look at scheduling, hopefully I can work it out so it doesn't conflict with too many other events, but I was thinking Sometime Saturday Morning, or Evening.
I did a small edit to the first post. I will be sending you a pm later (today/tomorrow.) I am curious what does everyone think about this... I love the idea... JW fan that I am :)
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

A belated happy turkey day to anyone else watching this thread.

An FYI, I have money issues, which I hope this post will be a moot point come Monday when I have my job interview, and cannot guarantee I can attend Fanime 2010 this far in advance. I'll likely know for sure in the December/January region most likely once I see prices for the hotel stay.

However I'll continue to work on this under the assumption that I will be able to make it, as I've narrowed it down to one kind of Nerf gun that six shot revolver one that I saw on thinkgeek a couple days ago.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Currently I have no clue if I'm going to be hired. The guy in charge of HR is in meetings today and tomorrow, and so I got told don't call us we'll call you. If I haven't heard back by Thursday I doubt I'll be hired, however I won't let that deter me from making it to Fanime, even if I have to scrounge for scrap metal in the creek beds...
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Aiya. Tian a . . .

Who do I have to tick off to get a job.... Due to lack of capital I've made very little progress in the mesh face masks other than an initial sketch of a design. Though that is partly from lack of time between classes as well.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Still little progress in the job front and working of side stuff like the face masks.

I'd have hoped that by now things would be resolved. I'm still planning to attend Fanime though. also, what happened to that PM? Wasn't it supposed to arrive sometime last month?

I hope people are still interested in this and whatnot.

[Badly disguised bump]
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

I'd hope that more people would be intrigued by this...... meh if I wind up like Mal in Trash.... well minus the nudity..don't need that, with me sitting out in the game room all on my lonesome that'd be fine by me too.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Jerry

My roommates were planning a Firefly Cosplay, but I havent figured out whether or not they were going to Fanime this year [budget issues].

That I was told to try a Wash Cosplay, but I'm asian and we dont dye into blonde very well unless i use a wig [which would prolly be terrible]
course and asian version of wash would be easy...

asian guy wearing bad Hawaiian shirt playing with dinosaur toys. :P

course this is assuming I have the time to cosplay..
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Thought I'd drop in and let it be known that I've been working a freelance job for the past few days, cleaning out a shop and whatnot. Dunno how the pay's going to wind out till I'm done though, however it'll be money in the mattress for Fanime.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?