Firefly/Serenity/Whedon with Blackjack (21) and Mahjong 2016 (Updated 11/30/15)

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, November 06, 2009, 06:20:49 PM

BSaphire

Quote from: Green_Tea on May 27, 2010, 08:54:53 AM
Totally going to be there guys! I'll be going as Kaylee in her loveable coveralls. I have apples to apples and will be bringing it to the Con so let me know if you want me to bring it.

Can't wait!!
YES! Please bring it and we can learn how to play it! This gathering event will happen no matter what! I will put my staff person (daughter) out there to play 21 with everyone if I have too! Awesome you are coming and I can't wait to see everyone!
Hugs
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

I made it... though a bit late to get my badge. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning.

Working on a poster for the gathering.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Rodney_Pheonix

Did a bit of work on the poster. ....Holy crap it's  4 am....

Also.. WTF?  Goa'uld Ha'tak in Pokemon?.......Wut?...
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

This gathering was a smash hit...

Five Kaylees, two Mals and a Jayne showed up. the guy at the table across from us looked like he could have passed for Simon.

Considering either Wash or Badger for next year.... Provided I can make next year.

Played (and learned how to play to an extent) Majong, and I was cosplayed as what Wash probably would have been dressed if he'd had more time to prep for the trip in "war Stories"
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Oh, right and Captain Hammer.

Either way, the gathering went rather well, pity I didn't have my camera. I know there were quite a few pics taken.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Green_Tea

Hi! I was one of the Kaylees at the gathering.

It's too bad I was late! I mixed up times because on the gathering lists it had the time for pictures as the time for the gathering.

Had fun telling you guys the Chinese names for the Ma Zhong pieces too. Hope to see you guys next time. Maybe someone will come as a River or an Anara, eh?
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Mordyan

Yeah I was please at the turn out. Thanks for starting this thread Rodney_Pheonix. I had a good time with everyone playing mahjong. I will work on Vera for next year. Thanks for the help with the tile names Green_Tea!

I will post a link to the pictures as soon as I get the uploaded to photo bucket.

Oh and having 5 Kaylees was awesome!

Rodney_Pheonix

If I ever get any of the chaos dealt with over here I'll start work on a "mass production model" of the Callahan.

I still feel that Vera is more of a highly tooled custom machine, at least for the most part, so I'll focus on a weapon that's more likely to be the base model. IE: No folding stock/shell holder and such.

Thanks for dropping in both of you.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Note to self: Make sure I remember the gorram camera Next year...
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Green_Tea

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on June 14, 2010, 12:08:25 PM

Sorry. I have a few but no way to upload them yet. Only have the internet at work and the computer here doesn't have a way for me to hook up my camera. (usb is blocked)

2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: Green_Tea on June 14, 2010, 02:30:49 PM
Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on June 14, 2010, 12:08:25 PM

Sorry. I have a few but no way to upload them yet. Only have the internet at work and the computer here doesn't have a way for me to hook up my camera. (usb is blocked)

It's fine. I'm just making sure that I remember my camera next time so I personally have proof that I ran a successful gathering.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

mirnamomo

I will try to go to this, but I can't promise. If I go I will go as either River or Kaylee.

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

BSaphire

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on July 22, 2010, 10:57:15 PM
did someone accidentally trip over the server yesterday?
It has been 120 days since you last posted Rodney.... I'll give you a little more time, but I sure hope you come back and update this thread (at least post) or I will have to lock it.
Thanks
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

I am here! Sorry.. life has been... well...for lack of a better term Hell this summer and fall.

I am still planning to attend Fanime 2011, don't worry. I just got wrapped up in other things like classes and housing repairs.

The Callahan project is being delayed due to family issues and school work however I do intend to take ceramics this spring and make a set of Firefly themed Majong tiles, time permitting of course and provided I can come up with good designs for them.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

BSaphire

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on December 12, 2010, 10:14:40 AM
I am here! Sorry.. life has been... well...for lack of a better term Hell this summer and fall.

I am still planning to attend Fanime 2011, don't worry. I just got wrapped up in other things like classes and housing repairs.

The Callahan project is being delayed due to family issues and school work however I do intend to take ceramics this spring and make a set of Firefly themed Majong tiles, time permitting of course and provided I can come up with good designs for them.
GLAD everything is still a go. Just doing the December clean up and I am right there with you in the tornado of life right now *lol
Happy Holidays!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

carladawn

I don't have a Firefly costume, but I'd love to stop by and check out the amazing costumes, socialize, and chat about Whedon-things.