Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms 2013

Started by Charis, November 13, 2009, 08:16:26 AM

Charis

Back by popular demand? XD

Juuni Kokki (Twelve Kingdoms) Gathering

Location: tentatively: FMS = Front Marriott Side of the Convention Center Lobby (up in corner tree area) <-- where we were last year
Day: TBD (Friday?)
Time: TBD

Obligatory Fanime Disclaimer: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

People: (count = 5 + 1 tentative (07/25/12))
  • Charis: Risai (anime formals or novel cover)
  • Kimu: Sairin or Enki
  • seifer-sama: Youko (artbook)
  • seifer-sama's friend: Keiki
  • tatterpixie: Rakshun
  • Tenkage: Shoukei or Yokuhi (tentative)

Photography Order:
Other than starting with a group pic, this'll be played by ear.  We're a small enough group that it hasn't really been a problem to date with doing it that way.  Tentatively:
- initial group pic
- royalty
- kirin
- others
- by kingdom
- request section
- final group pic (aka the Rakshun hug shot XD)[/list]
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

capeswirlinggirl

Tweet tweet...I shall be there as Renrin this year and I shall have a Teiei in tow ^_^

As for possible dates/times, aiya, I can see that this could be interesting. Unfortunately Friday probably won't work for us. Unless things change, we will most likely be driving to Fanime Friday morning which makes cosplaying that day a logistic nightmare. Monday works, but I would vote for either 1st thing in the morning or sometime after noon. And at the moment we are wide open for Sat. and Sun. as the other potential gatherings are still completely up in the air.

Charis

Monday would be worked around hotel check-out times, of course --  which would probably mean to the slightly later.  There's time!

I'm expecting Saturday and Sunday to be kind of nuts and totally understand about Friday.  Hopefully this'll work out. :)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

ah....well...."last" year I wore Sairin and went tripping and bumbling along like Abel in drag, so see if I can improve my kirinly grace "next" year....
...and...why not add another costume to the list--this IS Fanime, after all!!
Put me on the list for Sairin.
:)

Charis

I keep wanting to write "last year" and then catching myself -- but I guess if you go by a "Fanime year", it'd be last?  Anyway!

Yes, too much to wear indeed.  (Must remember to ask Katchan if she's interested in bringing Enki out. Hmm. Outnumbered by kirin again?)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Charis

Double posting, but poking this thread on general principle.  Are we still tentatively good for Monday?  Timewise, I'd say after hotel check-out just to avoid the craziness that's usually there; would something like one o'clock work?
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

Considering the way Fanime is going as "costume con", Monday after hotel check out time would be ideal!

tatterpixie

If you guys are up to having a n00b along for the fun and games, I am working on a Rakushun-in-rat-form to bring to Fanime this year... ^_^ *waves at Charis*
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Charis

PIXIE! *happysqueeflailglomp*  So SO excited for you doing that -- can't wait to see how it works out!  (I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say there are NO problems with having you join us. :D  These gatherings are partly to meet new people, after all!)

(And because I'm a lazy bum: I'll have those reference pictures for you sometime this week, depending on if I can snap them decently with the camera or have to invade my parents' to steal the scanner.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

D001

As mentioned over the weekend...you can teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenatively put me down as a maaaaaaaaaybe for Tai-ou :D

It'll depend primarily on how fast I can get my competition costume done and how long it takes me to do the other cosplay I've got planned for this con.  But if I can manage to have time to get Tai-ou wearble enough, I'll bring him along too :D  But only if the gathering is Monday, as...well...you know the craziness of my Fanime schedule thus far.  Yikes!

Costume-con indeed.
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

capeswirlinggirl

Woot! Rakushun (major bonus for rat form *squee*) and (maybe) Tai-ou, oh joy! Charis it looks like you may not be outnumbered by kirin after all. Ah, and yes Monday still sounds good  ;)

Charis

Most excellent!  ^_^  And I have text-message confirmation from Shokora, who is over on Coscom but not here, that she'll be bringing Kyou-ou, so -- yes, kirin in the minority after all?

Shall we plan on the fountains as a meeting locale?  I recall several things off to the sides we can use for natural-enough backdrops if we want to play with that.  (If there are no objections by the nineteenth or so, I'll get us penciled in for 1:00 on Monday at the fountains.  We can always shift if we have to, I'm sure.)

And D, how dare you put your competition piece at a higher priority than Gyousou?  The nerve! *hearts*  (I'll put you down as highly tentative; how's that?)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

I approve!
And yes, there are some trees to the side we can use for backgrounds.

And yeah for more people!

D001

Well...my cosplay trope IS Bastard...*HEARTS*

*flails* now I really want to make sure Tai-ou gets wearable enough in time! But...*pleats diligently away* :D
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

tatterpixie

EEEEE so excited!!! ^____^ Fountains, day and time work fine with me -- I am prolly going to end up staying another day, though, since I don't fancy changing out of a fursuit in the Hilton restroom ahead of driving back to Las Vegas... XD

Oooh, I do hope you get Tai-ou wearable, since I am likely going to be bringing a Taiki!! (psst, Charis, it's Sage ^_____^)
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Charis

*happy bouncy squee!*  Sage as Taiki is a notion that makes me an exceedingly happy clam.  In fact, the way this whole thing is coming together makes me an exceedingly happy clam! ^_____^

Got confirmation yesterday from Seattle family: Youko and Keiki will be coming down to join us.  I don't know if Adrienne will have her minister!Youko by then or still be travel!Youko, but yay!

*updates list gleefully with these latest developments*
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

Wow! We're going to be a real gathering this year?!
Awesome!
Yeah for Youko and Keiki again! (And everyone else!)

I'll do my best to be a proper graceful kirin this year!

capeswirlinggirl

By the fountains sounds good, those tree areas to the side are nice backdrops. Hurray! every time I check back lately the gathering grows! *gallops off to go check on the other potential Youko*

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Shokora

*Waves*  Ah, I see you already have me down:)  *looks at list*  Awww, boo.....no Kirin for me?