Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms 2013

Started by Charis, November 13, 2009, 08:16:26 AM

D001

Well, you can move me from tenative to probably now ~_^ (though I'm still not comfirming)  I've got Tai-ou halfway to wearable enough, so...*hearts*
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

tatterpixie

Figured I'd post an update too!  8) Rakushun's head is close to halfway done -- he is going to be RIDICULOUSLY CUTE. <3 Just the ears, eyes (both of which are partially completed) and lower jaw left to build, then I can foam and fur it. I think I've figured out how to construct the body, too, though I still haven't decided on what to use for the padding for his haunches and rear end, or how I'm going to construct his tail.

Going fabric-shopping this weekend with Sage so she can get what she needs for Taiki. Her hair won't be quite long enough by Fanime, but we may be able to find a suitable wig locally (Vegas, Land of the Showgirls XD).

EEEEE so excited! *hearts and bounces*
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Charis

Just poking at this thread on principle. No mention of time til Fanime for those of us teetering on the edge of "oh god, I have how much left to do" sanity (hi!); instead, I shall leave it at simply that I am terribly excited to see everyone and still gleefully amazed at the potential turnout.  Hearts to you all!
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

capeswirlinggirl

Woot! excited for Fanime! But some sad news. Our Teiei has had a family emergency, she hasn't had time to get her cosplay wearable enough and may not make it to Fanime at all :(

Charis

Awww, poor thing -- I hope everything works out for her and her family!  (It'll be lovely if she can be there, but it's entirely understandable if not. Family and Real Life definitely come first.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

D001

Checking in official as the King who is in such a safe place he cannot find himself. *hearts!* :D
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Charis

Penguins, Your Majesty.  Penguins.

*hearts!*
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Yuu

*Shakes fist*
I WILL have my Shoukei costume one of these years to harass reinforce this group. Hopefully Adrian will be sucked into Fanime and will still be around by the time I do.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

kimu

Just in case I needed to bother stating it...I'll be there with Sairin.
With a peace bonded peach blossom branch...
;D
A holy creature certainly supports the peace bonding policy.....

(and they DID mention flowers in their list, after all....)

tatterpixie

Taiki and Rakushun are both present and accounted for! We are going to be wandering around in costume for at least a little bit tomorrow (I want to give the rat suit a dry run before the gather XD).  So looking forward to meeting everyone! *glee!*

Charis

Home from con and dead tired, but I wanted to thank all of you for an awesome gathering -- especially on the last day of con, where everyone's pretty well exhausted. I was over the moon with glee, both at turnout and just at how much fun I personally had.  You rock hardcore. <3

(End feeble attempt at coherence.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

tatterpixie

Wow, I just wanna thank everyone for being so awesome and fun and friendly and welcoming of a couple of rookie cosplayers. I had an absolute BLAST! You all TOTALLY rock hardcore -- can't wait for next year! ^_____^

impersona

Hey, this is Sage, the Taiki at the event, and I echo EVERYTHING Pixie said above.  It was my first time ever cosplaying, and ever at a photoshoot, and you all were wonderful and funny.  Thank you so much and I hope to see you all next year!

D001

*melts at Sage* ~_^  I got to have a Taiki *hugs you* You were awesome :D (I'm such a softie for my kirin ~_^)

And Pixie OMG your costume was amazing! I cannot believe that wasyour first fursuit.  (and it was so soooooooooft *pets you more*)

I had a blast and am so glad I was able to get my costume "wearable enough" to make it *hearts*  Yay for lots of fun and awesomeness!  (and penguins :D)
D

kimu

What a fun group to enjoy a TK/JK photo shoot with! I loved seeing new people joining us, and the costumes were lovely. Even the "simpler" costumes, if you don't make them right won't look good. <3 to everyone!
I thought some really good photo ops were set up, and some nice crack shots, too.
And yeah for cupcakes!

I've got 1300 pics to wade through and start posting, I'll do what I can....although I don't have as many from this gathering on my camera. With ININ there, I figured he'd get really good coverage.
:D

I hope we see more of you again at cons in the future!

Charis

... so, because several people have been saying things about next year ... and threads are getting resurrected and all of that ...

... anyone wanna try this again next year?  *hearts*
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

D001

I see that you are dictating your King's schedule now?

But yes, so long as you can find me, I shall be there :D
D

tatterpixie

I am SO IN for doing this again next year! <333 *does gleeful rat-butt dance*

Charis

EEEEEEEEEEE, yay! *updates*

AND I APPROVE OF YOU BEING HOOKED.  JUST SAYIN'. <3333
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

Yeah! Looking forward to 2011 for cosplaying this again!

And while I don't have all the pics from this gathering posted, many are:
http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/kimu_cosplay/Fanime%2010%20Twelve%20Kingdoms/

As noted I don't have a lot from this gathering on my camera, but hope you enjoy them!