Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms 2013

Started by Charis, November 13, 2009, 08:16:26 AM

Charis

Eeeeeeeeeee, excellent! ^___^ I have added her onto the list.

(Man, boy kirin get all the comfy clothes. XD )
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Tenkage

Try being a Nyokai- fur wedgies are not fun. Not that that's who I'm bringing, or anything.

impersona

kimu

Kirin get the comfy clothes because we transform. ;)

Yeah for the return of Taiki!!!! I get to find a Taikiiii!
:D

impersona

YES PLZ to more hide-and-seek photos!  Silly Taiki, why are you hiding behind that rat?

tatterpixie

Wait what? Oh my, so many kirins *worries tail*

<3!
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

kimu

Hey, you don't have to worry about me!
I seem to remember I don't pull your tail but I did pull your whiskers once. LOL! (no worries, won't really do it.)

Hm, seems to me if Taiki needs laundry to hide under, my king has more than enough fabric for that. The sleeves alone....
;)

tatterpixie

EPIC SLEEVES OF DOOM. You could hide an army in them! ^_^

(And the whiskers are pretty solidly set, so you could pull them if you wanted... XDDD)

Tenkage

Oh. My. GAWD...

I DID IT!!!!  Today, I created the wig base for my surprise JK cosplay, and it actually turned out!! It even fits! I'll need to pick up some more Got-2-B to finish it off, but it turned out! Sorry if this is pestering everyone, but this is a major thing for me. The wig I've chosen to do for this outfit is nothing small, and I've never really done wig styling before, so- as I said- for me it's huge. All that's left is the connection piece (which should honestly be a cakewalk in comparison) and to pretty it up.

I also have some fabric left over, so I'm gonna try and make a pair of matching slippers for the outfit. Otherwise;

Main dress- sewn, embroidered, painted, and blinged out.
Skirt- complete
Sleeves- complete
Accessories- complete (though I've a few I'd like to adjust)

And, if I don't finish the shoes, I have a set of flats that'll still be perfect. YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

Charis

Tenkage: YAY!  Glad to hear things came together for you!

Have updated the list -- linked our Taiki to her forum name, and since Ken and Adrienne (Keiki and travel!Youko from last year) confirmed they're coming back, added them too.  Looks like a good headcount this year. ^_^

Also added a tentative photo list.  I'm sure it'll be played by ear again since that's worked well so far, but that way if I'm forgetting preemptively people can smack me. XD  It'll just add verisimilitude to this cosplay, right?
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Tenkage

@Charis: Ironic that you should mention updates, because I just finished everything for my costume TODAY! Wig-styling is complete, and everything! I even threw in a fan for the hell of it! Yeah!

kimu

YEAH! Great work Tenkage! Whatever your costume is!! (To be seen!)
And soo happy about Ken and Adrienne. This year I get to be a different Kirin that has met more of the characters. :D

Remember the final shot is group hug with Rakushuun. Seem to remember we "declared" that last year.

tatterpixie

Quote from: kimu on May 09, 2012, 05:13:23 PM
Remember the final shot is group hug with Rakushuun. Seem to remember we "declared" that last year.

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE RAT <3

(*is very excited to see everyone again and to see what Tenkage's seekrit cosplay is!*)

Charis

And we're aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalmost there! Hope everyone's last-minute crazy is going well and very  much looking forward to seeing people! <3 <3 <3

(I hit a setback -- the vast majority of paint on my sword blade (that I painted almost two years ago) peeled off when I took off the painter's tape from masking it for a hilt redo. T_T  Murphy's Law, that was tonight.  Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night in the room ...)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

capeswirlinggirl

Oh, Charis, I feel your pain :'( I'm moving on to plan B (or is it C?) for portal construction tonight (stupid wrong gage hoop steel) >_<
Hope the sword repaint goes smoothly for you!

Charis

Less than two weeks after Fanime means I'm not being a horrible slacker in posting here, right? <_<;;  Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for coming out and making the gathering fun. <3  I love this bunch and I love ending Fanime on a positive note, so it was great to do it again.

Haven't really been looking for photos yet, but I did see this turn up today -- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.422738637747656.97356.181144498573739&type=3 -- and I'm sure there's more out there.

(And I'd ramble more but work is interrupting my break so back to it. Love you guys!)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

tatterpixie

THANK YOU AGAIN for organizing this, Charis! <3 I had a blast -- it's always the highlight of Fanime for me. The Rat got a little TSA'd on the flight home, but nothing that can't be repaired, thankfully. And I already have a few modifications/improvements to make for next year. ^__^

I haven't seen any photos yet, but I haven't been looking much either. I keep monitoring the forums for the official photographers to post their stuff -- if I find anything, I'll post it here!

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Tenkage

Thanks so much, Charis! I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures, too! Just to poke your brain a little, is there any chance of getting the Juuni Kokki translations from you??  :D

Charis

Quote from: Tenkage on June 08, 2012, 04:18:14 PMJust to poke your brain a little, is there any chance of getting the Juuni Kokki translations from you??  :D

Aaaaaah, that's right, I have to go hunting those links.  There are some up here -- I'll see what else I can dig up when I'm on my home computer. :D
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

*pokes Shoukei*
Tenkaage--you posted TK pics from your camera on your Photobucket...share the linky here???

I sadly only have a couple pics on my camera and I'll update my post with the link later....I was not good at taking pics this year.

UPDATE:
http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/kimu_cosplay/Fanime%2012/#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ20

*sad face* The couple photos I have are up....