Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms 2013

Started by Charis, November 13, 2009, 08:16:26 AM

Tenkage

Quote from: kimu on June 08, 2012, 05:16:31 PM
*pokes Shoukei*
Tenkaage--you posted TK pics from your camera on your Photobucket...share the linky here???
:D

I sadly only have a couple pics on my camera and I'll update my post with the link later....I was not good at taking pics this year.

Yes'm!

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x122/ladytenkage/Fanime%202012/

Charis

By request from the Cos.com JK thread, resurrecting this gathering for next year.

Who's on board? XD
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

tatterpixie

Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Tenkage

If I can make it, I will definitely bring Shoukei! Either that, or a revamped Yokuhi!

seifer-sama

I'll have my artbook Yoko / Queen Kei and I should have a Keiki with me. :) I know the Date and time is still TBA but it if could not be Monday, that would really help! :)

Charis

Seifer - Fabulous! ^_^ As for timing ... we've done Monday in the past because it's easier to avoid other scheduling conflicts -- Saturday and Sunday usually tend to be a bit of a fustercluck with other gatherings -- but I'm 100% open to change.  (I know trying to decide anything this early is kind of insane, and I don't expect that -- just throwing it out now to get talk started. ;) )

Pixie - YAY RAT! <3

Tenkage - I'll keep fingers crossed that you can make it back out! <3 Would be lovely to see you again out here (especially since I have no idea when I'll be able to make it back out to your neck of the woods for a con ...).
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

Maybe we can look at Friday?
Saturday and Sunday are always a nightmare for planning.

Yeah for JK again next year!!
I'll decide on Sairin or Enki depending on who's wearing what and what would be more fun. Enki has more character interactions and is a newer costume for me, but we'll see.

Charis

I'd be down with Friday. :3  My Fanime schedule tends to be pretty flexible; I'm probably staffing next year, but I'll make sure that my shifts work out for this gathering.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

seifer-sama

I usually have to leave Monday because I have a long drive home is why I asked. And usually the hotels want you out of the room by 12ish, so I don't really have anywhere to change either. I like the idea of Friday though. :) But you are right, trying to settle on a time and date now isn't necessary. I just wanted to throw that out there as a suggestion. :)

Charis

So Fanime's a no-go for me next year -- I've got a wedding to go to at the beginning of May that makes asking for the time off unlikely at best.  I'm gonna miss everyone something fierce, but taking a year off is better for my wallet and my sanity than trying to drive up after work Friday and back down on Monday or something like that ...

That said: if you guys still want to do a JK gathering, I'll gladly hand off the reins to whoever wants them. <3  And either way, I hope you all have a wonderful con!
(And hope to see at least some of you outside of Fanime~ )
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

Oh no! We're going to miss you!!! Although, those are very valid and understandable reasons for not making it to Fanime.

From what I've seen on the cosplay.com JK thread, it looks like a JK/TK gathering would definitely be wanted next year!
If no one can step up to organize it, I'd be willing to do it. If someone else does want to do it, I also run the Trinity Blood gathering, so I'd be okay with letting someone else run this one.

kimu

Now that's it's January....anyone else interested in leading this gathering?
If not, I'll work with Charis and B to get this changed over by whatever deadlines B is setting for things.

kimu

It's now March! Update time!
At this point, it is looking like I will be running this gathering. If there is someone who really, really wants run this, please speak up! Otherwise, I will work with Charis to close this thread and start the new one with me as the owner.

Regarding day/time, please start posting preferences, also update to who is attending.
There our four of us that cosplay TK that will be competing in the Masquerade costume contest this year, so that will have some impact to when we can set the gathering.
;D

tatterpixie

I plan on being there with the Rat! ^_^

As to date/time, whatever works for y'all. I know there was talk about moving to Friday to make it easier for some folk to attend, and that'd be fine with me.

kimu

Yeah!! I adore your Rakushuun costume! And you were so much fun to spend some extra time with last year, too.

Friday is certainly a possibility! If that would work the best for everyone--or as many as possible at least.
We'll see how check in plans are going and make our best guess about what sort of registration nightmares we might have to work around.
I'd think we'd want an afternoon as opposed to a morning time.
I'll keep gathering input over this month.

kimu

And now it's April!
Is there enough interest--aside from Shokora, Tenkage, Inoli, tatterpixie, and I--to have a Twelve Kingdoms gathering in 2013? Is anyone else planning to cosplay TK/JK and want a gathering? seifer-sama? Anyone?

I'm all for putting the gathering on Friday if that works.
FYI that Sunday will be the date for the costume contest and the Black and White Ball, and four of us (at least) are competing this year. So that might make it trickier for us if Sunday was a preferred day for others.

tatterpixie

It's looking like I won't be bringing the Rat this year after all. ;_; He got pretty damaged by the TSA and I just haven't been able to make all the repairs and modifications I need to make to get him wearable again.

If skipping this year would be easier for people, I would be okay with that...

kimu

oooh saad! Poor Rakushuun!!! *super gentle hug*
Understandable about the time and not having him repaired, thank you for the status update!!!

I'll give it a couple more weeks and if it's just us four, I won't bother submitting the gathering for 2013. And if Charis makes it back for 2014, and/or others want it, maybe it'll happen again then?

impersona

Hi, I will be returning with my Taiki!  Sorry that I didn't mention anything earlier. 

kimu

Good to hear from you!
If we do decide to proceed with TK/JK gathering, so far you'd make it be a total of 5 cosplayers.
Did you have a day/time preference? Does Friday sound good for you?

4/14 UPDATE: Some changes are going on for some people's plans and we may not have enough people to meet the minimum number for a TK/JK gathering for 2013.
At this point, I'm going to suggest regrouping for a gathering in 2014 when there will hopefully be more people with TK costumes.
To impersona: My plans are to wear Enki on Friday, and I'd still be fine with meeting you for some photos if you wanted!