Princess Tutu 2013

Started by capeswirlinggirl, November 13, 2009, 04:47:02 PM

capeswirlinggirl

--------------2013 :D----------------

4/22/13 - Resurrecting this thread
Sorry folks, things have been crazy on my end, but I'd still like to have another awesome Princess Tutu gathering this year. The 2013 discussion starts over on Page 4. I'm looking at hosting this gathering on Sunday this year and I see that the loctions for gathers have changed again this year. We will be aiming for one of the inside locations (G1 - G4)

Princess Tutu Gathering 2013
Day: Sunday?
Time: TBD

People Count= 2

CapeSwiringGirl - Princess Kraehe
Trillian - Edell

Photo Order
Group
Random/Request
Final Group

Fanime Disclaimer: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

--------------2012 --------------
Info for the 2012 gathering starts on this page: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13173.60.html

Princess Tutu Gathering 2012
Day: Sunday
Time: 11AM

People Count= 7
CapeSwiringGirl - Princess Kraehe
Trillian - Princess Tutu or Edell
cbellsoup - Rue
Rosebud - Sleeping Beauty!Ahiru
Random Karen - Fakir
SincerelyAimei - Swan Lake!Princess Tutu
Fixt - Princess Tutu

Maybe/Hopefully:
cbellsoup+1 - Tutu
fixt+1 - Kraehe

Yura Kyo Aures

I'm thinking about going as Kraehe for one day if I can lose a little bit of weight or possibly even Mr.Cat (Because I don't think I've seen a Mr Cat cosplay yet...)

LordMoufMouf

I'll be there again as Swan Lake!Tutu.
;)

capeswirlinggirl

Sorry for disapearing for a bit, all updated now.

Yura Kyo Aures welcome! Now that you mention it I don't think I've ever seen a Mr. Cat cosplay either...

Lord Mouf Mouf I was hoping you were bringing back your Swan Lake Tutu  ;D

LordMoufMouf

Thanks! I love playing Tutu. ^^

HimeNoToki

Ok, now I have GOT to get my Odile version Kraehe to this con if there is going to be an Odette Tutu.  I will find a way to get my tutu across the U.S. if it kills me. *determined face*
FANIME 2010 COSPLAY PLANS!

Friday - Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
Saturday - Xellos (SLAYERS NEXT)
Sunday - Reimi Sugimoto (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4)
           - Hitokiri Battousai (Rurouni Kenshin)

BSaphire

I am working on a new gathering location that may benefit your gathering. I wanted something for the Lolita's, OHHS, and two others to use for their gatherings that was a nice area. I will let you know if we get the new location.

The only other area you may consider using would be 1st floor Convention Center Foyer (that is right inside the doors to the Con Center or the Rizor Stage located at the foot of the stairs on the first floor. Neither are exceptionally pretty, but won't damage your shoes like the cobble stone front fountain area.

Anime Wishes & Cosplay Dreams! ^^)
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

capeswirlinggirl

@BSaphire

*Joy* I look forward to hearing about this new location! Yes, I have been considering the Center Foyer area, but have been hoping to come up with something prettier... Hope everything works out for the new location and thanks for thinking of us ^_^

LordMoufMouf

BSaphire posted a new sticky about the new location - an patio on the Marriot side. Does anyone have an photos of what this place looks like?

LordMoufMouf

capeswirlinggirl

Yes, everyone over here if you have a preference between Sat. and Sun. or have a gathering that is already set that you would like us to try to plan around let us know asap!

LordMoufMouf, the Kuroshitsuji gathering on Sunday is duely noted ;)

Yura Kyo Aures

Hey, I've decided I'll be going as Mr. Cat.

I'm taking someone off DeviantArt's advice (I think it was LordMoufMouf?) and going in a kind of Cats (The Musical) style instead of a mascot head (because I don't think the airplane or customs would be all that happy if I did that too xD)

I'm off to the market today to find material for the fur methinks :3

Does anyone know where I can buy facepaint though? I don't think customs are happy with that kind of thing...

LordMoufMouf

Yes, I think it was me ^^

Kryolan makes the best theatrical makeup, in many different shades and colors, so you can get exactly what you want. Also, their prices are very fair for the quality and amount of product you get. I've found Kryolan at their stores, department stores, costume shops, dance shops, etc. You just have to call around and see. :)

Yura Kyo Aures

Ooh, thank you very much. ^^
Hopefully I'll be able to find some once I get there >3>

capeswirlinggirl

Looking to get the day/time for the gathering set soon. How do people feel about a 10 or 10:30am time slot?

@Lord Mouf Mouf
Alas, I have no photos of the new gathering location, nor have I been able to find any. In spite of the recomendation, I'm hesitant to use a location with out knowing what it looks like...

@Yura Kyo Aures
You should be ok, a quick google showed me at least one dance store in the San Jose area that carries Kryolan makeup and I would venture to guess that there are a few more. There also seems to be an actual Kryolan store in San Fransisco ;)

LordMoufMouf

Yes, the official Kryolan store is in SF. Check their website, because I think you need to make an appointment or something. They are super helpful, and they let you try all the makeup. :)

capeswirlinggirl

Alright, Saturday morning it is! I'm going to put us down for 10:30 to give everyone a bit more time to sleep or whatever and me a little extra time to get ready and down to the table the requisite 15 min early to check in the gathering ;) It looks like Sat.will start getting crowed around 11am this year as the 11 and 11:30 time slots are already being marked as full on the official list.

Next question for everyone is any thoughts on location? *Sigh* I'm thinking of defaulting to the fountains inspite of the cobbly pointe eating pavement because of the ease and shear visibility, but haven't entirely given up on looking at other locations yet. I plan on submitting the info for our gathering by the end of next week, so a decision will be made by then. For your perusal the list of official gathering locations can be found here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12405.0.html

Yura Kyo Aures

Quote from: capeswirlinggirl on April 02, 2010, 10:30:31 AM
Alright, Saturday morning it is! I'm going to put us down for 10:30 to give everyone a bit more time to sleep or whatever and me a little extra time to get ready and down to the table the requisite 15 min early to check in the gathering ;) It looks like Sat.will start getting crowed around 11am this year as the 11 and 11:30 time slots are already being marked as full on the official list.

Sounds good to me. I'm definatly going as a Cats inspired Mr Cat/Neko Sensei. Working on my costume now and looking really forward to Fanime now. x3

capeswirlinggirl

Ok, I haven't had time this week to really think much about the gathering or post anything (stupid real life schedule). So I'll be pushing back finalized decision/submision till Monday. Location will be either in front of the fountains, in the 1st floor central lobby area, or the new concourse level patio Marriott side (assuming approval). If anyone has objections or preferences please let me know by Monday morning. Thanks everyone!

capeswirlinggirl

Alrighty, I've put us down for the fountains in front, Marriott side. The fountains are just so much prettier than the lobby. I also plan on taking a peak at the new terrace location this year to see if it might be better for next year ;)