Princess Tutu 2013

Started by capeswirlinggirl, November 13, 2009, 04:47:02 PM

forever adel

awesome! I also have a black swan mytho coming and a Rue :D See you all on sunday!
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

capeswirlinggirl

Kiara

I keep saying it's final, and then our group changes. xD I PROMISE it's right this time. Here's from our group, who to add and who to subtract from the list.

ADD:
Lilly - Princess Tutu
Narutaisho - Drocelmyer
Pax - Fakir
Rhiannon - Princess Kraehe

SUBTRACT:
Zexi - Princess Tutu
Sinead - Princess Kraehe
Narutaisho - Fakir
Dio - Drocelmeyer
Leyoto - Princess Tutu

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

capeswirlinggirl

capeswirlinggirl

Thank you everyone who came out for yet another wonderful gathering! It was great to see some of you again and nice to meet so many new fans. Hopefully we'll see everyone back in 2012!

capeswirlinggirl

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the late start getting this gathering up and running again for 2012. Time to figure out who's coming and were/when to meet this year!

Due to the construction at the convention center entrance and the uncertainty of how the area around the fountains out front (which I hear are no longer actually fountains) will look I would like to move the gathering inside this year. I'm thinking convention lobby as this will still give us lots of visibility with the added bonus of (hopefully) neither freeing like last year or roasting like the year before. Any thoughts, objections, other ideas, etc?

We're looking at either Saturday or Sunday again (we've typically held this gathering in the late morning on the day of the Masquerade). Any preferences for day or time?

Nyanko

I'm revamping my rue, and i may have a tutu as well, but i vote for sunday, saturday im going to be in full body paint and im sure a green rue wouldnt go over that well lol.  :D
~Blood for betrayal~
http://nekae.deviantart.com/
Fanime2013
Penelo ff12
Sailor Moon

capeswirlinggirl

Hi cbellsoup, looking forward to seeing your newly revamped Rue! Lol, a green Rue would definately be an interesting sight :D but it's looking like Sunday may be better for me as well. I'll probably give it another week before I start finalizing everything though ;)

capeswirlinggirl

SincerelyAimei

I plan to show up as Princess Tutu, Swan Lake version! C: Also look out for me in the Masquerade, I'll be performing a short ballet piece, en pointe and everything. So excited! ^^
Artist Alley Helper - Table 202 - Zhen Yue
http://zhenyue.deviantart.com/

Swan Lake!Princess Tutu [Saturday/Sunday]
Masquerade Entry 33 (The Dying Swan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiyZV25NBdg

fixt

I'll be there as Princess Tutu and I have a friend who's going as Kraehe but I'm not sure if she'll be staying for Sunday.

@LordMoufMouf
Seriously can't wait to see you,
you are so beautiful and make the best Tutu.

capeswirlinggirl

Welcome, welcome! Everyone has been added to the list.

@ SincerelyAimei
I'll definately be watching for you in the Masqurade, love seeing Tutu Masq. performances!

@ fixt
Yay! Looking forward to seeing you and hope your Kraehe can make it too...us bad guys are pretty outnumbered by the good guys at the moment ;)

capeswirlinggirl

Sorry I haven't updated about time and location in a timely manner. My schedule just went crazy this last couple of weeks :-[ but things have calmed down now and it's time to make this gathering official!

Time: I am looking at the 11:30am time slot on Sunday for this gathering. If that doesn't work (if its full etc.) my back up time slot would be 10:30am
Update 05/09/12: Gathering submitted for 11am instead. Reasons: 1) In 11:30am time slot there would be another group at our location immediately after us and we usually run a bit over the half hour time slots 2) I realized I might be unable to get our gathering checked in on time at the 10:30 slot, that extra half hour can make all the difference sometimes!

Location: Due to both construction and the alternating freezing and burning temps we've experienced with this gathering the last couple years, my first choice of location is 1FCC RS the 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby Riser Stage. The convention entrance facade blocks the windows enough that this location does not suffer from being back-lit like the lobby doors and my hope is that at close to Mid day there would be even less chance of that. Also, with our ballet theme a stage might be fun. I realize that for those of us in Tutus there is the panty shot worry if we are raised above the crowd slightly, but even if we opt to simply pose in front of the stage it could act as a handy support to lean against for longer poses :D Second choice location would be FMS the Front Marriot Side of the Convention Lobby over by the trees.

Please let me know if any of you have any preferences, objections or opinions. I will bewaiting till Monday 05/07/12 to submit this gathering in order to give you all a chance to respond.

Thanks everyone, and I can't wait to see all of your fabulous cosplays!

LordMoufMouf

*pokes in* Hellooooooo. I'll be attending this year in my trusty Swan Lake getup. Being inside would be nice, and it will be much kinder to those us in satin pointes, since concrete really rips them up. I don't think the carpet will be an issue, since i don't think anyone is planning any fancy dancing. :)

As for the panty-perves, I'm going to try to enlist my Duke to help guard against that. He can stand on the ground and watch the photos, or we can ask the photogs to stay back a certain distance. :)

SincerelyAimei

So sorry I didn't manage to attend the gathering this year! :C I was managing a table in Artist Alley and couldn't get there in time. I was the Princess Tutu in the Masquerade though, if anyone saw me! ^^ Hope everyone had fun, and pictures of the gathering would be great! :3

EDIT: Oh, it's already on Youtube! Darn speakers and fuzzy camera picture, but ah well. xP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiyZV25NBdg Thanks to whoever recorded me! ^w^
Artist Alley Helper - Table 202 - Zhen Yue
http://zhenyue.deviantart.com/

Swan Lake!Princess Tutu [Saturday/Sunday]
Masquerade Entry 33 (The Dying Swan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiyZV25NBdg

Olivine

Is there still going to be a 2013 gathering?
My friends and I are doing Princess Tutu on Friday so I thought I'd ask.
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

capeswirlinggirl

Ack, I can't believe it is already April! My apologies for dropping the ball a bit this year. If anyone is still checking this thread the answer to the question of whether this gathering is still happening YES, Given that we get enough people on short notice. Even though it's last minute I'm going to try to get this gathering up and running again!

@Olivine: This gathering will most likely be held on Sunday. Friday is out unless it works best for everyone else and someone wants to take this gathering over, as I am driving in that day and already have another gathering that evening.

BSaphire

Bumping out of the wall :P
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

So what is happening with Princess Tutu? After all how often do you get the chance to see the voice actor for Fakir??? Hummm... what's happening with this gathering?
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

capeswirlinggirl

Well, the gathering list is now closed, and as we did not get enough people interested on the forums here so it looks like we won't be having an official gathering this year  :'(

Myself and Trillian will be at wearing our Princess Tutu cosplays on either Saturday or Sunday. If anyone else is planning to cosplay Princess Tutu this year, please post and let me know. Maybe we can still organize a last minute unofficial get together  ;)