Money spent on items

Started by orangepopper, November 19, 2009, 07:18:25 PM

solipoo

I've never spent over like, $30 in the dealers room LOL. Each year usually I just buy a couple of posters or a plushie or something, since I don't collect figures or anime/manga. ^___^;;

HOWEVER, I spend like double or triple that amount in the artist's alley. ;u; I guess prints/buttons/the art aspect of fanime appeals to me more. xD

In total, including badge cost, I never exceed spending $200 in each of the three years I've gone to fanime.

This year I'm gonna bring lotsa money to the swap meet. Hopefully I'll find stuff that I like that *u*!! Cuz last year only went friday (and late, cuz of the FLOW concert), and only got to spend a little bit of time in there. ;n; !!!

zeroelement

Alot of ATM's Nearby so save alot bring some and ATM it so you have time to say Hey do i really need this. But some cash for those OMG MUST BUY moments.  Btw food can be cheeper if you WALK along the streets in San jose.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

FanFicGuru

I spend between 500-600 at Fanime. 125 for my room, 75 roughly for food for the weekend and the rest on swag.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

TC X0 Lt 0X

Only $50 this year.
My $600 Budget last year puts it to shame.
Well, time to kill myself...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Rhornez

you 600 dollar budget puts my 250 dollar budget to shame

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Moonblossom

Would it be obnoxious of me to say I don't really have a budget? I got back about thirty-five hundred dollars in taxes, a chunk of it when to plane ticket/hotel, I've put aside about 500 for food, and the rest is in a "use as needed" fund. ><''

zeroelement

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 19, 2011, 07:22:56 PM
Would it be obnoxious of me to say I don't really have a budget? I got back about thirty-five hundred dollars in taxes, a chunk of it when to plane ticket/hotel, I've put aside about 500 for food, and the rest is in a "use as needed" fund. ><''
Well you can Always SAVE the money and go to more cons XD

Coryuken

How much are figures usually?
I reeeeally want to get a Kuroneko figurine.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Rhornez on May 19, 2011, 07:12:41 PM
you 600 dollar budget puts my 250 dollar budget to shame

It was kind of the point, beyond expanding my collection (Some of those Manga still need reading (>_>) )
Mind you that was just Dealers Room and Swap Meet. I spent over a grand total last year. Though I was also covering for 3 people so it is expected...

Quote from: Coryuken on May 20, 2011, 12:12:14 AM
How much are figures usually?
I reeeeally want to get a Kuroneko figurine.

Figures are absurdly expensive as they go up in quality.
The average size low end figure can go from $10-20, and depending on popularity even these skyrocket.

So what we chillin?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moonblossom

Quote from: zeroelement on May 19, 2011, 07:58:02 PM
Well you can Always SAVE the money and go to more cons XD

I'm actually going to NYC with some friends in a few weeks, hopefully. Not for a con, just for a vacation.

Unyieldingsoul

All you people, and you're $300-$500 counts make me super sad, cause I am only gonna have about $120 this year. And, that is for everything food, dealers room, artist alley, and the arcade. TT_TT

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Unyieldingsoul on May 22, 2011, 08:08:22 AM
All you people, and you're $300-$500 counts make me super sad, cause I am only gonna have about $120 this year. And, that is for everything food, dealers room, artist alley, and the arcade. TT_TT

The joys of being a working adult or teenager. :)
Swap meet staff - 2014

Persona

When I got an "allowance" for Fanime I only got $50 my first year and $100 the next few... and I actually ended up spending only half of that on everything (dealers room and food). It's amazing how much money you can save when you keep your impulse buys to a minimum.

zeroelement

Quote from: Persona on May 22, 2011, 05:05:33 PM

When I got an "allowance" for Fanime I only got $50 my first year and $100 the next few... and I actually ended up spending only half of that on everything (dealers room and food). It's amazing how much money you can save when you keep your impulse buys to a minimum.
If your not a figure buyer than its easy to save money. Also if your male its easyer. im not being sexist or anything its just that at Fanime they dont really sell Yuri books Nor do they sell Lollita male clothing. The clothing there from the fasion people are EXPENSIVE like 120 just for a jacket.

Unyieldingsoul

Quote from: Persona on May 22, 2011, 05:05:33 PM

Thing is, I still need to get some DVDs of older anime, and fanime is my best shot. Plus it is tradition for me to get a new messenger bag every year at fanime, so that is $25-$36 gone from the start.

Rhornez

his 600 dollar budget still puts mine to shame

zeroelement

my budget is whats in my pocket lol

Rhornez

FanFicGuru

This is my last fanime, so I'm going out big.

Though to be honest I came to fanime 4 years ago with a solid $1,000. Most I've ever spent in a weekend.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Poof-Aro

I have a $300 limit this year.... plus whatever my dad adds to that. ^^
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page