what to carry

Started by ayame_nguyen, November 19, 2009, 08:33:03 PM

ayame_nguyen

So i've only been to fanime once and this year 2010 will be my 2nd year.
does anyone have any tips on what to carry  stuff in? cause isn't it hard if you're going to cosplay too?  ???

last year i only cosplayed 1 day and i wore shorts underneath so i would have a place to put my phone D:
for 2010 i'm planing to cosplay all days. i can't leave my phone at home since i need to call someone to pick me up. nor can i leave my money home.
if i did i'd starve  >:( i don't have a hotel room either so i can't leave it in the room. i live too close to get a room.

i will be carrying like my phone, money, camera and stuff like that.
do you have any ideas for me?
thanks~  :D

Kertus

What cosplay are you planning?
That would help alot in us being able to give suggestions specific for you.  For general carrying stuff around I thought I saw another thread about bags and other stuff.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

DentyneIce408

I use a pouch (fanny pack). It's really useful and looks good with any cosplay IMO. ;)
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

caskaslyrk

If you are traveling by plane and you are cosplaying I would recommend a garment bag..that always help so your cosplay outfits are not totally wrinkled when you get them out.  As far as wigs would go normally they will go in any suitcase, but I would definately put them in individual zip lock bags.  Another tip is to style your wig BEFORE you actually pack it, that will save you a looot of time.  Cosplaying and taking a plane is a hassel ...cause you always have that WHAT IF bug in the back of your head praying to GOD the bag with part of your cosplay is not lost..LOL :P

ayame_nguyen

Quote from: caskaslyrk on November 19, 2009, 11:31:48 PM
If you are traveling by plane and you are cosplaying I would recommend a garment bag..that always help so your cosplay outfits are not totally wrinkled when you get them out.  As far as wigs would go normally they will go in any suitcase, but I would definately put them in individual zip lock bags.  Another tip is to style your wig BEFORE you actually pack it, that will save you a looot of time.  Cosplaying and taking a plane is a hassel ...cause you always have that WHAT IF bug in the back of your head praying to GOD the bag with part of your cosplay is not lost..LOL :P

oh i life in San Jose so i don't need to take a plane or anything XD
i'm talking about like what to carry my stuff in at the convention.

ayame_nguyen

Quote from: Kertus on November 19, 2009, 09:39:44 PM
What cosplay are you planning?
That would help alot in us being able to give suggestions specific for you.  For general carrying stuff around I thought I saw another thread about bags and other stuff.
I plan to cosplay as Kagamine Rin, Hatsune Miku magnet verison, and Himura Kenshin.

Nina Star 9

Here is a fairly recent thread on what people carry, in case you want more ideas.