I have a question(sorry if its in wrong catagory)

Started by TobiMadaraCosplay, November 29, 2009, 02:53:25 PM

TobiMadaraCosplay

I have a question(obviously), can anyone cosplay at Fanime and not have to be in a skit? or anything like that. Just like walk around cosplaying. Is that allowed? Sorry i'm new to this.  ???

-Tobi

ewu

Of course you may. Cosplay to your heart's content. The only thing I can think of is that to have any prop weapons, you must be in cosplay, but that should not be a problem!:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TobiMadaraCosplay

Thanks, I feel so stupid for asking. lol xD. If anyone wants to find me look for a 5'7" Tobi running around :D

chanocular

lawl, i'll be the 5'11" Tobi running around.  ;D

Jerry

Quote from: ewu on November 29, 2009, 03:29:56 PM
Of course you may. Cosplay to your heart's content. The only thing I can think of is that to have any prop weapons, you must be in cosplay, but that should not be a problem!:)

dont forget limitation of other 'props' or accessories when it comes to cosplaying.

Please check the general SAN Jose convention center rules of conduct and keep in mind of the following:

1) all prop items [withing the convention floor and hotel grounds] must be checked by fanime staff and peace bonded for safety*
* = special expceptions for masquerade and/or being outside of the convention ground [i.e. plaza infront of convention center] but keep in mind that we WILL have uniformed SJPD officers on site and they will be enforcement of any "items" that look too realistic as weapons.

2) any other devices, such bicycles, skate boards or roller skates are not permitted on the convention floor.

3) Signs [ or more specifically ] any sign that has any form of solicitation [ Example quid pro quo - will do [action] for money (or action)]

4) Think of the children rule - please no excessive amount of sensitive areas of the body shown AKA  Nudity. We are a family Con thanks.

Other than that anyone can cosplay as they please.

and of course have fun and be safe and sane while doing so.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Junon

Heck, you don't even have to cosplay anything related Anime even. I cosplay but never anything anime. In fact I dunno what I am, despite being the one cosplaying it.