Fanimaid Cafe 2010

Started by Mizuki, December 01, 2009, 01:25:10 AM

M I O

I like the Maid Cafes they're fun and all the maids are so cute. But I think that a maid cafe will nothing but cute asian male cosplayers would be so much better. Think of all the fan girls that would go just to be around the cute maids. ;)

PyronIkari

Quote from: M I O on May 18, 2010, 11:17:48 AM
I like the Maid Cafes they're fun and all the maids are so cute. But I think that a maid cafe will nothing but cute asian male cosplayers would be so much better. Think of all the fan girls that would go just to be around the cute maids. ;)
fweaiojfoaweifjptip23590jr2093u525u92q05u934io;jtw34;iotj3w4o;itjoi;ajfaskl;jflwk;ejfwal;kjfwael;kj

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13445.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14137.0.html

Please read those before you reply again.

Jerry

Fanimaid Cafe 2010 will always and will ONLY be female maids. No exceptions.

If you wish to start your own FanimeCon host or butler Event with male staff by all means, its just not going to have anything to do with Fanimaid Cafe. Their staff has repeatedly discussed this, and it will not move forward. Sorry, thats just the way its gonna be. 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

M I O

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 18, 2010, 11:36:34 AM
Quote from: M I O on May 18, 2010, 11:17:48 AM
fweaiojfoaweifjptip23590jr2093u525u92q05u934io;jtw34;iotj3w4o;itjoi;ajfaskl;jflwk;ejfwal;kjfwael;kj

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13445.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14137.0.html

Please read those before you reply again.
I see. Well, it seems that there are butler cafes for males? Thats not what I was thinking about though. I was thinking more on the line of boys crossdressing in maid outfits like the females do. =^-^= The butler cafes seem like they would not get a lot of business since they really don't appeal a whole lot to the whole anime scene people are looking for when they go to Fanime.

LordKefka

... so you basically want traps to serve unsuspecting people................
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jerry

again something that was discussed original of its joking and good humored natured.

But now that Maid Cafe has an established reputation to uphold, and they have politely decline this concept of any male cross dressing as females.

Simply put, the answer is No.

There's really no reason to push this forward, really~ Stop posting in this thread or start your own thread.

See statement by FaniMaid Staff below.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PyronIkari

Quote from: Jerry on May 18, 2010, 12:21:38 PM
again something that was discussed original of its joking and good humored natured.

But now that Maid Cafe has an established reputation to uphold, and they have politely decline this concept of any male cross dressing as females.

There's really no reason to push this forward, really~ Stop posting in this thread or start your own thread.

Uhm, Jerry... why are you posting like you're staff of Maid Cafe or have something to do with the Cafe directly. Please don't, seriously. Even if you are correct and what not, don't speak like you're official on the subject.

Back to the main point.

Having guys dress up as Maids although humorous is a blatant no. Why would we do this? It was covered in the other thread. Why would we do anything to purposely deviate from what a Maid Cafe is, just to please a small minority. The Maid Cafe is the Maid Cafe, not a Maid Cafe+ fangirl show, nor is it a Maid Cafe+Butler Cafe, nor is it a Maid Cafe + anything else.

People need to understand, that by adding stuff, you remove from the original point of the subject. If you want a salad, because you want a salad that's healthy and fresh, then you add bacon, because some people like bacon, and grilled chicken, and dressing, and croutons, and tri tip, and all this other stuff some people may like, you no longer have that healthy fresh salad, but instead a hodge podge of things people may like. You're basically removing the original purpose, removing the original appeal, and trying to make everyone happy, which makes no one happy.

ruby19_4

I have a question. I hope I didnt upset you. I wanna know if it is ok to take picture with the maid when I go inside the maid cafe and have a cup of tea.

PyronIkari

Quote from: ruby19_4 on May 18, 2010, 09:10:53 PM
I have a question. I hope I didnt upset you. I wanna know if it is ok to take picture with the maid when I go inside the maid cafe and have a cup of tea.

You can take pictures with your maid(s) in the photo corner when you're ready to leave.

ruby19_4

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 18, 2010, 09:22:39 PM
Quote from: ruby19_4 on May 18, 2010, 09:10:53 PM

You can take pictures with your maid(s) in the photo corner when you're ready to leave.

o ok. Sounds good. thank you so much.

M I O

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 18, 2010, 01:41:02 PM
Quote from: Jerry on May 18, 2010, 12:21:38 PM

Uhm, Jerry... why are you posting like you're staff of Maid Cafe or have something to do with the Cafe directly. Please don't, seriously. Even if you are correct and what not, don't speak like you're official on the subject.

Back to the main point.

Having guys dress up as Maids although humorous is a blatant no. Why would we do this? It was covered in the other thread. Why would we do anything to purposely deviate from what a Maid Cafe is, just to please a small minority. The Maid Cafe is the Maid Cafe, not a Maid Cafe+ fangirl show, nor is it a Maid Cafe+Butler Cafe, nor is it a Maid Cafe + anything else.

People need to understand, that by adding stuff, you remove from the original point of the subject. If you want a salad, because you want a salad that's healthy and fresh, then you add bacon, because some people like bacon, and grilled chicken, and dressing, and croutons, and tri tip, and all this other stuff some people may like, you no longer have that healthy fresh salad, but instead a hodge podge of things people may like. You're basically removing the original purpose, removing the original appeal, and trying to make everyone happy, which makes no one happy.
Hmm. Well, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong thread. I was just curious and thought it'd be appropriate to ask such a question without people getting all angry and telling me to post elsewhere. Besides the fact, I like the Fanimaid cafe and think it'll be fun to go to. And that whole salad thing. Interesting comparison lawl.

leslie

The Fanimaid Cafe is a walk-in event right? Or do you need to set up an appt or something?
Just want to know the facts before I go, thanks! :)
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

PyronIkari

Quote from: leslie on May 25, 2010, 11:02:52 PM
The Fanimaid Cafe is a walk-in event right? Or do you need to set up an appt or something?
Just want to know the facts before I go, thanks! :)

It is a walk in event, however if trends from last year follow, there will be a line. The line got up to as high as 1 hour at some points of the convention so try and come early.

In addition, we are having a game show sunday at 1pm and the top three contestants will be winning a fast pass for the Maid Cafe for up to them and 3 friends(3 winners) so if you can't find the time, or want to go again, be sure to check out the concerts on saturday and sunday at 1, and hope you get chosen for our game show at 1:30 on sunday.

leslie

Ok sounds great! A lot of people are talking about it so I'll make sure to get there early!
Thanks for all of the great info! :D
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

Meirin

Tweeters! Follow Fanimaid Cafe on Twitter for the latest announcements!

http://twitter.com/FanimaidCafe
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

ruby19_4

I finally got into the maid cafe. I had a lot of fun. LOVE UR DRESSES!! To bad my friend couldnt join me. O well. Thank you for assisting me,.....( I forgot the maid who was assisting me)  :(

Keep up the good work. Love u  all.

Magical Senpai

To Jun and all the Maid Cafe staff:

Thank you again for another WONDERFUL year!

Kertus

Quote from: Richie Likes Maids on May 31, 2010, 10:43:04 PM
To Jun and all the Maid Cafe staff:

Thank you again for another WONDERFUL year!

QFT
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

LordKefka

Great job to Mikey, Mizuki, Jun and all the maids for their hard work.

Even Momoi-san said the maid cafe was one of her favorite events at Fanime :3
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

ShinoBee

To Jun, Mikey, Mizuki, Mei, and the rest of the lovely maids!

OMG Thank you for such a great year! It was really fun getting to be a maid for maid cafe, and I hope to volunteer again next year! :) I appreciate everything you all have done for the cafe and the times we all spent together! Hopefully we all see each again soon or next year~. Thanks again!

Love,
Shino

P.S. A lot of customers kept asking me why there are no butlers or men. -_- LUCKILY the posts and previous threads explaining why helped me tell them that. And here is a bonus pic with me as a customer:

I love my Piggie! :D