How Do We Feel About Our Moderators?

Started by SukebeStudios, December 04, 2009, 01:13:44 PM

SukebeStudios

I don't want this thread to become a "Mod-Bashing," but rather, more like an evaluation.

Do you have instances of Mods performing their duties excellently, then please post thos stories. Some Mods in fact go above and beyond the call of duty, and will help you deal with other Mods that act in an unjust manner. They will even stop "trolls" and "thread bullies" (don't know if that's an actual term) from picking on you. Mods CAN do their jobs well, and those that do should be acknowledged. (To be fair to the "negative side" please don't mention names.)

Has anyone else felt that Mods have abused their power in any way? Such as show favoritism towards certain posters, locking threads for little reason other than trying to be like a parent telling their child "no" with their reason being, "Because I said so!"? Or telling you to stop talking and threatening you with banning because they don't agree with you, even though you're doing or saying nothing wrong? If so, post! You don't need to mention any particular names, (In fact, I'd rather you didn't. Mods talk to each other, you know) but if you could, talk about it!

I posted this topic in this category because the Mods of the MORE proper categories would ban this for people speaking their minds against them. To help try to keep this touchy thread alive...I suggest these guidelines...

* "Please stay on topic" Mods tend to delete threads that go off the wagon and just go into shameless stupid arguments.

* "No flaming" This is a simple, straightforward topic. It's not about arguing that someone is being stupid or being a p*ssy.

* "Facts only" If you have a story to tell, facts only please. If you think a Mod behaved unfairly, then only say what they did (no names), and try to leave out your personal opinions. If they behaved in a favorable manner, then again, to be fair, say only how they helped/assisted/impressed you.

* "No attacks" If you're out to just bash certain Mods you don't like, whether for personal reasons or otherwise, please don't post here.

I want this to be a fair discussion and evaluation of how we feel our Mods are performing their duties. Perhaps if they know how we feel, they will either keep up their good work, or change whatever mistakes they're making.

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukebeStudios on December 04, 2009, 01:13:44 PM
Mizuki is siding with Crack and I think it's unfair

There, it has been summarized.

wwwww

This forum takes very little moderating if any. The mods more or less are to prevent people from breaking rules, as moderators they are not supposed to have opinions on matters, but as posters and contributors to the forums, they can. "Some moderators" help deal with other moderators? I can break that down as, a lot of the moderators mod. Some of the moderators hate me, they they don't have the balls to really say anything to me, nor bring it up and will complain in the dark about it in which case their argument is "I don't like him, and he's not nice". And they will also go out of their way to say that Mizuki only agrees with me because he's my friend...

all of which being untrue. No one gets on EWU's case when he agrees with me on issues, because they don't realize that... he to is a friend of mine either. So it's just blind bias.

Anyways, people don't like being told they're wrong, they like it even less when they're being told(and for the most part proven) wrong by someone they don't like (me). And so they complain about it. I'm hardly nice, and all that. But if you think the mods are abusing powers on this forum, or even have a complaint about the mods on the forum, you're completely off base. There really is no reason for this thread to exist at all. None of the mods are doing anything remotely abusive. Some of the mods don't mod at all, but that's not a problem as most of this forum doesn't need modding. The only legitimate complaint about mods that can be made at this point, are that some of them have posted material on this forum that they shouldn't have, but that hasn't happened in a long time, and there's only like 2 cases of that.

But I will say, this was a nice try at making a discreet thread about Mizuki supporting me, and me being an asshole.

Mizuki

I'm fairly certain anyone with half of a brain can tell that this is (mostly) aimed at me, because of me having to warn you a handful of times for various reasons.

p.s. If I was abusing my powers all your posts would be deleted, and you'd just wouldn't exist in any of the boards I mod, so you may want to find a better term!

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Mizuki on December 04, 2009, 02:05:40 PM
I'm fairly certain anyone with half of a brain can tell that this is (mostly) aimed at me, because of me having to warn you a handful of times for various reasons.

p.s. If I was abusing my powers all your posts would be deleted, and you'd just wouldn't exist in any of the boards I mod, so you may want to find a better term!

WEll, to be honest, the initial desire of this thread was a negative tone. (Not totally against you) But I felt that was unfair to demonize ANY Mod. So I wanted to open a fair discussion. I'm not posting my own opinions or stories on this one. I'm merely opening the topic.

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukebeStudios on December 04, 2009, 02:22:26 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on December 04, 2009, 02:05:40 PM

WEll, to be honest, the initial desire of this thread was a negative tone. (Not totally against you) But I felt that was unfair to demonize ANY Mod. So I wanted to open a fair discussion. I'm not posting my own opinions or stories on this one. I'm merely opening the topic.

It was more than obvious what you were trying to do. You were trying to rally support against a mod you dislike because said mod had to warn you multiple times about things you shouldn't be doing. Said things for the most part had to do with me. It was blantent and horribly done. It's been done before, and it's been done many times better. Of course you realize though, that the ironic thing is how this pretty much goes against the rules, as if you have a problem you're supposed to PM the admin who will review your complaint and take the action he thinks is appropriate. Of course, in the case of you and Mizuki he would have done nothing, as he has already seen and knows about it. And because you know nothing was being done, you made this thread to try and push your complaint even further with the reasoning of...

"well maybe I can't get them to listen, but if more people post the same opinion, then THEY'LL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!".

Note, I'm a mod on a forum with over 200k members. I know all of these tricks, and I know how all of this goes. I've seen it all before, and this isn't going to work. Complaints are complaints, but the legitimacy of them are what matters. There's no legitimacy in your complaint. Just because you don't like me, nor Mizuki doesn't change that what we said is correct, and that you were wrong about things.Whining like it isn't going to change a thing.

EDIT: Here's some advice, stop trying to do anything. I know the line I walk and what can and cannot be done pretty well. You're better off just joining LyricalDaniChan and complaining about me and ranting and trying to get me banned in scret as to not further pollute this forum with empty crap. Atleast that way you might feel a little better about yourself without me being able to shoot you downa nd explain out how what you're doing is failing.

SukebeStudios

Seeing as how I'm not posting my own experiences, I'm not going to acknowledge the accusations. I'm leaving my own personal opinions out of it. If you want to think of me as "whiny," I could care less. I just want to hear what experiences other people have had, positive or negative. If you want to read more meaning into it, that's YOUR agenda, not mine.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Oh this thread is fun.

In my opinion our Mods are great. They do there jobs and can actually be seen on the forums as users, unlike the countless other forums one can go to and only see a Mod when something is being closed/deleted/banned/etc. I've never seen any of our mods abuse there powers really, though it may have happened before but I either was not there or do not remember. As for the mods ever closing/deleting/banning/etc something/someone for speaking there minds I've never seen anything like that here. Maybe do so for the content of the post/thread, but not directly for speaking ones mind. Otherwise a good amount of users, like me and our beloved Pyron, would have been banned long ago. I would think so anyway.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

@ SukebeStudios - I'm sorry but I find this thread to be unnecessary.

Whether mods or other random posters, theres always going to be a difference of opinion and conflicts that may arise. The more you 'try' to make this seem less personal or emotional, the more obvious it seems.

my initial thought was that it had to do something in regards to the protesters thread.
Even if it wasn't - I'll go on the record and say that your 'idea' wasnt in very good taste. Thats just my opinion.
Fanime staff would like remind all con-goers that our policy is that we do not instigate situations that could become a public safety issue.

Even here on the boards- not everything can be 'policed' or 'parented' - you have to take everything written and expressed here with a grain of salt and a shred of common sense.

Heck, I'll even say that I've said some pretty stupid things, and I appreciate the hard criticisms because its the only way I'll learn to think before you speak/post.  :-X

With that said I think your just trying to instigate something not worth all the fuss about. My 2 cents is to find something more productive and positive to do with your time.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

Looks like someone needs to fill this out:

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

SukebeStudios

Lol, I'm not even going to be posting in this thread. So everyone can be as off topic as they want. You're making a big deal about it, not me. At least it's good for laughs. If you think the thread is SOOO stupid...then there's another way to deal with it. Don't post anything. Isn't that what you guys say about the Protestors? The best way to get them to stop is don't pay attention to them? Well, If you don't agree with what I'm trying to do, let it fade away into nothingness. I'm not going to try to revive it or anything. I just put it out there

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukebeStudios on December 04, 2009, 11:11:51 PM
Lol, I'm not even going to be posting in this thread. So everyone can be as off topic as they want. You're making a big deal about it, not me. At least it's good for laughs. If you think the thread is SOOO stupid...then there's another way to deal with it. Don't post anything. Isn't that what you guys say about the Protestors? The best way to get them to stop is don't pay attention to them? Well, If you don't agree with what I'm trying to do, let it fade away into nothingness. I'm not going to try to revive it or anything. I just put it out there

There's a difference. The protesters are there FOR attention. So unless you're claiming you're only doing this for attention, then... the comparison is wrong.

Difference number 2. The protesters are there to get THEIR opinion out. For some god awful reason, people like me believe that if we sorta tell you that you're being stupid, you might learn from it. 95% of the time... the person doesn't learn though, and they're so full of themselves, that they reply like you do. In a halfwitted attempt to act in a "no, I'm not doing what you're accusing me of, I'm much better than that. You guys are stupid... HEY LOOK OVER THERE!" type action. Right now what you're doing is passing off the blame and acting like we're in the wrong. Though, funny enough, none of us have been off-topic really. You're the only one that's been off topic by stating that we're being off topic.

You've also further proven my point by stating you WON'T post your opinion. How so? Because what you're looking for isn't opinions, you want people to state things that agree with you so you can jump in and go "SEE I'm not the only one that thinks this!". You're trying to boost your own ego and were shot down. Then comes the denial that you're doing, then comes the trying to pass blame.

I told you... I've seen it all before. None of the mods are abusing power as of late. They did a while back. One of the mods decided it'd be a good idea to ban me. Admin looked at it, laughed and said "He didn't do anything ban worthy." and unbanned me. When mods start locking threads just because they want to, editing and deleting posts for no reason, and banning people because they don't like them... that's when abuse exists.

Right now they're doing their job. Moving threads that don't belong, warning people for doing things they shouldn't, and locking threads that don't belong. Oh, and killing spam bots.

So even if you think "we're being off topic" we've PROVEN why this thread is stupid. You're the one that doesn't get it, you're too busy trying to avoid accepting that we saw right through everything you planned.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

Eek. It's pretty apparent what the actual purpose for this thread was initially made for...

SukebeStudios, I think it may be time to review some of the advice given on past threads you've made... For example, the "Why am I lonely? thread" and "Girls don't like nice guys. They like jerks." thread.

Mizuki often cringes in frustration of trying to keep himself well-aligned when it comes to these sorts of situations, but he manages to do it. Trust me, if he had it his way, you'd probably be one of the first people he'd ban. But no, Mizuki's too much of a push-over to bend the rules. (I should know. The only thing he's bent is my riding crop. And it broke.)

He tries hard to be fair, and does a good job of it, even towards people he greatly dislikes. I'll speak for him if anyone thinks differently, and not because of bias, but my trust in his performance and capabilities as an organized and civil person. He doesn't "side with Mikey". He's just against the sort of stupidity and stubbornness from people that Mikey tends to be one of the few people who bother pointing it out.

And while I know whatever I say may not be convincing to said stubborn people, I'm just pointing out... it was clear as day, what this thread was targeting. Mikey already pointed out all the huge flaws in attempting so, so I'll spare you the humiliation from my end.

P.S. TC_X0_Lt_0X, are you hitting on my boyfriend?

- Love, Junchan

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Dany

Quote from: SukebeStudios on December 04, 2009, 11:11:51 PM

I personally that this thread is kind of a waste of time, at least for part of the folks here. Few people will have problems expressing positive feedback about moderation, about those who have done good for the forum and its members, but it's unfair to those who may have grievances because..well, why would you want to air that in front of a bunch of folks and therefore stir up a bunch of drama? I know I'd prefer to keep such things out of the public eye and keep my concerns to whatever mods are involved and a neutral party, but maybe that's just me and how I look at this sort of thing.

For what it's worth, I have nothing to report on the mods at this time, but the site seems to be working, it doesn't seem overrun by spambots, and I think I've been getting the information I need. So there. My contribution. Thank you mod-folks!
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 05, 2009, 05:42:44 PM
(>>)

Of course not...

(<<)

(>>)

*Hides*

I will make space for you in my torture chamber. :v

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 05, 2009, 07:39:05 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 05, 2009, 05:42:44 PM
(>>)

Of course not...

(<<)

(>>)

*Hides*

I will make space for you in my torture chamber. :v

Oh that sounds like fun.

*Leaves hiding place*