Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 05, 2009, 07:39:05 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 05, 2009, 05:42:44 PM
(>>)

Of course not...

(<<)

(>>)

*Hides*

I will make space for you in my torture chamber. :v

Wouldn't that just bring her closer to Mikey?
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: rude32 on December 06, 2009, 01:04:24 AM
(>>)

Of course not...

(<<)

(>>)

*Hides*

Wouldn't that just bring her closer to Mikey?

I'm not following.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

DentyneIce408

Some mods are doing a good job and others aren't doing their jobs at all, which I find a good thing. If mods did their jobs properly this forum will surely be boring and most of us would certainly be banned by now. But at times, mods, if you see somebody being flamed atleast end it as soon as possible and please don't contribute to it. Yeah, that person shouldn't do this or that but there are ways of telling them not to, without belittling them or hurting their feelings.

I know I can't change what and how people post, but atleast if you know they'll be hurt, apologize at the end of your posts. Say like, "Sorry, it's sad but true." This way most people won't misunderstood what your trying to tell them and probably would make them feel alot better.   
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DentyneIce408 on December 06, 2009, 08:47:44 AM
[...] Yeah, that person shouldn't do this or that but there are ways of telling them not to, without belittling them or hurting their feelings.

I know I can't change what and how people post, but atleast if you know they'll be hurt, apologize at the end of your posts. Say like, "Sorry, it's sad but true." This way most people won't misunderstood what your trying to tell them and probably would make them feel alot better.   

While there's plenty of good reasoning behind being nice and understanding to others, I feel a forum-environment has its own circumstances. People judge what to post based on the content of what other people say, rather than who the person behind the post really is. The tone used is just presentation of how the opinion wants to be presented as. Forums are mostly used for public discussions over making deeper connections with people. Normally when it goes beyond that, it's because there are relations outside the forum.

If there's any belittling, normally it's based on what the poster has said, over caring what sort of person more than what had been posted is. Trying to make it beyond that is more troublesome, if anything-- it grants people to get more personal, including more personal-insults, less focus on the topic, and bias... not to mention the "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!" argument. Apologizing after a negative response to a bad post, if anything, is more condescending-- basically saying "Yeah, you suck, but I don't think you can handle it so I'll lighten it up and make it easier for you by saying sorry at the end."

Quote from: rude32 on December 06, 2009, 01:04:24 AM
(>>)

Of course not...

(<<)

(>>)

*Hides*

Wouldn't that just bring [him] closer to Mikey?

More like Mizuki.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

I'm not gonna lie here but I really feel like it's almost a childish way to protest the actions of moderators (or anyone else) like this. If you have a problem, contact that person or contact people above.... or simply use the ignore button. None of us get paid to do our jobs. We do it because we feel like we can in some way help the forums and make it productive both during and post-con periods. If we didn't care, we wouldn't be posting at all or even be here. From the sub-forums I mod, I see everyone doing a good job so far (...those of who that are active anyways). I'm glad to see the Anime Recommendation used and helped by some of our members in addition to the WTS/B/T sub-forum being closely monitored by both mods and users for spammers and scammers. If you have an opinion, people will and won't agree with it at the same time. If you have something to say that's positive, equal chances are there for the opposite to be said for whatever reason. You can either deal with it, argue back if you have a different reason, ignore it, or whatever. QQing about it doesn't help. What I can tell you is that this topic is counter-productive almost like trying to start a drama war.

ps. I find it funny YOU even brought up the fact that this topic was made with a negative tone towards us mods. It's not fair for you to just start something like this and then say " oh, then I realized it's not right to have this condescending attitude towards the mods so let's make this something general". It's like we already KNOW what your intentions were almost like a slap in the face...

Oh one last thing, I hate taking sides and I pretty much avoid it and never do. Don't think I'm doing it because it's a one way opinion so far either. Think of why it is in the first place.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

DentyneIce408

You guys are right. There's no need to apologize to the person, I just realized something. A quote by someone, "What may hurt us, will make us stronger." That person wasn't intentionally flaming but was actually encouraging us to become better and realized our mistakes. I know that words can really hurt ones feelings but it can also make them become even better.

Saying all that, your really cool person and you make a really hot looking blonde. Lol (I was lurking in the Hall of Shame thread.  ;) )

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DentyneIce408 on December 07, 2009, 10:27:28 AM
You guys are right. There's no need to apologize to the person, I just realized something. A quote by someone, "What may hurt us, will make us stronger." That person wasn't intentionally flaming but was actually encouraging us to become better and realized our mistakes. I know that words can really hurt ones feelings but it can also make them become even better.

Saying all that, your really cool person and you make a really hot looking blonde. Lol (I was lurking in the Hall of Shame thread.  ;) )

Aw, why thank you. But you know, while "What may hurt us, will make us stronger" is a good approach to things, some people use it as an excuse to be jerks to other people. It's no one's responsibility to make others better, but it's a person's right to offer an opinion. How to tell apart useful advice to blatant insulting is just a part of being an understanding person.

Though, I don't remember posting any of my blonde photos on this forum... You sure you got the right person? ;P

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

DentyneIce408

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 07, 2009, 01:11:43 PM

Saying all that, your really cool person and you make a really hot looking blonde. Lol (I was lurking in the Hall of Shame thread.  ;) )

Aw, why thank you. But you know, while "What may hurt us, will make us stronger" is a good approach to things, some people use it as an excuse to be jerks to other people. It's no one's responsibility to make others better, but it's a person's right to offer an opinion. How to tell apart useful advice to blatant insulting is just a part of being an understanding person.

Though, I don't remember posting any of my blonde photos on this forum... You sure you got the right person? ;P

I was talking about your boyfriend.  :D Your beautiful too, since you do run the Maid-cafe.  :) (Don't worry I won't take your bf from you.)  :P

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: DentyneIce408 on December 07, 2009, 02:16:22 PM

Saying all that, your really cool person and you make a really hot looking blonde. Lol (I was lurking in the Hall of Shame thread.  ;) )

I was talking about your boyfriend.  :D Your beautiful too, since you do run the Maid-cafe.  :) (Don't worry I won't take your bf from you.)  :P

He lies...

(>>)

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

DentyneIce408

I didn't forget about you TC.  ;)  :D

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DentyneIce408 on December 07, 2009, 02:16:22 PM

LOL. Yes, his golden locks were quite captivating with the male crowd! Also, I need to keep a broom around or something. Too many men keep trying to steal Mikey away from me.

I'm looking at you, TC. :/

FanimaidCafe.com

chris-barstow

Okay I've just joined the site in the last few days and normally I hate mods in every way forum and manner they come in, But I love the mods on this site! Just because "PyronIkari" is a professional mental-bitch-slaper.

PyronIkari

Quote from: chris-barstow on December 08, 2009, 07:53:29 AM
Okay I've just joined the site in the last few days and normally I hate mods in every way forum and manner they come in, But I love the mods on this site! Just because "PyronIkari" is a professional mental-bitch-slaper.

I'm not a mod.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Crap Jun is watching me.

wat.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Liquid

Okay, due to time contraints I am skipping over most of the awesome hilarity of forum drama here.

Anyways, the active mods aren't too bad (I seriously dunno about that Ewu guy sometimes though.) Some forums do need more modding, but more in the way of clean up than anything. The only issue I see is that there are a whole legion of mods listed over various forums, but most of them are no longer active.

Yes, I made a semi-serious reply to a ridiculous thread. :)
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Steve.Young

I only moderate the staff section and that doesn't really require much work until we are closer to con.

I think I am awesome.

That is all.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

chris-barstow

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 08, 2009, 09:50:02 AM

I'm not a mod.
Seriously!? You need to be one or get a job at blizzard.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Ummm, what to do in these situations rather than publicly fire a post that gets everyone involved (in order):
- Re-evaluate post/topic before posting.  If you don't want unwanted replies, it is recommended to either get ready for people's reactions or not place it in the forums to begin with.
- PM the mods and admin regarding what you believe is an issue.  They'll make the final judgment calls.  It's not like one person makes the decision outright.
- Ignore Button.  Saves you time and reduces stress (or so I hope).
- If all else fails, find another forum.  It should not go beyond that afterwards, such as IM or email.

Then again, I barely post on the forums.  Just on times I feel like it's necessary to post.

= = = = = =

On-Topic:

Mizuki has done a great job as a mod, moving topics that should be in the correct section, deleting posts that is forum-unethical, and locking forums that violate rules.  He may have opinions that I may agree or disagree upon and vice versa, but it never was taken in context to inflict mod powers over differences.

Quote from: Liquid on December 08, 2009, 05:59:22 PMAnyways, the active mods aren't too bad (I seriously dunno about that Ewu guy sometimes though.)

Ewu is great.  If there was an issue or misunderstanding that I may conflict upon, a well-spoken PM worked.  Regardless of whether or not I agree with his decisions, it was handled very professionally.  :)
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

ewu

Late joiner, I just found out about the awesomeness of this thread from Mizuki. I had beef with him b4, but its just about enforcing the rules and Mizuki does it differently than I would have. But that does not matter, I am not a mod of those forums and he is. He was chosen and we all just need to accept it as is. If you have  problem then don't post in there.

Honestly, keep on being idiots and fanime will see no reason to have the social aspects of the forum anymore. Keep on being idiots and MY forums will be only ones left to mod. Wise up or shut up.

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 04, 2009, 01:57:42 PM
all of which being untrue. No one gets on EWU's case when he agrees with me on issues, because they don't realize that... he to is a friend of mine either. So it's just blind bias.

AWWW Pyron loves me:) Sorry Jun O:-)

Quote from: Liquid on December 08, 2009, 05:59:22 PM
(I seriously dunno about that Ewu guy sometimes though.)
Liquid.....you have just made it on to my list.....beware

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on December 09, 2009, 03:18:38 PM
Ewu is great.  If there was an issue or misunderstanding that I may conflict upon, a well-spoken PM worked.  Regardless of whether or not I agree with his decisions, it was handled very professionally.  :)

Thx, I'm glad we worked that out and that there were no hard feelings.

You know, I think this thread had fulfilled its purported intent and at the same time totally thwarted SukebeStudios's actual intent. Yay mod love thread!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom