Air Gear Cosplay Advice Please :)

Started by AnimeFans4Yaoi, December 05, 2009, 01:39:21 PM

AnimeFans4Yaoi

;D Alright so with planning for Fanimecon already in action I thought it was about time to ask for help regaurding cosplay construction, thanks to my older brother for getting my into Air Gear. So if your into Air Gear please offer any advice you can give please. A few of my questions are as follows.

I'm not sure but does Fanime allow its cosplayers to wear in-line skates if its part of their cosplay? For example I'm going as Simca (though she isn't my favorite anyway...) she wears AT's and since they don't exist in the real world would it be allowed for me to wear in-line skates? Also is it possible to remove two wheels(the two in the middle) from the in-lines in order to make them appear more like AT's without them breaking or not being able to balance out my weight?

Another question does anyone know where to buy Simca's hat, or could someone offer some advice on how to make it?

Thank you~
Panda of AnimeFans4Yaoi

KyraEnsui

AnimeFans4Yaoi

:'( Dang, I mean I understand for the safety of others but dang...

Anyway so the areas outside the convention is ok to wear skates right? The fountains and areas outside of the convention center for photos and stuff? I don't mind carrying them over my shoulder either, but is there a way to use regular shoes and just make them appear like Simca's skates without breaking any rules?

Runewitt

green rainboots with a set of white stripes going up the front? never watched the series but after a google search that looks like it might work.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

AnimeFans4Yaoi

:D Thats a great idea & I can carry my skates in my backpack....that works. Still would the areas outside the convention center be alright to wear skates?
Thank you!

Runewitt

from Jerry, same thread as linked
Quotewhat you do outside of the Convention Center Space- " is at your own risk " - Such as the outside gathering areas like the fountains or outside the hotel areas.

so outtside the building..
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

JiiiWiz

Outside of the con building, yes. You can do that, but not inside the con. Safety hazards you know? ^_^ I did that last Fanime when I went as Ume and Agito. I basically just carried my skates with me and wore shoes that match the outfit. I skated outside when I wore my skates so yeah ha ha. And for making it...you can make boot covers as well instead of getting the expensiveish rain boots (depends what brand etc lol) but yes, you can also do boot coverings over for your skates if you still wanna match with your cosplay.
"Please don't.."

AnimeFans4Yaoi

TokenBlackGuy

I was planning to dress as Kazu, only because i like to run and he is the fastest person from the main chars. So i was acutally planning to create my own pair of At's just for show. I think this work be a good idea.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

AnimeFans4Yaoi

Same I was going to buy some in lines and remove the two middle wheels, and either keep or replace the remaining two wheels with either bigger ones or just ajust them slightly. Then using some material form them to look like AT"s but I would need my brother's help I'm bad with skates...I even need to learn how to ride them again  :'(

BSaphire

There is a thread for this type of Weapons/Props post located here:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13329.0.html

Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC