lame. LoL

It isn't even out yet...

Heard it was okay though.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: DentyneIce408 on December 14, 2009, 02:41:17 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 13, 2009, 01:43:25 PM
Quote from: G.I.R on December 13, 2009, 01:26:54 PM
Quote from: jacktchance on December 10, 2009, 04:46:19 PM

P.S.  To all the people that still want a Halo movie.  Copy/paste Starship Troopers and take out the plot.
Kinda like "Aliens".

Starship Troopers has Plot!?!

If you ever watched Starship Troopers Chronicles you'll see that it resembles more towards StarCraft then Halo. Or if you get the chance to watch Starship Troopers 3 you'll see that the Federations new weapon looks like the Golaith unit.

Ps: Don't even bother to watch the second movie.

StarCraft has Plot!?!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

jacktchance

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 14, 2009, 09:56:01 PM

P.S.  To all the people that still want a Halo movie.  Copy/paste Starship Troopers and take out the plot.
Kinda like "Aliens".

If you ever watched Starship Troopers Chronicles you'll see that it resembles more towards StarCraft then Halo. Or if you get the chance to watch Starship Troopers 3 you'll see that the Federations new weapon looks like the Golaith unit.

StarCraft has Plot!?!
The plot of Starcraft is actually pretty good.

Jerry

hence thats why star craft has several books out as well as the video game sequel... if it ever comes out that is.

knowing the movie industry, they'd prolly screw it up too if it ever becomes a live action / CGi movie too. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: jacktchance on December 14, 2009, 11:11:36 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 14, 2009, 09:56:01 PM

Kinda like "Aliens".

StarCraft has Plot!?!
The plot of Starcraft is actually pretty good.

Not the way I remember it.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

david

I was scared of seeing a Zelda live action because the people who tried to do it failed miserably.  But then IGN tried to do one (it was a trailer for a Zelda movie.  April fools joke a couple years ago) and it turned out AMAZING. 

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: david on December 28, 2009, 04:32:52 PM
I was scared of seeing a Zelda live action because the people who tried to do it failed miserably.  But then IGN tried to do one (it was a trailer for a Zelda movie.  April fools joke a couple years ago) and it turned out AMAZING. 

YES! IGN SHOULD do this. It looked REALLY well done. I mean IGN could make SO much money if they released it.

I mean there were SOME flaws I must say, like some of it in the beginning looked kinda cheap, but the effort was good. IT WAS A MEAN APRIL FOOLS JOKE! I cried when I found out it was fake, and nothing more than a joke. So IGN should spend the extra moolah and make it.

Has ANYONE heard of the movie The Suffering?
It was a video game about a guy named "Torque" who may or may not have killed his family. I heard a bit about it now I hear nothing at all, is it like a secret production or something? Or did it fall thorough?

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on December 29, 2009, 09:28:56 PM
I was scared of seeing a Zelda live action because the people who tried to do it failed miserably.  But then IGN tried to do one (it was a trailer for a Zelda movie.  April fools joke a couple years ago) and it turned out AMAZING.  

YES! IGN SHOULD do this. It looked REALLY well done. I mean IGN could make SO much money if they released it.

I mean there were SOME flaws I must say, like some of it in the beginning looked kinda cheap, but the effort was good. IT WAS A MEAN APRIL FOOLS JOKE! I cried when I found out it was fake, and nothing more than a joke. So IGN should spend the extra moolah and make it.

Nooooooooooo way, it would turn out bad. How can you make a movie based on a video game in which the main character doesn't even talk.

G.I.R

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 30, 2009, 09:51:37 AM
I was scared of seeing a Zelda live action because the people who tried to do it failed miserably.  But then IGN tried to do one (it was a trailer for a Zelda movie.  April fools joke a couple years ago) and it turned out AMAZING.  

Nooooooooooo way, it would turn out bad. How can you make a movie based on a video game in which the main character doesn't even talk.

Kinda like the way Judge Dredd turned out.  You knew it was going to be bad the moment you saw Stalone take off the helmet (which NEVER happened in the comics.)

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 30, 2009, 09:51:37 AM

Well I dont think it would be too bad. It would make a few Zelda Fans irritated. BUT if they follow with some of the scenery they had in the falsie trailer, it would turn out fine.

As for Link being a mute through the game, that can be changed, find someone who sounds like Link when he grunts, lifts, throws, yells, and fights. I mean it could not be too hard. Sure it wont be as good as the games, but still I think it would be good.

G.I.R

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on January 03, 2010, 07:12:43 PM

As for Link being a mute through the game, that can be changed, find someone who sounds like Link when he grunts, lifts, throws, yells, and fights. I mean it could not be too hard. Sure it wont be as good as the games, but still I think it would be good.
Key word.  And that's what most fans fear.

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: Kazuko on December 10, 2009, 12:50:52 AM
Hey girls hey! Dont hate on M. Night Shyamalan! I thought that Lady in the Water was a beautiful piece of work. The Sixth sense and his other works were pretty awesome too, sure some of them have flopped but give it a chance. M Night is actually a BIG fan of the Avatar Series so he could do it some justice. Though I am amused that Patel is playing Prince Zuko.

Also, It peeves me that people will be like "OMG AMERICAN LIVE ACTION ANIMUS, ITS SOOO GOING TO SUCK LOLOLOLOLOL LETS BASH ON IT BEFORE IT EVER DEBUTS, OMG JAPAN DOES IT BETTER" Honestly Shut Up and wait till it comes out, go watch it and then go complain about it. I personally am looking forward to the American versions of death note, At least it will give a better representation than the crappy Japanese version. Japan honestly has done some of the WORST adaptions in Anime. Higurashi live action, Deathnote, and a few others were just so bad that I am pretty sure the american counterparts will do much better because there is more production value and a hell of a lot of money put into it. Though I can honestly say Dragon ball and Chun li were pretty bad for the US remakes.

That and Zac Efron will make an Amazing Light, Hes a fan of the series C:

Also, Transformers isn't a Japanese anime IIRC, Also Enjoyed that movie, its what I pretty much figured if Autobots and Decepticons were to be in the real world.

Speaking for my self, I cant speak for everyone; I think the Japanese films are good. I have not seen that many adaptions of Anime or games. The only adaption I have seen was DeathNote. I think it was done well. Although the actors could have been a little LESS hokey. I still enjoyed it for what it was. MOST american horror film makers dont know how to make horrors that well. Freddy Krugar? Nightmare on Elm St.? Whats the point other than slashing teens to bits. I like stories that freak you out psychologically, like Ju-On, which is the japanese version of The Grudge. XD

As for Shyamalan, yeah lady in the water was a good film but got a bit hokey as I remember. It was a beautiful story though.

Jerry

New-ish random info on the " the Last Airbender " movie

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-last-airbender-other-avatar.html

How's this for a plot twist? M. Night Shyamalan, the writer/director behind the dark thrillers "The Sixth Sense," "Signs" and "The Village," is making a movie based on an animated TV show.

The film is an adaptation of the Nickelodeon series, "Avatar: The Last Airbender," but Shyamalan had to drop the first word in the title to avoid confusion with James Cameron's record-setting blockbuster. It's the most effects-heavy and action-packed movie of the Oscar-nominated director's career. And Shyamalan's inspiration for taking on the project that's so different from his previous work came from very close to home.

Watch the exclusive 'The Last Airbender' trailer >>

Shyamalan told the Los Angeles Times that his daughter insisted their whole family watch the show. After that, he says, "all four of us were hooked. I was like, 'This would make a killer movie.'" And the excitement didn't stop at his kids. "My wife who really has been kind of in neutral about my career was insane about it... [She said] 'You have to do it. This is it. This is the one.'"

In many ways "The Last Airbender" seems like an odd fit for Shyamalan. The movie is more kid-friendly than the films that made him famous. His last outing was the R-rated horror flick, "The Happening." Plus, it is the first time he has directed an adaptation of another work, though he did write the screenplay for 1999's "Stuart Little."

"The Last Airbender" takes place in a world where the four elements -- fire, water, earth, and air -- can be magically controlled by special individuals called "benders." And there is only one person in the world who can manipulate all four. He is the "Avatar," a 12-year-old boy named Aang, played by newcomer Noah Ringer. With the help of his friends, Aang faces the armies of the Fire Nation, let by the villainous Prince Zuko ("Slumdog Millionaire" star Dev Patel).

In addition to the encouragement of his family, Shyamalan has said that the philosophical nature of the original show got him interested in making the movie. He told MTV, "The spirituality, the centering on relationships and family, on inherent optimism... it has all this stuff."

Shyamalan is counting on the film to resonate with audiences just as fully as the series did for his family. Plans are already underway expand "The Last Airbender" into a trilogy, with each movie taking its story from one season of the show.

To preview the massive special effects and martial-arts action in "The Last Airbender," watch the exclusive trailer below. The movie opens nationwide on July 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W1dhqc-JBs&feature=related

-----

Hype? yea or nay?

Liquid

Quote from: Jerry on February 10, 2010, 02:54:21 PM
Hype? yea or nay?

100% Yay, based on the trailer I saw.

I fear no live action movie\show adaptation. I only fear that when it gets done, it will get done incorrectly and ruin its future chances with audiences.

I was hopeful for a Dragon Ball movie, but it turned out terrible. Almost a worst case scenario there. However, The Last Airbender looks pretty good from the previews I've seen so far.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Jerry

Dont forget the Legend of Chun Li was pretty bad.
Dead or Alive was bad.
I heard Speed Racer was pretty decent.
Mario Brothers was just awkward.
First Mortal Kombat was OK - then bombed with parts 2 and 3...

on and on...

check out this random list from Wiki -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

The following is a list of films released theatrically at the time of introduction. Some may not have been given worldwide theatrical release.

* Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! (July 20, 1986)
   * Super Mario Bros. (May 28, 1993)
   * Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (July 16, 1994)
   * Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (August 6, 1994)
   * Double Dragon (November 4, 1994)
   * Street Fighter (December 23, 1994)
   * Mortal Kombat (August 18, 1995)
   * Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (November 21, 1997)
   * Pokémon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back (July 18, 1998)
   * Wing Commander (March 12, 1999)
   * Pokémon: The Movie 2000 - The Power of One (July 17, 1999)
   * Pokémon 3: The Movie - Spell of the Unown (July 8, 2000)
   * Shenmue: The Movie (January 20, 2001)
   * Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (June 11, 2001)
   * Pokémon 4Ever - Celebi, Voice of the Forest (July 7, 2001)
   * Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (July 21, 2001)
   * Resident Evil (March 12, 2002)
   * Pokémon Heroes (July 13, 2002)
   * House of the Dead (February 15, 2003)
   * Pokémon: Jirachi Wishmaker (July 19, 2003)
   * Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (July 21, 2003)
   * Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys (July 22, 2004)
   * Resident Evil: Apocalypse (September 10, 2004)
   * Alone in the Dark (January 28, 2005)
   * Air (February 5, 2005)
   * Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (July 16, 2005)
   * Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (September 14, 2005)
   * Doom (October 20, 2005)
   * BloodRayne (October 23, 2005)
   * Forbidden Siren (February 9, 2006)
   * Silent Hill (April 21, 2006)
   * Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (July 15, 2006)
   * Dead or Alive (September 7, 2006)
   * Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) (December 16, 2006)
   * Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai (July 14, 2007)
   * Postal (July 21, 2007)
   * Clannad (September 15, 2007)
   * BloodRayne II: Deliverance (September 18, 2007)
   * Resident Evil: Extinction (September 20, 2007)
   * Hitman (November 21, 2007)
   * In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (January 11, 2008)
   * Resident Evil: Degeneration (October 18, 2008)
   * OneChanbara (April 26, 2008)
   * Like a Dragon (June 23, 2008) aka Ryū ga Gotoku Based on the first Yakuza Video Game
   * Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior (July 19, 2008)
   * Far Cry (October 2, 2008)
   * Max Payne (October 13, 2008)
   * Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (February 25, 2008)
   * Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life (July 18, 2009)
   * The King of Fighters (November 4, 2009)
   * Tekken (November 5, 2009)
   * Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva (December 19, 2009)

Upcoming releases

* Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (May 28, 2010)
    * Pokemon: Gen'ei no Hasha Z (July 18, 2010)
    * Resident Evil: Afterlife (September 10, 2010)
    * Mortal Kombat: Devastation (2010)
    * Dead Rising: Death Disease Contamination (2010) Soon to be released on Xbox Live

[edit] Made-for-TV

* Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (December 23, 1992)
    * Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture (March 4, 1993)
    * Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle (June 30, 1993)
    * Art of Fighting (December 23, 1993)
    * Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns (December 30, 2000)
    * House of the Dead II (October 14, 2005)
    * The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon (April 29, 2006)
    * Clannad (October 5, 2007)
    * Clannad ~After Story~ (October 2, 2008)

[edit] Direct-to-video

* Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (March 21, May 21, June 21, July 21, 1994) - OVA sequel to Final Fantasy V.
    * Battle Arena Toshinden (1996)
    * Tekken: The Motion Picture (1997)
    * Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer (1997)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot (OVA) (1997)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot 2 (OVA) (1998)
    * Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie (1999)
    * Samurai Spirits 2: Asura Zanmaden (December 24, 1999)
    * Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie (May 31, 1999)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot 2 DX (1999-2000)
    * Sin: The Movie (October 24, 2000)
    * ZOE: 2167 IDOLO (2001)
    * Sakura Wars: The Movie (December 22, 2001)
    * Nakoruru ~Ano hito kara no okurimono~ (May 25, 2002)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot - Sayaka's Love Story (October 19, 2002)
    * Galerians: Rion (April 6, 2004)
    * Kirby: Fright to the Finish!! (June 14, 2005)
    * Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (September 14, 2005) - Sequel to Final Fantasy VII and part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.
    * Last Order: Final Fantasy VII (September 14, 2005) - OVA released with the Advent Pieces: Limited DVD edition of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.
    * Street Fighter Alpha: Generations (October 25, 2005)
    * House of the Dead II (February 27, 2006)
    * BloodRayne II: Deliverance (September 18, 2007)
    * Dead Space: Downfall (October 17, 2008)
    * Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (June 7, 2009) - Remake of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, sequel to Final Fantasy VII and part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
    * OneChanbara The Movie: Vortex (2009) A Sequel to the first OneChanbara Movie Currently Released only in Japan
    * Alone in the Dark II (2009)
    * Dante's Inferno (2009) Animated film from the people who brought us Dead Space Downfall.
    * Halo Legends (2010)

Dang... there were more than i thought :P

Liquid

So many Pokemon films....... but... kinda off topic because all of those were cartoon adaptations and not live action.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Jerry

Quote from: Liquid on February 10, 2010, 03:18:53 PM
So many Pokemon films....... but... kinda off topic because all of those were cartoon adaptations and not live action.

just be scared of the went back and actually did ALL the pokemon movies with Live action and CG animated pokemon.
Man that would be a trip. >_<

Jerry

The Tekken Movie May Not Suck, And I'll Tell You Why
      For those who haven't seen it, the Tekken movie trailer has been up on Youtube since the 14th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdUrryP0eWE&feature=player_embedded

There may be complaints about how cheesy the movie already looks, among other things. "Jin is skinny as fuck and he is about 8 years old and I am yet to see paul phoenix or steve fox" one person commented. As another put it, "these people played the game just once and tried to make a movie?? another failure like dragon ball they dont even know a thing about the original plot", horrible spelling, grammar, and all.

Firstly, it is being directed by Dwight H. Little, also responsible for working on 24, Bones, and Dollhouse, which is very reassuring. In the case the acting or writing falls apart somehow, the action scenes have a chance; I doubt the guys in charge would waste money trying to get a martial arts cast that's actually learned in their characters' unique styles unless the choreography was up to snuff. I'm relieved that not everybody and their mother is being used for the movie, Also, the art direction and costuming already seems faithful to the series, so it's easy to tell much more effort was put into that than Dragonball: Evolution, the upcoming King of Fighters adaptation, and even the Transformers movies did.

Still I think the most important thing is that the movie itself is first entertaining and then that it's a quality title in a self-contained manner. I always remind myself and others to think of it like an alternate universe, that way they're less butthurt if they feel their sense of fandom is raped. Who cares that the Tekken film isn't 100%, maybe even 50% faithful to the canon of the games?  And at least, as I said, the mood and visuals of the games are already there. 

What do you think about the upcoming Tekken movie?

Anyone seen this Tekken movie yet?

lyricaldanichan

Hmm has anybody seen Like a Dragon which is directed by Takashi Miike? Was curious if it followed the game at all or just a retelling?

Poof-Aro

Quote from: Jerry on February 10, 2010, 03:24:24 PM
Quote from: Liquid on February 10, 2010, 03:18:53 PM

just be scared of the went back and actually did ALL the Pokemon movies with Live action and CG animated Pokemon.
Man that would be a trip. >_<
Hey, if they got the people who did Avatar (they should do all future movies involving CGI) and made those Pokemon look real (not, alvin and the freakin' chipmunks real) then I might go see that. Sounds like a slime chance in hell to me though. I think that a lot of people would die if it comes out. I can see it. People sitting in the movie theater for another movie  watching the trailers and you see a CG Pikachu run across the screen. Your brain just exploded.

I'm somewhat looking forward to the Prince of Persia movie right now.... maybe because I loved the game. The trailer looks pretty good so far so, well see. I need a better trailer.

I'm fearful of The Last Airbender. I watched the extended trailer (if that's what you want to call it) yesterday and even though the action and CG look pretty damn good, the characters don't fit. Aang and Sokka are waaayyy too serious and they tried to only show the action in the trailers (which gives away the entire first book). I'm just hoping that it's a Avatar Trailer flop and the movie is actually better then what the trailers lead us to believe.

I'm iffy and leaning more towards terrified with Cowboy Bebop seeing as it is one of my all-time favorite animes. I don't hate Keanu Reeves, but he is no Spike! But (and this is a big but), seeing as how the makers of the original anime is so hell bent on keeping it as close to the anime as possible, I think that I can give it a shot.

Did anyone mention the Bleach Musical? I've never seen it personally because of my own fears, but it does exist.

More to fear:
One-Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist (actually that might not be too bad depending on whose working on it)
Naruto
Saiyuki
Blood+ (right... it already exist)
Assassin's Creed (actually, depending on Prince of Persia, it may not suck; I say that only because they are made by the same people)
Pokemon (as earlier mentioned)
Digimon
Bleach (though I don't know how they can get worst then a musical)
Miyazaki Movies

nuff said.

EDIT: Ha! I was right about the musical sucking! I don't even know why I looked it up >.<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Im1UB-Uwc
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page