Live Action Adaptations You're Scared Of

Started by SukebeStudios, December 07, 2009, 03:23:35 AM

SukebeStudios

Thankfully anime is becoming more in the norm now. But of course, the popularity isn't escaping the American movie industry. And although there are faltering attempts like the live action Evangelion movies, and the horrible Dragonball Evolution movie, are there some we can look forward to? Or are we scared to death that they're going to ruin our favorite animes like they thought Michael Bay did to Transformers?

OK, technically not an anime from Japan. But I've seen A:TLA cosplayers at Fanime. When I saw the trailer for...oh wait, it doesn't even have "Avatar" in the title, does it? ::Flips off James Cameron:: I was...well, speechless. I was almost excited...until I saw the name of the lamest hack of all time...M.Night Shamalan. Dear god...the entire series they tried killing the Avatar, and Shamalan is actually gonna do it. The only movie the he did that was anywhere NEAR good...was Stuart Little. Isn't that a little sad?

Cowboy Bebop
Honestly, I'm not SCARED, but more so, nervous as to see what will happen. I haven't seen much of Cowboy Bebop outside of the animated movie, so I don't have much emotion invested in it. But the fact that Keanu Reeves was confirmed to be playing Spike Spiegel has me a little on edge, and interested as well. I swear, if they make Spike go "Whoah..." I'm gonna killem, XD j/k. I swear, ever since Bill and Ted, isn't that the one line he's known for? lol

Kuromi_Kat

I have heard they made a live version of SailorMoon. Which I am even afraid to attempt to watch >.>. Weather or not it was the Americans, I dont know; but I have seen stuff from the Dragon Ball movie, and it was an epic fail. I think they should just leave it to the Anime to... well anime. If there must be a movie, use  anime XD

BUT! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CowBoy Bebop as a live adaption
Same with Zelda. (IGN Playing a prank like that >.<)

Jerry

there's been ALOT of live action anime made already. [this isnt really a new thing.... ]
Most of them usually japanese- most of them not work mentioning but I'll do it anyway...

Sailor moon was already mentioned.
Your under arrest - was another one.

everyone was clamoring about Dead Note and Death note 2
dont forget... um.

there have been ALOT >_<  of hentai turned live action as well.

if your really that scared of live action adaptations, then just dont watch them.

or have fun griping about them on the internet, since i hear thats what alot of ppl do already since um, 1992
:P

for me im willing to be willing to watch something once. and if its honestly THAT horrible, then just walk out and demand a refund. ppl do that alot too.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Jerry

Quote from: jacktchance on December 07, 2009, 11:54:07 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113074/

Sigh. :(

wow, i didnt even hear anything about that one in 1995 [per imdb] - it does look pretty horrible.

Back when anime in general was pretty obscure. not overly main stream like it was today. 

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Jerry on December 07, 2009, 12:02:21 PM
Quote from: jacktchance on December 07, 2009, 11:54:07 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113074/

Sigh. :(

wow, i didnt even hear anything about that one in 1995 [per imdb] - it does look pretty horrible.

Back when anime in general was pretty obscure. not overly main stream like it was today. 

Lol, i remember watching that. OMG, it sucked so hard.

I guess I'm more reffering to the big heavy duty "Non-asian" movie industry is picking up licenses. I know in Asia and Japan they already do live action adaptions of anime and manga. I guess I'm talking more about the industry doing movies like Street Fighter, Dragonball Evolution, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, and such.

JohnnyAR

Ever since the fourth Indiana Jones movie, I'm not quite sure about Steven Spielberg doing Ghost in the Shell...

I'm afraid that Keanu Reeves might mess up Cowboy Bebop. Same with Leonardo DiCaprio doing Ninja Scroll.

TC X0 Lt 0X

The Negima Live action series.
Fucking christ I ran after 5 minutes.

If were talking about American Adaptions:

Cowboy Bebop seems like it will be okay. It is one of those things that if it wasn't an anime you wouldn't think it was Japan, so it won't be that hard for Americans to digest it without edits.

The Last Airbender I'm not so sure about it. Sure it is already American, but M. Night Shyamalan. Fucking M. Night Shyamalan... Why the Hell M. Night Shyamalan!?! I'll be waiting for the twist the entire movie...

Can't think of anymore right now.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

jacktchance

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 07, 2009, 04:15:32 PM
The Last Airbender I'm not so sure about it. Sure it is already American, but M. Night Shyamalan. Fucking M. Night Shyamalan... Why the Hell M. Night Shyamalan!?! I'll be waiting for the twist the entire movie...
http://tinypic.com/r/2psoi7l/6

>:(

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: jacktchance on December 07, 2009, 04:36:09 PM

What a twist!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SukebeStudios

I don't mind Aang and Sokka, maybe Zuko is ok...but Katara...wtf?

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 07, 2009, 03:25:02 PM
Ever since the fourth Indiana Jones movie, I'm not quite sure about Steven Spielberg doing Ghost in the Shell...

I'm afraid that Keanu Reeves might mess up Cowboy Bebop. Same with Leonardo DiCaprio doing Ninja Scroll.

Now I Just HAVE to see Cowboy Bebop XD. I DOUBT Keanu will "mess it up." I WOULD GUESS He would play Spike?????? THAT IS A GUESS! He just wont play the role of Spike as well as... well Spike hahahha. Although it WILL be entertaining.
He played John Constantine well in the adaption of the book HellBlazer. If it were not for his dragging voice, he could do a lot more; and be remembered more than just "Neo From The Matrix."
Leonardo on the other hand... uhm, no thank you. I can not see him in something like that O.o

M.Night Shymalan doing The Last Air Bender, eh er... I think he would be best to stick with what he does best. I can not see him doing an anime adaption.

I heard of The Last Air Bender becoming a movie, I though it was suppose to be CGI though?

LordKefka

Didn't M.N.S. start failing since Lady in The Water?....*shrugs*.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 08, 2009, 01:14:52 AM
Quote from: LordKefka on December 07, 2009, 11:05:21 PM
Yes.

ironically I havent liked any movies since Sixth sense. :P LoL

per robot chicken [and im sure other critics] WHAT a twist!

other resources say- that the Last Airbender movie will actually be a trilogy.... - think of it as each major movie will cover each season/book:  Water, Earth, Fire.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jerry on December 08, 2009, 08:19:06 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 08, 2009, 01:14:52 AM
Quote from: LordKefka on December 07, 2009, 11:05:21 PM
Yes.

ironically I havent liked any movies since Sixth sense. :P LoL

per robot chicken [and im sure other critics] WHAT a twist!

other resources say- that the Last Airbender movie will actually be a trilogy.... - think of it as each major movie will cover each season/book:  Water, Earth, Fire.

Yeah I know. Not 1, but 3 M. Night Shyamalan movies. A living hell.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on December 07, 2009, 08:15:21 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 07, 2009, 03:25:02 PM

Now I Just HAVE to see Cowboy Bebop XD. I DOUBT Keanu will "mess it up." I WOULD GUESS He would play Spike?????? THAT IS A GUESS! He just wont play the role of Spike as well as... well Spike hahahha. Although it WILL be entertaining.
He played John Constantine well in the adaption of the book HellBlazer. If it were not for his dragging voice, he could do a lot more; and be remembered more than just "Neo From The Matrix."
Leonardo on the other hand... uhm, no thank you. I can not see him in something like that O.o

No, Leonardo DiCaprio is producing the Ninja Scroll movie. Sorry, I forgot to point that out.

When did this happen?

shy-cosplayer

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 07, 2009, 07:10:12 PM

What a twist!

lol!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 09, 2009, 04:18:37 PM

When did this happen?

I don't know.
I don't want to know.

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on December 09, 2009, 07:00:19 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 07, 2009, 07:10:12 PM

What a twist!

lol!

iknorite?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kazuko

Hey girls hey! Dont hate on M. Night Shyamalan! I thought that Lady in the Water was a beautiful piece of work. The Sixth sense and his other works were pretty awesome too, sure some of them have flopped but give it a chance. M Night is actually a BIG fan of the Avatar Series so he could do it some justice. Though I am amused that Patel is playing Prince Zuko.

Also, It peeves me that people will be like "OMG AMERICAN LIVE ACTION ANIMUS, ITS SOOO GOING TO SUCK LOLOLOLOLOL LETS BASH ON IT BEFORE IT EVER DEBUTS, OMG JAPAN DOES IT BETTER" Honestly Shut Up and wait till it comes out, go watch it and then go complain about it. I personally am looking forward to the American versions of death note, At least it will give a better representation than the crappy Japanese version. Japan honestly has done some of the WORST adaptions in Anime. Higurashi live action, Deathnote, and a few others were just so bad that I am pretty sure the american counterparts will do much better because there is more production value and a hell of a lot of money put into it. Though I can honestly say Dragon ball and Chun li were pretty bad for the US remakes.

That and Zac Efron will make an Amazing Light, Hes a fan of the series C:

Also, Transformers isn't a Japanese anime IIRC, Also Enjoyed that movie, its what I pretty much figured if Autobots and Decepticons were to be in the real world.