Calling All State Alchemists ------------ Full Metal Alchemist Gathering 2010!

Started by iKuraudo, December 16, 2009, 10:53:42 AM

iKuraudo

Meep. I can't seem to run the gathering.
Things have came up for me at the last minute to where I can't phyiscally run it. I'm sorry. Dx

But, hopefully someone else will take over... at the last minute. Dx

Saturday is good, I'll set it for Saturday...

krispy_kream

Normally it's Saturday morning, right? At, like, 10/10:30? If the time is still alright with everyone, I'd love to stick with it!

I have no idea who I'll be going as, but the current suggestion from my friends is mini-skirt!Ed. I think my friends were planning on Dr. Nox and Kimblee, but I'll have to double check how serious they were about that.
Fanime Cosplay 2013!
Persona 4 - Rise Kujikawa
Persona 3 - Female main character
Bioshick Infinite - Elizabeth

krispy_kream

Alright! I've taken over as gathering organizer, but I would still love to hear from all of you for picture ideas, any qualms about the meeting time and anything else you'd like to add or suggest! I've never run a gathering before, so if you leave everything to me, it's just going to be a big mess of an FMA party, which would be fun, but I think there should also be pictures.

In my experience with this gathering, it usually takes place at 10:00am on Saturday at the riser stage. If this still sounds like a good idea for everyone, I'm going to stick with it. Please let me know ASAP if this is NOT okay! (or let me know that it IS okay! I'll take either!)

Also, please continue to comment here with who you will be cosplaying as if you have not done so already. We're going to have a great time, guys! I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
Fanime Cosplay 2013!

Sora

yeah, it typically is, but this year, there're so many gatherings on Saturday that it's not even funny....I think 10 am for me might be almost pushing it because I have a bleach gathering at 11am.
"Don't give me any orders."

robina

i would like it to be friday if possible. i got a gurren lagann grp on sat and naruto grp sunday

krispy_kream

If you'd like it on Friday, please give me a time. (It cannot be in the evening)
Fanime Cosplay 2013!

bahamutknightzero

Good luck on that.

Traditionally, FMA gatherings have been on Saturday (excluding one year in I think 2007 where it was on a Sunday, even then there was an unscheduled gathering on that Saturday). So it'll be one tall order sort to speak.

It also looks like I may not be at the gathering in costume this year (the way the gatherings are set up I had to make some hard choices), but I'll probably still show up to take pictures (even if I can't be there in costume, I'll still be there to support). That is if the gathering remains on Saturday.

krispy_kream

There wasn't a lot of discussion in the thread about when the gathering should be, so I told BSaphire it was going to be on Saturday morning regardless XD; I can't be there in costume either (The reapers game and KH are right after it, and my priorities lie with those events, unfortunately) But it's not Saturday morning without an FMA meet.
Fanime Cosplay 2013!

robina

well i wont be able to make it then.. i really cant change between cosplays on sat its just really tiring. if u guys change ur mind about it and wanna make it friday then let me know.

koribean

Can I join as Alphonse Elric? :3 I'm currently working on my own cosplay.

PS - This is my very first time cosplaying, as well as my first con. >.< Excuse any fail.

krispy_kream

@Koribean: Of course!! I'm looking forward to seeing you there! Unfortunately, I can't edit the first post to add you to that list (as it is not my post to edit) but I'll post a finalized list of attendees at the end of this thread closer to con time. :3

Fanime is the best con ever, I'm sure you'll have tons of fun~
Fanime Cosplay 2013!

robina

i might have a problem with my lust cosplay... the wig might not be delivered on time. so there's a chance i wont be cosplaying lust.

koribean

Quote from: krispy_kream on May 13, 2010, 12:10:28 PM
@Koribean: Of course!! I'm looking forward to seeing you there! Unfortunately, I can't edit the first post to add you to that list (as it is not my post to edit) but I'll post a finalized list of attendees at the end of this thread closer to con time. :3

Fanime is the best con ever, I'm sure you'll have tons of fun~

^^ That's perfectly fine. Thank you!

I hope so~. I'm uber excited. Arggg, school totally kills me. xD

(I forgot to add that I'm going as Shambala!Al... being 5'6", I'd have quite a feat walking around in a seven-foot metal armor suit, haha. XD Sorry for the forgetful...-ness!)

korepersephone

Finally able to make it on a Saturday this year!

I'll be there as Russell Tringham (as usual) hopefully with my sister as Fletcher! (not sure if she can go yet...)

Can't wait!
If it doesn't make sense, it's probably a fangirl thing.

krispy_kream

Oh! I think my friends and I ran into you guys last year! (though we were cosplaying Avatar at the time) I'm so glad you can make it, I'm looking forward to seeing you there~
Fanime Cosplay 2013!

Sora

Chances are that my gf will be doing Ed in my place because the Bleach gathering is very close in time to this gathering, so I'll be doing Toushirou instead.
"Don't give me any orders."

Rabid Potato

I will be there as casual-outfit Winry. 

Has a definite time/location been set?

krispy_kream

Since I can't edit the first post, here is the official information for the gathering!

Date: May 29th, 2010 (SATURDAY)
Time: 10:00 am

Main Characters:
Edward Elric: Edward Elric's friend, Yura Kyo Aures
Alphonse Elric: koribean
Winry Rockbell: Rabid Potato

Military:
Riza Hawkeye: k.worthley
Maes Hughes: HappyHeretic, AriSky (maybe)
Gracia Hughes: HappyHeretic's wife
OC State Alchemist: MikoChika
Zolf Kimblee: krispy_kream's friend

Homunculus:
Envy: PhDPepper, AriSky (maybe)
Greed: brookin413

Others:
Dr. Nox: krispy_kream's friend
Russell Tringham: korepersephone
Fletcher Tringham: korepersephone's sister

There's no real photo order that's been decided, but it will probably involve group shots of the obvious categories before morphing into just plain random requests. (I do love me some random photo requests.)

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Also, there may be cookies. (hopefully no one is allergic to them. I'll write the ingredients on the box I bring them in.)
Fanime Cosplay 2013!

brookin413

Seeing as how there are no takers, you can count on me to take up Greed's mantle >:)
\\\"There\\\'s no such thing as NO SUCH THING\\\" >8)

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: brookin413 on May 25, 2010, 02:20:41 AM
Seeing as how there are no takers, you can count on me to take up Greed's mantle >:)

Thank you, the gathering needed some Greed representation since I am unable to do it this year (difficult decision)