Started by SuperCoolPeeps, December 17, 2009, 02:37:15 PM

Attending, Sat or Fri?

Sat
6 (46.2%)
Fri
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Foxberry

Just waiting for Wremble to get back with me on if 10am is an okay time for the mini-shoot and 12pm is good for lunch.

SuperCoolPeeps

Quote from: Foxberry on April 30, 2010, 03:47:13 AM
Just waiting for Wremble to get back with me on if 10am is an okay time for the mini-shoot and 12pm is good for lunch.

<< That Implies I have to be up at 8am to be ready.

and if the gathering is on Saturday anyways, whats the point of the mini gathering xP Shouldnt the lunch be morphed in with the gathering time?
Fanime 2010 - Because we rock
Chidori Kaname, Tessa, Sousuke
Azula, Zuko, Katara, Sokka
Ceada, Marth, Miciah, Ike

reyn

Why not just make 2 gatherings? One for the Friday ppl and one for the Saturday ppl? Fanime's big enough for enough ppl to make it to each one...

Foxberry

Quote from: SuperCoolPeeps on April 30, 2010, 11:22:26 AM
Quote from: Foxberry on April 30, 2010, 03:47:13 AM

<< That Implies I have to be up at 8am to be ready.

and if the gathering is on Saturday anyways, whats the point of the mini gathering xP Shouldnt the lunch be morphed in with the gathering time?

Reason why having the mini one? Because I didn't know that the main one was going to be shifted to Saturday. Also I asked a friend to shoot the mini meetup and he's not available at 1 or 4, and I wanted to get lunch around 12. I mean you guys don't have to go to the mini-shoot, I was just offering, if not then I'll see you guys at the main one. The mini one was again supposed to be because of the fact that it was originally thought the meetup was going to be on Friday lol. I already made the time and everything with my friend whose got those times avaliable. But yeah the lunch is part of the meetup I guess XD but I wanted to take time to take photos and stuff before lunch which would be probably 10:30-11:30 for the shoot and 11:30-12:30/1 for lunch (depending on how long it takes to get lunch I'm sure it will be busy to get lunch anywhere on saturday).

I mean if you guys like to get lunch first and do a photoshoot or something after lunch, then I'll go to that one too. I'm just saying that my photographer isn't available at 1pm. But yeah whatever you guys want to do the mini shoot is basically just something I got up with my photographer when everyone was leaning more towards Friday.

I noticed too that you posted on the Dodgeball event, so maybe it would be a good idea to do the Avatar meet sometime before 4 so we can attend the dodgeball event. It's a lot of fun, I've attended HappyHeretic's events before and they're so much fun.

SuperCoolPeeps

@ Reyn

<<

@ Fox Berry

x3 Stalker, and Ya, i wanted to go. We can probably end up doing that, we will have an official one maybe friday or sat? Depends, and still have the mini shoot on sat. Sound good? Pm me the info and who you know from your group who is attending the mini meet up and I will post it on the front.

Naruto_lover22

Hello!! Sorry it has taken me a while to post on this forum!! But i really want the meet up to be on Friday in the afternoon. The One Piece meet up is on Saturday and that is my main costume!!

I will be attending as Book Three Zuko in his epic armored costume!! Super excited!!

However if it is on Saturday then i will be unable to attend!! ^_^.

Kaname_Tousen

I'll be there as Piandao (aka Sokka's sword master)

Foxberry

Quote from: SuperCoolPeeps on May 01, 2010, 02:30:20 AM
x3 Stalker, and Ya, i wanted to go. We can probably end up doing that, we will have an official one maybe friday or sat? Depends, and still have the mini shoot on sat. Sound good? Pm me the info and who you know from your group who is attending the mini meet up and I will post it on the front.

Bwahaha >P I posted first so technically wouldn't that put you as the stalker? XDD jk jk. I'll get back with you hopefully very soon with the mini-shoot info. Looks like Friday's aiming to be larger than Saturday again? Lol. Anyway if the main one is on Friday and doesn't conflict with another meetup I will be at both lol.

wremble

I see a lot has happened here in the last few days. Mainly the poll has changed. I'm assuming the gathering is friday again? Although the discussion still seems to be leaning towards saturday so  I honestly have no idea.

A 5 or 6 gathering doesn't sound all that bad to me if it was saturday, it'll still be light for hours after that anyways.
smile -wremble- loves you!

Foxberry

I can always see if my friend would like to possibly shoot us at 5pm Wremble so we don't have to worry about so early anyway and nix the minishoot. That is if this forum can decide on a time and date if it's going to be on Saturday. Again it just depends on what everyone decides. I do need to let him know for certain though.

BSaphire

Everyone needs to come up with day time and location so that the organizer can pm me ALL the info & their info so it will be on the official list. This list is seen around the convention and many photographers use it to guide there photo shooting during the weekend.

My suggestion would be a Friday gathering (won't conflict then with Cosplay Masq on Sat. or B & W Ball or MusicFest on Sunday) After 5 years of doing this I can say that the 6:30  or 7 pm slot for the gathering and then everyone go grab dinner together Friday night. When your done with dinner you can always check out the swap meet or go shake it at the dance. The Deathnote gathering took this time period last year and had SOOOOO Much fun till 12 am! Just a suggestion, but time is quickly ticking away.

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Foxberry

Yes but the issue is the light and for photoshoots BSaphire. Have to keep in mind the lighting, so saying 6:30 or 7pm would limit our light quite a bit. Besides that would put my dinner sometime after 7, like 8pm. And honestly I don't want to eat dinner that late.

On another note: However if it's 5pm-6pm or whatever on Friday I won't be able to attend the meetup, Vocaloid is at 5:00pm on Friday.

SuperCoolPeeps

I Dont care if its official or not, I just want us all{ Or the Majority } To find a time and day that would be best suited for us. So if a time slot is full or w/e then I guess it will be unofficial and im fine with that.

As for it being so late, I also agree. Lighting, what if its that one night where it's just dark and ugly that wouldnt be very fun. Nor would I really wanna meet at 7pm at night, I'd be doing more awesome things.

wremble

I think I mentioned this before but I'll mention it again,
can anyone do sunday?

I know it's not peoples first choice, but who here has a major conflict on that day?
I mean if we can get every one there on the same day, whether it's the most desirable or not that would be best no?

Foxberry

Sorry I can't do Sunday, I'm cosplaying Stein and that takes a lot of makeup and time to make. And I also have a photoshoot already scheduled.

SuperCoolPeeps

Sunday just seems like a no no. Thats my lay back day.

SilentJ

I honestly think Friday is the best date along with the original time :/

reyn

Quote from: Foxberry on May 05, 2010, 09:09:39 PM
Sorry I can't do Sunday, I'm cosplaying Stein and that takes a lot of makeup and time to make. And I also have a photoshoot already scheduled.

Are you really? I'll have to keep an eye out for you! My friends and I will be cosplaying for Soul Eater on Sunday as well and Stein's my favorite character!

Quote from: SilentJ on May 06, 2010, 04:17:20 AM
I honestly think Friday is the best date along with the original time :/

I agree. We're getting too close to the con to be wishy washy about when the gathering should be. I run the coscom's Avatar thread, and I've been keeping it low key since this is the more active of the two, but I really would like a set time to announce for anyone who's not a member of the fanime forums...

SuperCoolPeeps

@ FoxBerry
We will have to have our mini gathering on Saturday then.

@SilentJ
Friday it is then /slap

As for the time, I dont know. We can decide on what time is best for everyone through another poll... & Comments. If anyone has comments or issues please PM me and I will try my darn Best to get this figured out.

wremble

haha alright, well me and my Toph are in for the mini-gathering saturday whenever we do that, but won't be able to make it to the friday gathering so you can pull me off that list.

I'm just glad a day was finally set :P