Nintendo/Super Smash Brothers 2010 gathering!

Started by Katsumiyo, December 19, 2009, 01:10:01 AM

Katsumiyo

The gathering so far is planned to be at 2:00 P.M. on Saturday, Day 2, in the Convention Center Lobby. This is just inside the front doors of the convention center, between the escalators, due to the heat and harsh lighting outside.
Hey, everyone--
A bit hesitant to open this thread just yet, seeing as how most people are far from setting times or locations so far. However, I figured this thread should be made sooner rather than later. There also doesn't seem to be a thread for this here or on the Cosplay.com forums--however, please correct me if I'm wrong about that! This is the FanimeCon forum thread for the Nintendo and Super Smash Brothers 2010 gathering. Please post here if you'd like to be in the gathering, and give your character--be sure to specify whether you are certain to attend or not sure yet.
(Nintendo is exclusive, meaning games developed by Nintendo such as Animal Crossing. This does NOT include every game that can be played on a Nintendo system, but usually pertains to Nintendo-created games and "classic" characters such as Link and Mario. Super Smash Brothers means ALL Smash games, regardless of whether the character was present in Brawl or not.)
Link to the Cosplay.com thread is here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=200411

Cosplayers from this forum attending:
Certain
Katsumiyo - Zero Suit Samus
AirEric - Link & Sheik
Kyra_Maverick - Celeste
Otaking007 - Mario
Ooarashi - female Mario
Count Metal - Little Mac
Kayra - Link
SilentJ - Luigi
Mirnamomo - Kirby
OniCourseMusha - Brain Age
CharminglyInsane - Toad & Princess Peach
Mimirinpro - Ness
Maybe
SuperCoolPeeps - Marth & Ike
iNSOMNiAC - Link
Moogleborg - Pokemon Trainer
Narutofan17 - King Dedede
Error00004 - Dark Link

I've been working with Error, the coordinator of the Legend of Zelda gathering. The plan so far is to hold the Legend of Zelda gathering one hour after the Nintendo gathering, to avoid confusion and crowds from earlier gatherings.

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

SuperCoolPeeps

If we can make it
Marth & an Ike done by my two friends.
Fanime 2010 - Because we rock
Chidori Kaname, Tessa, Sousuke
Azula, Zuko, Katara, Sokka
Ceada, Marth, Miciah, Ike

error00004

:p Where is the Nintendo gathering?Well either way if there are either I would attend as Dark Link
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

Katsumiyo

I'd love to see you guys. Looks like the Cosplay.com thread got deleted for lack of interest, though.
Error, I'm hoping to have it inside the convention center, just inside the front doors by the escalators--hopefully around 1 or 2. If anyone else has input for location or time, though, I'd like to hear it.

iNSOMNiAC

Depending on the time and day of this gathering, I may be able to attend as Link (Melee). I'm sure that interest for this gathering will climb as it gets closer to Fanime, though if there is indeed a Nintendo gathering happening again this year, then I'm not sure if there is much point to have a seperate Smash gathering since the SSB cosplayers would all likely be at the Nintendo gathering.
But hey, if people want Smash, then go for it. Like I said, I'll probably attend if I can.

Moogleborg

Hmmmm....i'll possibly try to modify my Ash cosplay so I could be Brawls Pokemon Trainer. :3
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

error00004

Come to think of it, I would think it would be best to keep it as just "nintendo", because it would include everything even SSB. :3 Also I would support you if you need help > ~< just hoping it wont be at the same time as any other gatherings i'm attending
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

Katsumiyo

I actually posted it, realized my mistake, and then couldn't edit the title to say "Nintendo/Super etc." Yes, this is supposed to be both Nintendo and Super Smash Brothers. My bad. But a lot of people don't understand that "Nintendo" means classic Nintendo characters that are usually present in SSB games--so people would bring anything published on the Nintendo console, which means tons of characters that aren't really relevant. (For example, last year there were Okami characters even though Okami is a Capcom game and was originally made for the PlayStation 2.) I'll try to edit my original post to be as clear as I possibly can.
I'm mainly trying to dodge the Vocaloid gathering and anything else terribly large, since it might be hard to fit multiple gatherings in close space. I think around 2:00 should be a safe time, but I'll be checking the current listings as often as I can. If anyone has input on time or location, much appreciated.

RooBird

Oh cool. I was waiting for a Nintendo gathering to pop up.  :D Although... Well, I'm not sure if my costume would count as a Nintendo classic since it's a different variant of a Nintendo classic. Would a female Mario be an acceptable costume to attend with if I can go? ^_^
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)

error00004

I see. Well now I'm hosting the Legend of Zelda gathering and well I was thinking of making either before or after the Nintendo gathering.
It's kinda weird that people would mix that up though xD
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

Moogleborg

Well, okay then. :D I'll just come in my Ash Ketchum cosplay. ^_^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.