first time going to fanime...

Started by sasukoi, December 25, 2009, 09:03:29 AM

michiko nakano

yeah if you're gonna be waiting in line, do so with friends and cookies and maybe board games and you'll pass the time comfortably ^__^

also, my friend met the guy in the pedo bear suit and she said he's totally awesome and not creepy at all.  just remember that inside every furry costume is just another anime fan just like you!  :3

Angelx624

Quote from: michiko nakano on February 10, 2010, 08:18:55 PM
yeah if you're gonna be waiting in line, do so with friends and cookies and maybe board games and you'll pass the time comfortably ^__^

also, my friend met the guy in the pedo bear suit and she said he's totally awesome and not creepy at all.  just remember that inside every furry costume is just another anime fan just like you!  :3
Mmkay then! ^^ I can always make friends with the people in line, too. :D That way I'll have people to ask cosplay questions to while I pass the time. ^^ And I love taking pictures of other cosplayers, as well. :3

Lol ya, don't be afraid of everyone in a furry/animalish costume! :3 I remember someone at Sac-Anime who had a Pedobear mask on but he was nice. xP He was asking for free hugs around the con. xD And come on, everyone loves free hugs. :3 As long as it's only hugs....... xD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Jerry

I've worked the reg lines for the past few years now, and we're all pretty friendly trust me unless your really the impatient type, you find something to do--- new ppl to meet and have fun people watching all the same.

and dont worry- if nature calls [legit bathroom breaks], let one of us know- so we can give you your spot in line.
just dont expect me to let 1 person go to the bathroo,... only to come back with like ten friends to "jump" back into line....

it doesnt quite work that way.  ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

narutofan17

Maybe I should pass out snacks while I'm in line. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

PyronIkari

Quote from: narutofan17 on February 11, 2010, 05:07:57 PM
Maybe I should pass out snacks while I'm in line. XD

Uh... I would suggest not doing this. It's actually kinda a small problem and a liability issue if you're passing out consumable goods from what I heard a little while back.

Angelx624

Quote from: Jerry on February 11, 2010, 08:43:01 AM
I've worked the reg lines for the past few years now, and we're all pretty friendly trust me unless your really the impatient type, you find something to do--- new ppl to meet and have fun people watching all the same.

and dont worry- if nature calls [legit bathroom breaks], let one of us know- so we can give you your spot in line.
just dont expect me to let 1 person go to the bathroo,... only to come back with like ten friends to "jump" back into line....

it doesnt quite work that way.  ;)

Lol, yay, friendly people! =P

@narutofan - I don't think that'd be a good idea. >>; Maybe you can pass around free hugs instead. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Jerry

Quote from: Angelx624 on February 11, 2010, 07:04:56 PM

@narutofan - I don't think that'd be a good idea. >>; Maybe you can pass around free hugs instead. :D

the unofficial ruling is that your not really recommended to hand out either pre-packaged or homemade items to the general public-
as good as your intentions are- hypothetically if someone has a food allergy or somehow develops complications due to the food it would get Fanime into trouble.

So please dont take free food unless they are "truly" your friends.
That and dont take candy from strangers.

and with the hugs... keep it civil... PLEASE DONT TURN THE REG LINE INTO THE HUG LINE...  :-[
that is all.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

L 3 S L I 3 !

Aw, I remember my first time at Fanime! My best advice to you would be to come with friends. I had "friends" for my first Fanime but we separted. Have fun! :3
[FORMERLY KNOWN AS L3SLI3_LOV3S_CHU.]

Angelx624

Quote from: Jerry on February 12, 2010, 08:42:28 AM
Quote from: Angelx624 on February 11, 2010, 07:04:56 PM

the unofficial ruling is that your not really recommended to hand out either pre-packaged or homemade items to the general public-
as good as your intentions are- hypothetically if someone has a food allergy or somehow develops complications due to the food it would get Fanime into trouble.

So please dont take free food unless they are "truly" your friends.
That and dont take candy from strangers.

and with the hugs... keep it civil... PLEASE DONT TURN THE REG LINE INTO THE HUG LINE...  :-[
that is all.

Lol, yeesh, I am aware not to give away free food. >< Most likely I won't have anything free to give away, cept I'll be taking other cosplayers' pics for free. XD

Lol ok ok, Naruto, if you wanna give away free hugs keep it civil. XP Me I'll just be taking pictures. ;D And yes I'm civil about it. DX
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

michiko nakano

civil civil civil... yes, let us be civil in our hug-giving, so we can avoid a situation where "civil blood makes civil hands unclean."  -Romeo and Juliet

anyways, taking pictures is great, i'll be doing it too, and i know that people just looove going on photobucket and searching 'fanime' and finding a picture of themselves after the con.  Just make sure that the person you're photographing knows that you're photographing them, juuust in case they're one of those people who don't want their pictures taken.  some people feel uncomfortable or whatever. 

FanFicGuru

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 09, 2010, 07:00:20 PM
Quote from: Mint on February 09, 2010, 05:35:57 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on December 28, 2009, 04:42:30 AM
Quote from: Mango Bunny on December 27, 2009, 11:25:44 PM

Not to mention you can still reg at the con, but it could be a long wait.

It's not really a long wait. Registration isn't that bad anymore. An hour maybe? Which is pretty good comparatively.

Supposedly my friend had to wait a good couple of hours last year. :x

The longest I heard at any given point was 1.75 hour long wait. This may be wrong, but the con was complimented about how the line wait got drastically shorter this past year.

What Pyron said. The line waits were MUCH better this last year. Of course I just arrive early afternoon thursday so I don't have to wait too long in line anyways, but from what I noticed on Friday and Saturday the lines were extremely long, but still were processed very efficiently. So yeah, don't fret too much about the wait.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kyra_Maverick

Depending on what time you get there, wait times are long on Thursday as well. The only difference is that you're not missing as much because everyone else is in line too.

Angelx624

Man, I wanna go on Thursday, now. Dx So then on Friday I can just have fun and hang out with friends. ><

Well, if we can stay with my Sac-Anime friend and his friends, then maybe going on Thursday is a possibility. ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

michiko nakano

where's there's a will, there's a way!  making new friends at con is a wonderful thing to do, because the next year (especially if you keep in contact) it's like a big reunion!  plus there's more people to stay with if you get caught in a pinch and are without a hotel room  :D

Angelx624

Quote from: michiko nakano on February 15, 2010, 09:18:49 PM
where's there's a will, there's a way!  making new friends at con is a wonderful thing to do, because the next year (especially if you keep in contact) it's like a big reunion!  plus there's more people to stay with if you get caught in a pinch and are without a hotel room  :D
Heehee, that's why I've kept in contact with my Sac-Anime buddies. xP If I haven't, I would be stuck on where to stay for Fanime! xD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka