Crown Plaza?

Started by Junon, December 24, 2009, 12:09:50 AM

Junon

I stay at the Crowne every year, I purposefully choose it too. It's usually cheaper than the others, but I found the quality to be better, the HDTV is nice and the staff are awesome. It DOES get crowded but not as much as the others, at least you CAN get on the elevator here.

Mod Edit: see mod post at the bottom
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Moonblossom

At the risk of sounding like moron - where are you getting these prices? I just checked the Housing page on the main fanime site, and it's still got 2009 on it and says it's closed.

As for the Crowne, I've never stayed there myself but a friend stayed there a few years back and we spent some time in his room, it was very nice. Nobody used the toilet while I was there so I can't comment on their noisy factor, but everything else in the room was definitely comfortable, stylish, and updated.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Moonblossom on December 24, 2009, 09:54:11 AM
At the risk of sounding like moron - where are you getting these prices? I just checked the Housing page on the main fanime site, and it's still got 2009 on it and says it's closed.

As for the Crowne, I've never stayed there myself but a friend stayed there a few years back and we spent some time in his room, it was very nice. Nobody used the toilet while I was there so I can't comment on their noisy factor, but everything else in the room was definitely comfortable, stylish, and updated.

I was just wondering the same things.
Got all alarmed that Room Reservations were up and that I would miss getting a Hilton/Marriot room (yes the connection to the con is important to me.)

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Junon

Mod edit: see mod post at bottom

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Moonblossom

Ah, sweet, thanks!

I will definitely wait until it's officially live, but this is handy to have.

ewu

I am awaiting official word to take down this thread, but until then I would not rely on these prices at all. Junon has come by them through questionable online practices and the information garnered from his methods should not be seen as official or even as an indication of the future prices.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Moonblossom

Eek, thanks for letting us know. I feel bad for asking now. ~.~;;

Junon

Quote from: ewu on December 26, 2009, 12:02:04 AM
I am awaiting official word to take down this thread, but until then I would not rely on these prices at all. Junon has come by them through questionable online practices and the information garnered from his methods should not be seen as official or even as an indication of the future prices.

There is nothing questionable about any practices in attaining the information.

I am sure the prices listed will be much the same (as they differ from last year), in fact the header of the page specifically says nothing will be accepted by CMR until it becomes official. They KNOW people are visiting this site for announcing such a public message.

Tony

Well, URL snooping is about as nefarious as jaywalking on a rural road at 3 am ;D - but the point of the site being obscured is that the information therein isn't solid nor exactly meant for public consumption just yet, so to release it could be misleading. (The messaging there is not for the public but for non-stakeholders, such as the web-dev teams.)

So as Eric said, everything in this thread "should not be seen as official or even as an indication of the future prices."
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Junon

Very well, I understand your concern.

But I think the prices are indication of what's to come, they are higher than last year's prices, but I cannot say for sure if they will change before the site launch.