Paypal is Down

Started by Erin, December 29, 2009, 02:11:34 PM

ewu

Quote from: Blaque on January 01, 2010, 07:41:56 AM
Having a paypal acct is not the issue, I have a paypal acct.  Using a credit card with out paypal is the issue.  ;)
If there were a separate, alternate, unique way to use my credit card I would be registered and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
You would look more professional and fewer fans would be biting there finger nails wondering if their limited budget for this event was going out the window.  :) 

Just saying.......Improvements could be made.

We have chosen PayPal as our selected e-commerce provider as any other website would select a single provider. The issue we are encountering right now is an issue that we would encounter with any e-commerce service provider. In this particular situation, the choice of an alternative provider would still be the same.

We have had an excellent experience with PayPal and have run into few, if any, problems with it. The use of two redundant systems would be a tremendous administrative burden that would only prove beneficial in this particular one time issue.

We ask you to bear with us as we rectify this situation. In the end there is no cost as our payment deadline will be pushed back as appropriate.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

GokuMew2

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 01, 2010, 09:26:33 AM
Look at eBay. They keep adding new measures to discourage vendors from accepting anything other than PayPal.

That's because eBay owns PayPal.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Blaque

QuoteWe ask you to bear with us as we rectify this situation. In the end there is no cost as our payment deadline will be pushed back as appropriate.

You're right. My mistake.   :-*

Moonblossom

Quote from: GokuMew2 on January 01, 2010, 11:05:16 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on January 01, 2010, 09:26:33 AM
Look at eBay. They keep adding new measures to discourage vendors from accepting anything other than PayPal.

That's because eBay owns PayPal.

Which they purchased because it's the safest and generally the most stable payment management system out there. They've been trying to get people to use it for YEARS, since way before they owned it.

It's the only option with conflict resolution - they encourage people to use it because if you pay with a money order or something and get shafted, you're SOL. But this is veering off-topic.

Sen

PayPal is back up. If you haven't registered already please do so. Badges will be $50 each until 1/12/2010 23:59:59 PST.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07