Post Fanime 2010 Weapons? Props? Peacebonding? Policy? Ask those ? here...

Started by Nekomatt, December 29, 2009, 09:28:20 PM

Avairrianna

I have a question about the wording from the gun peacebonding rules.

"Items which are too large to be holstered may be dealt with in another way." What does this entail?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

rislim

Quote from: Aelia on May 14, 2010, 09:08:08 AM
Your bow looks good. Do you have arrows to go with it?

Thanks.

Yes, my arrows are also made from wooden rods with rubber pencil eraser and foam sheet for the tip. :o

Wyte

Im dressing up as Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist....can i bring a normal size wrentch or should i just make it out of cardboard and tape?? LOL

Aelia

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 14, 2010, 01:52:40 PM
I have a question about the wording from the gun peacebonding rules.

"Items which are too large to be holstered may be dealt with in another way." What does this entail?
Depends on how large of a prop we're talking about. Did you have a specific prop in mind??

Quote from: Wyte on May 14, 2010, 08:17:13 PM
Im dressing up as Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist....can i bring a normal size wrentch or should i just make it out of cardboard and tape?? LOL
It would be better to make it out of cardboard and duct tape.

Quote from: rislim on May 14, 2010, 05:16:16 PM
Yes, my arrows are also made from wooden rods with rubber pencil eraser and foam sheet for the tip. :o
Your arrows sound OK, too.
Director of Operations

morgaine

I'm cosplaying as Hungary from APH and I was wondering if frying pans were allowed??
Fanime 2019
TBD

dark-lord-of-sith

Aella, um... My prop gun that I would be bringing is a hand gun prop that is fifteen inches long. Here is a few links with photos of it. http://dark-lord-of-sith.deviantart.com/art/hellsing-Jackal-prop-cast-3-164153873   http://dark-lord-of-sith.deviantart.com/art/Hellsing-Jackal-prop-cast-2-164153735   http://dark-lord-of-sith.deviantart.com/art/Hellsing-Jackal-prop-cast-1-164153603   ... I would be using a simple sword holster for it if you need it in a holster. Also if you want to see photos of it in the holster so you have an idea of what that would look like I will gladly do that. All I really have to do to the gun is the paint job. It will be all black with an orange tip. Just tell me how long the tip needs to be so I can paint it the right size.

ClowCole09

I have a question!
Im currently working on a scythe for my Stein Cosplay from Soul Eater. The blade is Foam Board but i was wondering about the staff part of the Scythe I want it to be sturdy could I use a medel pipe from the hardware store and if not is there a different materieal thets really sturdy and not totally flimsy i could use?

Gwydion

Quote from: ClowCole09 on May 15, 2010, 09:14:41 PM
I have a question!
Im currently working on a scythe for my Stein Cosplay from Soul Eater. The blade is Foam Board but i was wondering about the staff part of the Scythe I want it to be sturdy could I use a medel pipe from the hardware store and if not is there a different materieal thets really sturdy and not totally flimsy i could use?

You want PVC pipe for your scythe. It's light, just as sturdy as metal, and much more likely to get accepted by the rovers as it's just plastic. ^^ Plus you can cut it with a hacksaw to exactly the size you need, and you can drill into it if you need to. Look in the plumbing section of the hardware store.

azreale

HI! so my question is: will they except a weapon/prop thats just a smidge over 8 ft tall (which is the max height according to the policy)?  my lance for my neliel is literally 8'3"...
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

deonchan

Quote from: azreale on May 16, 2010, 04:19:21 PM
HI! so my question is: will they except a weapon/prop thats just a smidge over 8 ft tall (which is the max height according to the policy)?  my lance for my neliel is literally 8'3"...

The height limit for props is 7'
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

dark-lord-of-sith

Quote from: deonchan on May 16, 2010, 07:27:50 PM

Um in the rules it says 8'. "Items larger than 8 feet long (in its longest dimension) are prohibited." That can be found in the last line of "Prohibited Weapons & Props" on the "Fanime 2010 Peace-Bonding, Props & Weapons Policy"...

I have no clue on how strict they will be on this rule so good luck with it.

azreale

Quote from: dark-lord-of-sith on May 16, 2010, 07:35:02 PM

Um in the rules it says 8'. "Items larger than 8 feet long (in its longest dimension) are prohibited." That can be found in the last line of "Prohibited Weapons & Props" on the "Fanime 2010 Peace-Bonding, Props & Weapons Policy"...

ok... so which is it? 8 or 7'???? AHH so confused...

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

deonchan

HI! so my question is: will they except a weapon/prop thats just a smidge over 8 ft tall (which is the max height according to the policy)?  my lance for my neliel is literally 8'3"...

whoops!  Wrong con and policy  :-[ ;D

I stand corrected it is 8'
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Hibari_Fangirl

I'm really, really sorry if this question has already been answered since I'm really not willing to read through 14 pages of this. >.>;
Will Hibari's Tonfa be allowed? Kinda like this: http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn-Cosplay-Accessories-Kyoua-Hibari-Tofna-Version-2.html
They're hollow and light... >.> And blunt. Utterly and totally blunt. =_=;
FanimeCon'13 - Kuroko Tetsuya, Kagamine Len (Punkish, Revamped!Alice Human Sacrifice, Prince), Rainbow Dash (Genderbend), Alois Trancy (Revamped)

ctrlzproductions.deviantart.com

https://www.hetchrome.deviantart.com
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hetch

azreale

Quote from: deonchan on May 16, 2010, 08:05:58 PM
HI! so my question is: will they except a weapon/prop thats just a smidge over 8 ft tall (which is the max height according to the policy)?  my lance for my neliel is literally 8'3"...

whoops!  Wrong con and policy  :-[ ;D

I stand corrected it is 8'

alright then am i ok w/ 8'3" or do i need to shave a few inches off? thanks for all your help by the way guys!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

deonchan

Quote from: Hibari_Fangirl on May 16, 2010, 10:22:23 PM
I'm really, really sorry if this question has already been answered since I'm really not willing to read through 14 pages of this. >.>;
Will Hibari's Tonfa be allowed? Kinda like this: http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn-Cosplay-Accessories-Kyoua-Hibari-Tofna-Version-2.html
They're hollow and light... >.> And blunt. Utterly and totally blunt. =_=;

Sorry no. (and I double checked this one  :P )

Miscellaneous Items which are not permitted include but are not limited to: lasers, laser pointers, metal baseball bats, sai, tonfa , metal kunai, and yaoi/yuri paddles. Solicitous signs (including "Hug Me" signs) are not permitted. Items larger than 8 feet long (in its longest dimension) are prohibited.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Hibari_Fangirl

Oh...  :-\ Well, thank you very much for your help though!  ;D
FanimeCon'13 - Kuroko Tetsuya, Kagamine Len (Punkish, Revamped!Alice Human Sacrifice, Prince), Rainbow Dash (Genderbend), Alois Trancy (Revamped)

ctrlzproductions.deviantart.com

https://www.hetchrome.deviantart.com
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hetch

loner

loner

or you can use an old cardboard roll from a paper towel roll and a toilet paper roll? combine and BOOM! instant cardboard tonfas....that is if they still count under prohibited?

Somebody

Quick Question: Those metal fans you can buy in the dealer's hall are not permissible to carry around/are not eligible for peacebonding correct?
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty