Post Fanime 2010 Weapons? Props? Peacebonding? Policy? Ask those ? here...

Started by Nekomatt, December 29, 2009, 09:28:20 PM

hakurei

Quote from: Aelia on May 20, 2010, 11:53:20 PM
You would have to find a way for us to hook them to your costume. Wrenches would be OK but they would have to be peace-tied.

You wand should get peace-tied as a prop, not as a weapon.

If they're hooked to my costume, would I still be able to take them off for photos or would they have to stay there for the entire con, photoshoots included? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure.
tumblr | facebook
kiryuuin satsuki / wadanohara

billgoku

Quote from: billgoku on May 20, 2010, 06:04:46 PM
"Items which are too large to be holstered may be tagged with a peace-bond and may be hand-carried provided they are never brandished."

This part of the rules that have been posted needs to be stressed big time. 2 years in a row I've had props damage because they were too long to be tied to my waist and were damaged due to too much contact with the ground or other objects, or of course accidently poking people. My sword is at least 4/5s my height about like 4+ft long and they still tried bonding it to my waist.

I don't think any props which I personally peace-tied were damaged. I cannot say that for sure. However, the point of my reply is that yes, we will be policing our peace-bonders so that they know that should a prop get damaged, their head will roll. I put common sense into our guide to how things will be peace-bonded.

Quote from: hakurei on May 20, 2010, 11:21:14 PM
I have a few questions: It says that plastic/metal kunai have to be attached to be brought in. What would that look like? If that doesn't work out, would I be able to bring in a pair of wrenches instead?

Also, I have a small wand (http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Reimu_Hakurei) that I'm planning on bringing. Would that have to be peace-bonded as well?
You would have to find a way for us to hook them to your costume. Wrenches would be OK but they would have to be peace-tied.

Quote from: Segakid3 on May 20, 2010, 11:34:08 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying as Richter Belmont. I was wondering if I can bring a prop leather whip by possibly zip-tying it so it cannot uncoil and put it through my belt loop?
If you can coil it in such a way that you cannot use it, and it can be hooked to you then yes, you can carry the whip.

Well, unless you're a guy then you didn't bond mine, it was the same person for 2 years straight that damaged my items, well caused damage to them. A almost 5 foot long sword shouldn't be bonded to a 6ft persons waist, just common sense it'll get some kind of wear and tear. If I carry it, its on my shoulder blade in the air. I don't care how many ties go on the hilt just as long as I can "carry" it. Yeah theres a platic chain that hangs from the end of the sword and I understand that needs to be tied to the sword instead of left dangling, thats no problem. Now heads rolling, well you're worried we're going to be the violent ones. O_o lol
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

tsukichu☆

Are tonfas that are made out of PVC pipe allowed?
Fanime 2014 - Fey Rune (Inazuma GO Chrono Stone), Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven)

MAYBE: Kagerou Project, Danball Senki Wars, Dangan Ronpa

Taakutsu @ deviantART, sarufei @ Tumblr

deonchan

Quote from: Hibari-san on May 22, 2010, 08:31:05 PM
Are tonfas that are made out of PVC pipe allowed?

Tonfas of any type are not allowed. Sorry.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Nina Star 9

I have a non-functioning squirt gun with a cone made of craft foam glued to the business end, all spraypainted blue. Do I still need an orange tip on it, and if so, where would I put the orange tip?

I think it's pretty obvious that it's not a real gun, but I just want to be safe. Thanks!

Crewd

So I happen to Have a Greatsword for my costume that measures in at 6'6

Is this legal?

Aelia

Quote from: hakurei on May 21, 2010, 12:01:18 AM

If they're hooked to my costume, would I still be able to take them off for photos or would they have to stay there for the entire con, photoshoots included? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure.
If you were to go to an official photoshoot (and not just a "hey can I have your picture") you could un peace-bond your prop for the photoshoot, but it would have to get bonded again after. We need to attach Kunai to some part of your costume.

Quote from: billgoku on May 21, 2010, 07:14:55 PM
Well, unless you're a guy then you didn't bond mine, it was the same person for 2 years straight that damaged my items, well caused damage to them. A almost 5 foot long sword shouldn't be bonded to a 6ft persons waist, just common sense it'll get some kind of wear and tear. If I carry it, its on my shoulder blade in the air. I don't care how many ties go on the hilt just as long as I can "carry" it. Yeah theres a platic chain that hangs from the end of the sword and I understand that needs to be tied to the sword instead of left dangling, thats no problem. Now heads rolling, well you're worried we're going to be the violent ones. O_o lol
Please don't carry your blade over your shoulder. You can pose that way, but if you carry it that way, then there's something poking out behind you that people can walk into. If you turn, you can thump somebody on the head. Please find another way to carry your sword.

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 23, 2010, 09:36:26 PM
I have a non-functioning squirt gun with a cone made of craft foam glued to the business end, all spraypainted blue. Do I still need an orange tip on it, and if so, where would I put the orange tip?

I think it's pretty obvious that it's not a real gun, but I just want to be safe. Thanks!
It needs to get tagged. It does not need an orange tip.

Quote from: Crewd on May 24, 2010, 08:02:22 AM

Is this legal?
When you say greatsword you mean... what, exactly? That's a vague descriptor, unfortunately.

Just FYI, for all of you that will be at con, and feel the need to talk to me specifically. I will be at the Convention starting 5pm on Thursday. I will be available a lot, but that is the first point at which you could even possibly find me.

If you must get me, please politely ask a rover to get a hold of me, and if I'm not busy dealing with con business, I'll help you out. On that note, Cassie is another shift lead who is very good at peace-bonding as well. Please do not insult her by demanding to talk to me, when she will tell you the same thing.

I'll continue to check this thread until con. If you  have more questions, please post them.
Director of Operations

Crewd

well, when I say greatsword I mean its long and wide. The actual make up of the weapon is legal I just didn't see anything about size restrictions/(last convention I went to did)

rara87jon

Question, are metal backpack frames allowed (no sharp edges on it)?  I read the published prop policy and wanted to be clear on whether it could be used or not.

billgoku

Quote from: Aelia on May 24, 2010, 10:06:14 AM
Quote from: hakurei on May 21, 2010, 12:01:18 AM

If you were to go to an official photoshoot (and not just a "hey can I have your picture") you could un peace-bond your prop for the photoshoot, but it would have to get bonded again after. We need to attach Kunai to some part of your costume.

Quote from: billgoku on May 21, 2010, 07:14:55 PM
Please don't carry your blade over your shoulder. You can pose that way, but if you carry it that way, then there's something poking out behind you that people can walk into. If you turn, you can thump somebody on the head. Please find another way to carry your sword.

Quote from: Crewd on May 24, 2010, 08:02:22 AM

Is this legal?
When you say greatsword you mean... what, exactly? That's a vague descriptor, unfortunately.

Just FYI, for all of you that will be at con, and feel the need to talk to me specifically. I will be at the Convention starting 5pm on Thursday. I will be available a lot, but that is the first point at which you could even possibly find me.

If you must get me, please politely ask a rover to get a hold of me, and if I'm not busy dealing with con business, I'll help you out. On that note, Cassie is another shift lead who is very good at peace-bonding as well. Please do not insult her by demanding to talk to me, when she will tell you the same thing.

I'll continue to check this thread until con. If you  have more questions, please post them.

I'm sorry but if you read my post it says "In the air" meaning the tip is above my head pointing upward, so I'll rephrase it, its leaning on my chest and shoulder pointing toward the ceiling. This way I could spin in place and not hit anyone. Only thing I may hit is the top of a door frame.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Dany

Hey Aelia,

Referring the email about our weapons that you asked me to resend..I did so a few days or so after you requested (to both rovers at fanime and fanimerovers at gmail), but I've yet to hear a response on it.  Should I try to resend again?
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

NerdyBirdAsh

I have a question about costume policy in general.
I've read all the rules for props and weapons, but nothing about restrictions on costumes.
Is there even a written rule sheet for this?
I'd like to go over it before going over my costumes for picking and choosing.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

sirenskye

I'm cosplaying as Electra from Cowboy bebop for two days at Fanime. My gun prop is plastic, small, un-loaded, and can be zip-tied. Problem is, after reading the guidelines, they said that I need a holster.

Electra doesn't have a holster, and she usually fits her gun in her pocket but I don't have a big enough pocket. I will, however, had a purse/bag with me that I can put it in until I need it for pictures. Would this be okay???

Note, this is my first time EVER at Fanime. Help would be greatly appreciated!   :)

Dany

Quote from: ash_chan on May 24, 2010, 10:15:56 PM
I've read all the rules for props and weapons, but nothing about restrictions on costumes.

In terms of costumes..I think the understanding is pretty much so long as your no-no's are covered and you don't have Big Things sticking out of you that could hurt someone or cause traffic issues, you should be OK.  I'll be happily overwritten by staff on this one.

I agree, I don't think that there is a written policy about costumes themselves...unless I missed it?

T-1000

This year I'm cosplaying as an Angelcore soldier who possess a Luger type gun, if I were to make this out of cardboard and paint it to match exactly like in the anime series, how would I be able to present this into the convention? Please help me out :D
"Get. Out."

loner

@aelia
so ive packed my things assuming they all follow under 2010 guideline and rules,
ive ran into problems before with peacebonders who dont follow the exact guidelines themselfs.

So not to cause any problems this year i printed out the rules and highlighted what pertains to my costumes, would this be ok without stepping on any toes if i bought this with me when i get my stuff peacebonded?

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: Dany on May 24, 2010, 11:21:51 PM
Quote from: ash_chan on May 24, 2010, 10:15:56 PM

In terms of costumes..I think the understanding is pretty much so long as your no-no's are covered and you don't have Big Things sticking out of you that could hurt someone or cause traffic issues, you should be OK.  I'll be happily overwritten by staff on this one.

I agree, I don't think that there is a written policy about costumes themselves...unless I missed it?

I wish I knew.
Because I have a large (read: long) costume that I brought.
It's mainly for the pokemon gathering, but I wanted to walk on the con floor with it.
I'd probably keep it out of the Dealer's Room, that'd be a hassle, and it wouldn't be out ALL THE TIME, but I do want to show it off.
I worked super hard on this puppy.

I've seen costumes like it before at other cons, so I wasn't thinking when I made it that it might be not allowed at FanimeCon.
But then I realized last night and I figured I'd ask if there were any specific rules.

Dany

Quote from: ash_chan on May 25, 2010, 07:52:48 AM
I wish I knew.
Because I have a large (read: long) costume that I brought.
It's mainly for the pokemon gathering, but I wanted to walk on the con floor with it.
I'd probably keep it out of the Dealer's Room, that'd be a hassle, and it wouldn't be out ALL THE TIME, but I do want to show it off.
I worked super hard on this puppy.

I've seen costumes like it before at other cons, so I wasn't thinking when I made it that it might be not allowed at FanimeCon.
But then I realized last night and I figured I'd ask if there were any specific rules.

I would think you should be OK at least for the gathering itself, and especially if you plan to avoid the Dealer's room. That seems the worst place to take any "big" costume, no matter what the event :)

As for the "long part", it sounds like you have a way to pull things in when it's not being photographed, if I read correctly. I would probably suggest having a couple of friends around to spot you when you're walking around with everything opened just to be sure nothing is damaged (you or surrounding people/objects) and to just keep to more open areas. I don't know what the costume is so I'm making some big assumptions, but hopefully that helps...

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: Dany on May 25, 2010, 08:37:15 AM

I would think you should be OK at least for the gathering itself, and especially if you plan to avoid the Dealer's room. That seems the worst place to take any "big" costume, no matter what the event :)

As for the "long part", it sounds like you have a way to pull things in when it's not being photographed, if I read correctly. I would probably suggest having a couple of friends around to spot you when you're walking around with everything opened just to be sure nothing is damaged (you or surrounding people/objects) and to just keep to more open areas. I don't know what the costume is so I'm making some big assumptions, but hopefully that helps...

There's actually 2 people in the costume, with an opening at the front to have visibility.
It's long length wise and not width wise. It's not like wings or something like that where I'd be taking up 20' across a hall. It'd be a straight line. It's front to back long, not side to side long.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Aelia on May 24, 2010, 10:06:14 AM

-snip-

Will it need to be bound to a holster? (I will sort of have one, basically just a garter around my leg that I can slip it into, so I'm not sure how it could be bound to that.)