Looking to work at Fanime Con

Started by Wmonaco, December 31, 2009, 10:04:25 AM

Wmonaco

I am 18 years old and would really like to work at fanime con. I have tried to look at the open positions but it leads me to a broken link.If anyone can tell me if they are still hiring and how I can contact anyone to apply it would be very much appreciated. Thank you and Thanks to anyone who can help me in my pursuit of Employment at such an amazing convention

Sincerely
Will M.

Jerry

I would suggest contacting  - [email protected]  or [email protected]

I'm pretty sure they could provide you a 'short' list of departments which a quick description of what goes on behind the scenes at Fanime.

Also keep in mind that theres a difference between Staff & Volunteers, so please be weary of what your commitment level is going to be.

Also - keep in mind we will have staff/general Fanime discussion meetings- our next Fanime Staff General meeting is :
   General STAFF Meeting 1/24, Location TBA 3:00 PM

Most likely it will take place near the SJ Conventer Center Grounds and/or the hotels conntected to them. [Sometimes they might be off site] but they will hopedully announcing the location soon.

[soap box on] keep in mind that we want to make sure you have the right mentality to join staff - in a sense we all love and are rabid fans of various japanese pop culture genres, but you should hopefully have the common sense, responsibility and ability to follow directions which a decent attention span.

We cant just take any fanboy/girl and expect them to work with Industry Guests, Guest of honors, celebrities or our beloved Chair staff and executive staff members to go GAGA and glomp/swoon over a random moment.

also keep in mind this is a non-paid volunteering position, so technically speaking there isnt really a "hiring process" persay but more of a reality check if your sane enough to help us out, be productive and keep things mostly as little chaotic as possible type. :P
[soap box off]

For example I'm with Rovers -
We essentially help keeping the peace with all Con go-ers, help with line control, and do general assistance and safety needs around the Convention.

Feel free to Stop by the meeting and get some information in person, or e-mail staff and you'll get some more info.

Thanks for showing interest in helping out with Con.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D