Attention...Cosplay Deviants request to be at Fanime 2010

Started by Yakuza03, January 04, 2010, 08:12:48 PM

Yakuza03

I saw a post on my facebook and CosplayDeviants wants to be at this year's Fanime.

Here is their website (no nudity)...
http://cosplaydeviants.com/

The only thing is, I don't know who to contact for their request, and those who are staff or the admin, the email address is under the contact us of their website

For those of you that doesn't know Cosplay Deviants, it is a group of "Deviant Guys and Girls" that takes fanservice to the next level, meaning stripping one photo at a time...geeks entertaining geeks, so to speak.

I can't explain it well, but I'm just putting their request here for now...^_^

Tony

Haha, ok... doing what, exactly? Setting up a booth? Hosting a panel...?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Jerry

after briefly checking out the site. - definitely fan service to a... um different level indeed :P

it brings me back to the this topic i posted in the " serious business " sub forum :
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13306.msg358349.html#new

Not that I'm pro or con about this group. I'm just not sure if their content would be family friendly towards the general audience for the convention... though thats my 2 cents.

there's a difference between showing off fan service and solicitation... and i dunno it seems sorta to be dancing on the line here  :-[ but again that might just be me. 

Then again the Cosplay Deviants staff should contact Fanime Staff directly or attend our next Fanime staff meeting and discuss in person what they would like to do at fanime.

By all means, if theyre serious about being at fanime. they should go thru proper channels.

You could only do so much on the forums.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Yakuza03

That's the thing...neither I or them knows the contact e-mail for the staff or the one in charge of fanime. If anyone can post it here, please do.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Yakuza03 on January 07, 2010, 03:46:29 PM
That's the thing...neither I or them knows the contact e-mail for the staff or the one in charge of fanime. If anyone can post it here, please do.

If you posted what you were looking for, or what you planned/wanted to do, someone could point you in the right direction as to who to contact. There's many different departments in a convention that handle different things. If you want to run a panel... that sould be Panels and live programming. If you want to do a booth in dealers hall or artists alley, that would be general prorgramming. If you want to run something special as an event, that would be someone different all together. So as Tony posted earlier...

ing.

"Haha, ok... doing what, exactly? Setting up a booth? Hosting a panel...?"

<personal opinion >

Frankly, I think Cosplay Deviants has no place at the con. It's just an excuse for people to be slutty and a poor attempt to make money from it, so I don't see what or how they plan to "contribute" to the convention really. I could be completely wrong and you could bring something great to the con, but I don't see it at this point. Just a headsup, if you do plan on doing something, based on the style and reasoning of your site, you're going to have to convince staff that what you're doing will not only be good for the convention, but "appropriate" as well.I'm hardly a prude or anything like that, and excuse me, as this will sound incredibly rude, but I see this site as something wrong with convention as a whole. It's nothing more than people being slutty looking to get people laid, and a business attempt to use sex to make money under an overcoat of "anime and nerdy things".

/personal opinion

Tony

Quote from: Yakuza03 on January 07, 2010, 03:46:29 PM
Ok, ok - I finally updated my signature.  ;D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Yakuza03

PyronIkari: I do see your point. Yes, the old saying goes "Sex sells", but you know, it's at the staff's decision, and people may or may not like the idea of having this venue coming in. Then again, they did go to other cons despite objections, they may got rejected by other cons' staff but even if they get approved, the final decision to go to the venue when they're at the con is the individual.

Probably won't make sense, but oh well, that's my saying

PyronIkari

Quote from: Yakuza03 on January 08, 2010, 05:08:02 PM
PyronIkari: I do see your point. Yes, the old saying goes "Sex sells", but you know, it's at the staff's decision, and people may or may not like the idea of having this venue coming in. Then again, they did go to other cons despite objections, they may got rejected by other cons' staff but even if they get approved, the final decision to go to the venue when they're at the con is the individual.

Probably won't make sense, but oh well, that's my saying

You still haven't said what the point of them coming even is. What are they going to do? A panel? A booth? Parade around as naked as legally possible and pimp their site?

Moonblossom

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 09, 2010, 01:07:43 AMParade around as naked as legally possible and pimp their site?

This would be my guess. Although that's probably what they'd do in a panel or booth as well.

"How to make money by posing half-naked on the intertubes" just doesn't sound like a Fanime-appropriate panel.

Yakuza03

Well, you can always send an email to the staff...though they do run the con, the attendees (new ones and regulars) can always voice their opinion.

My opinion...I see no harm of the con's image if they want to set up shop, so as long they do follow regulations and, at the staff's discretion(sp?), when AND how do run things. That's all for now

PyronIkari

Quote from: Yakuza03 on January 09, 2010, 01:07:28 PM
Well, you can always send an email to the staff...though they do run the con, the attendees (new ones and regulars) can always voice their opinion.

My opinion...I see no harm of the con's image if they want to set up shop, so as long they do follow regulations and, at the staff's discretion(sp?), when AND how do run things. That's all for now

Pssst: Secret: I am staff...

But that's not the point of me saying or posting any of this. Frankly it's not my business as staff to know what it's about unless it has to deal with my department (which it doesn't). I'm posting this because I'm a member of this forum, and something was posted here and as a member of the forum I'm curious and voiced my opinion as a poster, not as staff.

You presented something, and asked for help, and provided no information as to what so help couldn't be posted. If you're setting up a booth in the dealers hall and abide by rules, that's completely fine. If you host a panel and follow rules, that's completely fine too. I have no qualms nor do I think it shouldn't happen. I'm more curious as to what it is so I can form a legitimate opinion. If you don't want to post about what you want to do, again, that's your prerogative and that doesn't matter.

Even if I don't like your site, nor what it stands for, doesn't mean I'd prevent it from happening if there is no reason for me to (and me not liking it is not a reason).

But even if you guys follow the rules, there is the possibility of hurting the cons image, not that I'm saying there is, because frankly, I don't care either way if you do have something at the con or not, as it isn't my choice, nor does it affect me nor my department. I'm merely replying to something that was presented on the forums. You seem to not want to post what you plan on/want to do, so that's fine, guess that's it.

ewu

To save my forum modding sanity, Yakuza03 please have CosplayDeviants email me or you yourself and I will direct you to the correct place, if any.

My contact info is below.
Thread locked
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom