FanimeCon 2010 Housing is OPEN!

Started by jdawson, January 11, 2010, 11:46:00 AM

ewu

Yah, we'll see if we can get that up soon.

Quote from: Aya Brea X on January 15, 2010, 12:34:14 AM
Did you guys notice that the Hotel link from the Fanime's Location page still takes you to 2009's closed reservation page?  Anyone who does not look here in the forums would not know how to reserve a hotel room. 
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Foxberry

*Sighs* I missed being able to get the dates for the Hilton and Saint Clair's. ._. Wasn't even aware that the dates were open five days ago. Anyway got the Fairmont; is it really an evil walk like some people are saying? I'm reading anywhere from 3-10 mins. I don't mind the 3-5 mins walk (even 10 mins is fine and probably not all that troublesome; but yeah.. just how some people make it seem). And it is one block away? I saw someone say it was 2 blocks? o_o

kaethus

The link in "Location" on the website is now fixed.
Fanime Attendee 2004 - 2007
Newsletter Staff 2008
Head of Content 2009 - 2010

Moonblossom

Foxberry - it's really not a bad walk at all. I'm mildly disabled and I can't walk long distances, but I regularly passed by the Fairmont while exploring the area looking for food. Unless you have a really big, heavy, elaborate cosplay, it shouldn't be more than five minutes.

Oniko

Sadness, I've always stayed right at the convention every year.  I was unaware that it opened long before there was a post on the Fanime main page.  All the days I normally go are sold out.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Althena

I have a small question/concern after reading other board members posts and the time stamps on them.
I just recently reserved my rooms, but it went through with flying colors. I have two confirmations for rooms at the Hilton for Thursday check-in~Monday checkout.
So in the chance of looking like a complete idiot, did I miss something...? Or were rooms added?
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

Tsu

Was the Marriott unavailable on Thursday from the start, or has that day filled up?  Will there be more rooms added?
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

ewu

No, there were rooms available, but often they fill up extremely fast. There is a possibility of more rooms being released but that is contingent on a number of issues, but the safest thing is to reserve now.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

HimeNoToki

Got my room from Thurs-Monday at the Hilton.  Very excited, this being my first time in California and my first Fanime (I'm from Florida).
FANIME 2010 COSPLAY PLANS!

Friday - Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
Saturday - Xellos (SLAYERS NEXT)
Sunday - Reimi Sugimoto (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4)
           - Hitokiri Battousai (Rurouni Kenshin)

Foxberry

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 16, 2010, 08:24:51 AM
Foxberry - it's really not a bad walk at all. I'm mildly disabled and I can't walk long distances, but I regularly passed by the Fairmont while exploring the area looking for food. Unless you have a really big, heavy, elaborate cosplay, it shouldn't be more than five minutes.

X3 Alright; I didn't think it was too big of an issue... I don't think I have anything elaborate (at least not yet I don't know XD ha...) Thanks though~!

Dany

We have a single bed at the Hilton for Friday to Monday. We're relatively local so the hotel is more for convenience/cosplay's sake than anything else.  And a fridge, because I'm not so cool as to be able to subsist on ramen and restaraunt food (though the latter will likely creep it's ugly way into my diet that weekend just out of sheer laziness XD ).

The bummer I'm seeing is parking...we're likely going to have two cars for convenience reasons, and that rate's a little steep..
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

BloodRayne

I have 2 questions.  :P

1. Does anyone know how much the Junior Suites will be costing if we request one?
2. Where is the best place to park if you are rooming at the Marriott? (I know they only do valet parking but, I want to know if there are other places to park with/without pay, valet is a last resort)

ININ

I thought about checking out the rooms at the Fairmont.  Some of my friends stayed there in '08 and '09, and the rooms are fantastic.  I have the chance.  I booked at the Fairmont because Monday night was unavailable at the Marriott T__T  I keep checking the hotel website just in case ^__^

Quote from: BloodRayne on January 18, 2010, 12:57:56 AM

2. Where is the best place to park if you are rooming at the Marriott? (I know they only do valet parking but, I want to know if there are other places to park with/without pay, valet is a last resort)

Park inside convention center garage and on the Marriott side.  You and your roomies can bring your luggages from you car to the Marriott.  The walk is short.  IIFC, I paid $12 per night.

BloodRayne

Quote from: ININ on January 18, 2010, 02:29:06 AM
I thought about checking out the rooms at the Fairmont.  Some of my friends stayed there in '08 and '09, and the rooms are fantastic.  I have the chance.  I booked at the Fairmont because Monday night was unavailable at the Marriott T__T  I keep checking the hotel website just in case ^__^

Park inside convention center garage and on the Marriott side.  You and your roomies can bring your luggages from you car to the Marriott.  The walk is short.  IIFC, I paid $12 per night.

Awesome thanks. :D First time staying in the Marriott and was unaware that they had their own garage too. (Only stayed on the Hilton side) I've booked a double/double room for Friday-Mon. When I looked, it was unavailable for Monday like you said but, is that only for the night? I chose it as my departing day. Just a tad bit confused since it let me choose it.  ???

elley

Quote from: BloodRayne on January 18, 2010, 10:19:53 AM

Awesome thanks. :D First time staying in the Marriott and was unaware that they had their own garage too. (Only stayed on the Hilton side) I've booked a double/double room for Friday-Mon. When I looked, it was unavailable for Monday like you said but, is that only for the night? I chose it as my departing day. Just a tad bit confused since it let me choose it.  ???

Last year, I stayed at the Marriot and used their garage. The regular rate was $25, however, for convention goers the price was halved. So I paid $12.50 per night. It was nice since the valet unpacked the car and sent everything up to our room for us quite quickly.

Touya no Miko

I got a question about the Hilton. You know how they have mini-fridges? I was wondering if you have to request for them or are they already provided, since I didn't see a fridge request option when I booked last night.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

AbsolutelyCursed

I believe each room has a mini fridge already. That's been the case every time I've stayed at the Hilton. No need to request one. Should call the hotel to make sure though.

BloodRayne

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on January 18, 2010, 06:21:08 PM
I believe each room has a mini fridge already. That's been the case every time I've stayed at the Hilton. No need to request one. Should call the hotel to make sure though.

Does the Marriott rooms all have fridges as well? I can't remember seeing that included anywhere.

BloodRayne

Quote from: elley on January 18, 2010, 11:25:56 AM
Quote from: BloodRayne on January 18, 2010, 10:19:53 AM

Last year, I stayed at the Marriot and used their garage. The regular rate was $25, however, for convention goers the price was halved. So I paid $12.50 per night. It was nice since the valet unpacked the car and sent everything up to our room for us quite quickly.

Thanks! That's not so bad, better than paying 20 for parking each day. >_<

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: BloodRayne on January 18, 2010, 10:55:00 PM
Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on January 18, 2010, 06:21:08 PM

Does the Marriott rooms all have fridges as well? I can't remember seeing that included anywhere.

If you look through this thread, you might find your answer.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13093.0.html