2015 Cosplayer Gatherings Department ~ 3/17

Started by BSaphire, January 15, 2010, 11:33:16 AM

BSaphire

Hello Fanime Cosplayers!
I have been working on streamlining the gatherings and events process so it is easier to understand and do. I will also have lots of announcements to tell everyone over the course of the next two months, but for now I need to get caught up so please be patient.

Much love to all!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Angelx624

What? Ok, I'm a little confused. Can't wait to hear the rest! :) So this has to do with the Fanime Theme gathering, then? Cool. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

bahamutknightzero

Got to say that you have caught my interest and cant wait to hear more details

BSaphire

Quote from: Angelx624 on January 15, 2010, 02:45:24 PM
What? Ok, I'm a little confused. Can't wait to hear the rest! :) So this has to do with the Fanime Theme gathering, then? Cool. :D
The "Theme Gathering" is separate from this event, but both will be run by my department.

If someone is in to acting, singing or dance and wanted to show off their talents in front of their Fanime peers then this event would be perfect for them! Of course they should be brave... very brave... cause the Fanime Fans are the ones with the say so on just how good it is :P It isn't about the cosplay costume quality or even if you made it  :o, it is about the "SKILLLLZ! ::)" *giggles I am tempting all of you huh?  ;D

@bahamutknightzero:  :-X Glad I have your interest and I can't wait to tell everyone about it!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Yukari Kaiba

so you do want the gathering organizers to wait to post a time for their respective gatherings until this is approved? I'm just curious, cause usually I like to get a time secured asap.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Avairrianna

My turn to guess! I'm thinking it's more like Karaoke/Masquerade/Game show thing lol!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

BSaphire

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 19, 2010, 11:36:11 AM
so you do want the gathering organizers to wait to post a time for their respective gatherings until this is approved? I'm just curious, cause usually I like to get a time secured asap.
You have nothing to worry about Yukari. ^^)

TO EVERYONE: I know that this may be an slight inconvenience, but to not give the heads up would be a bigger mistake. I have a dozen requests already, but as I have stated... Yukari ~ organizer of the Bleach gathering, BrightHeart ~ organizer of the Naruto gathering, and myself/BSaphire ~ Organizer of both Shonen Jump and Final Fantasy All gatherings will set our times first so that there is space for these large gatherings and those that come to see them. Also, if the Fanime theme gathering (which happens to be "Fantasy RPG" collects those that attend the FF ALL gathering then it will be a back to back large gathering on Saturday along with the Bleach gathering.

Some of you may be asking why so here is perspective as to why...
Take either of my two gatherings:
Shonen Jump had 75 cosplayers attending the gathering in 09 and for each cosplayer there is at least one person in the crowd so that is 150 people in one area. From there you can add another 50 people in photographers and friends which brings it to 200. This takes up quite a bit of room and the area is more congested for a longer period of time.
Final Fantasy ALL has 61 possible cosplayers as of 1/15/2010. I expect 100 + cospeeps in attendance and at least 150 in the crowd.
Bleach and Naruto will have around 100 cospeeps in attendance and the same with the crowd.

So with this large of a group in one area for one or more hours it can congest one side of the fountains. Large 60+ gatherings are held outside because of this. I also want to mention that these large gatherings pull most of the photographers to them because of the large assortment of coplayers so this could cause another gathering to not get as much photo recognition as it could when set at a different time slot.

If any organizer wishes to submit their time request now (via pm) they may, just follow the directions on the third post of the gatherings list thread. Once the large gatherings are listed then I will process the completed requests by day and time submitted so that it is fair.

I also want to mention that if an organizer has someone helping on a different forum (they are running the one on the Fanime forums but the assistant is running the one on the Cosplay . com Fanime section of the forum then please submit their info with yours.

If a submission is incomplete then until it is complete it does not get considered. ie* You send a pm on Friday with your gathering info but forgot the URL's then it isn't complete. I send you a reply and you resubmit it on Monday complete. I then consider Monday to be the day that the complete time submission request was sent to me and not Friday.

@ Avairrianna: :) Hummmm... I like that guess... it could be something like that :P or not *LOL  ;D
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BrightHeart76

Quote from: BSaphire on January 20, 2010, 11:05:49 PM
MidnightRosebud ~ organizer of the Naruto gathering

...sniff...   :'(  When did I stop being the organizer for the Naruto Gathering?  I totally missed that memo.

:P  Yes, I know a typo when I see one...but I had to give you a little bit of grief.  Thank you for the hard work you've been putting in for the Cosplayers this year.  It'll be awesome as always.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eliteslayer

Ah yes, I remember you mentioning this before. I'll make sure my Cosplay Battle event doesn't clash with the timing (my gathering shouldn't interfere, given it's on friday evening). Looking forward to it!
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on January 21, 2010, 06:34:54 PM
Quote from: BSaphire on January 20, 2010, 11:05:49 PM
BrightHeart ~ organizer of the Naruto gathering

...sniff...   :'(  When did I stop being the organizer for the Naruto Gathering?  I totally missed that memo.

:P  Yes, I know a typo when I see one...but I had to give you a little bit of grief.  Thank you for the hard work you've been putting in for the Cosplayers this year.  It'll be awesome as always.
:o Oh MY GOSH! SORRY... I fixed that... You are both awesome people and I put the wrong name. Fixed another typo/spelling error too. Your welcome  :) I hope I come back from the meeting this weekend with announcement on this event *crosses fingers* Then I can start doing some pre-reg for the event ^^)

@ Eliteslayer: If this is really successful I hope to have one of the preliminary shows Friday evening. Going with Sunday and Saturday first though. Max #'s we have planned are: 4 preliminary shows of no more than 15 entries each preliminary with 4 judges each preliminary (60 total entries and 12 judges) and then a final show where the preliminary winners compete against each other on Sunday.

As a teaser I want to throw out this bit of info:  If this event is a go... it is a great way to test out your skit for Cosplay Masq, extra singing practice for your Karaoke competition, or a place to show of your mad dance skills, just to name a few... the catch is that it is in front of the audience who will say if you have what it takes to impress them. The audience will be able to greatly help the judges in determining if your awesome or if your one of those that needs to get off the stage. Like I said before... bring your best game and let the Fanime fans decide.
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Quote from: BSaphire on January 22, 2010, 07:58:00 AM

@ Eliteslayer: If this is really successful I hope to have one of the preliminary shows Friday evening. Going with Sunday and Saturday first though. Max #'s we have planned are: 4 preliminary shows of no more than 15 entries each preliminary with 4 judges each preliminary (60 total entries and 12 judges) and then a final show where the preliminary winners compete against each other on Sunday.

Ah, alrighty. Well then, I'll make sure my gathering and event don't clash with the timing either way.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

K&K4ever

Um, I'm organizing five gatherings, I guess I still need to get most of them in a PM to you huh? ^^;

OK, give me a second . . .
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Angelx624

Quote from: BSaphire on January 15, 2010, 05:24:42 PM
Quote from: Angelx624 on January 15, 2010, 02:45:24 PM
The "Theme Gathering" is separate from this event, but both will be run by my department.

If someone is in to acting, singing or dance and wanted to show off their talents in front of their Fanime peers then this event would be perfect for them! Of course they should be brave... very brave... cause the Fanime Fans are the ones with the say so on just how good it is :P It isn't about the cosplay costume quality or even if you made it  :o, it is about the "SKILLLLZ! ::)" *giggles I am tempting all of you huh?  ;D

@bahamutknightzero:  :-X Glad I have your interest and I can't wait to tell everyone about it!

Oooh cool! :D I shall have no problem with this. I am definately interested, then! :D I'll have three dances prepared for Fanime! ^^ And no, they're not Haruhi dances. =P The 3 I'm talking about, I still have to learn them, sorta! XD I might try singing, too. ^^;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

BrightHeart76

Any news?  I'm all excited to see what will happen with this.   :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Angelx624

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 02, 2010, 07:53:41 PM
Any news?  I'm all excited to see what will happen with this.   :)
Same. =O I wanna know more about this. >3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

BSaphire

So the big news is..... *sigh.... I didn't get the answers I needed to launch... but Sara and I are working on it.... Feel like I'm at a dance and my partner keeps changing....

Anyway... Peeps can submit their time requests via pm if they feel they can't hold out ... The next meeting is Feb 20th, but I hope to have this resolved way before then! I did do a list of those time submission requests that are complete and a second list of those that still require info. You can find it on post #4 on the Gatherings and Events List Thread.

Thank you everyone for your support and patients. :) Sara and I deeply appreciate it!

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

maikiritori

Now that I have somewhat reliable internets, I would like to add my two cents...

I'm so glad to see you all looking forward to this event (if it gets launched). I promise that you won't be disappointed by our little master plan of awesome-ness-ness-ness. It will be amazingly fun to watch and to participate in. But, B is correct in her dance analogy. We're dancing to a different beat at every new turn with new partners at every other new turn. It's rather frustrating. But I feel that we're making progress. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for us to be able to finally announce it... officially... =D
Anyway, sorry if our little master plan is inconveniencing to any of you.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Fanime very soon.

Sara
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009