Revenge of the Lolita Fashion Show and Panel - 2010!

Started by HelloDolly, January 17, 2010, 04:37:00 PM

jobiberry

O and I'm definatly willing to help with anything if possible!  Let me know you need a worker bee :)
Maybe I can dress Jerry up in Kodona^^  heehee
Fanime 2013 cosplay~

*Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn- Friday and Saturday
*Marceline the Vampire Queen- Saturday
*Briar Rose- Sleeping Beauty peasant version- Sunday
*Super Sailor Venus-  Sunday or Monday

j9isawesome

Hey boys and girls, just wanted to let everyone know that our panel will be from 6pm-7pm on Sunday in Panels 1, Mariott Salons I & II. We've got a lot of fun stuff planned so far and we hope everyone will have a chance to come check us out. Of course we're really excited about the fashion show and are still looking for models.

We still have at least one spot available for each of the following:
Sweet, Gothic, Classic, Punk, Pirate, Hime, Sailor, Kodona, Aristocrat and Guro.

We're looking for people who are-
*18 or older
*Reliable, please don't volunteer if you're not sure you can make it and if you do volunteer but need to drop out please let us know ASAP so we can fill your spot.
*Free from 5pm-7pm (for the hour long show and an hour of prep before hand)
*Have your own wardrobe (we'll look into pairing up models with borrowed clothes later on if needed, please do not volunteer at this time if you do not have your own outfit)
*Willing to give your real name and cell phone # over PM or email after you've been confirmed so we will have a way to get a hold of you on the day of the event, just in case.

If you'd like to model please respond here or send me a PM with the following info:
#1: Substyle(s) you'd like to wear
#2: Outfit(s) you'd like to wear. Please include a link to the main parts of your outfit.
*You'd more than welcome to volunteer for more than one substyle or outfit, the more the better so we can match everyone up with the perfect open slot for them. :)
*Offbrand and homemade items are more than welcomed, even encouraged but please keep in mind that we can only include the best of the best. So make sure you're outfits are well made and true to the lolita image.
Formerly known as Felicity869

j9isawesome

Quote from: jobiberry on April 11, 2010, 04:57:19 PM
I'm able to model again this year if you need me~
I have gothic, casual, sweet, pirate, and more lol
I was steampunk last time.  ANd this time I will be able to be punctual since I don't have to depend on anyone else to drive me-lol!!! (yesssss!)
We're going to use you for sure but since you have so many different substyles you could wear I think we'll hold off a bit before pinning you down to one so we can see which ones we don't get volunteers for. :) Thanks for your help!

k.worthley

Does this coincide with the LM.C concert? Even if it does, I can still try and donate my gothic lolita outfit and head dress, as well as the shoes that go with it.
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

j9isawesome

Quote from: k.worthley on April 30, 2010, 08:53:53 AM
Does this coincide with the LM.C concert? Even if it does, I can still try and donate my gothic lolita outfit and head dress, as well as the shoes that go with it.

Does it? I searched all over and I can't find an actual time listed for MusicFest or any info on if there will be any opening bands or if LM.C are the only ones playing. The closest I could find was a vague statement that it will probably overlap with the Black & White Ball at somepoint. . The Black & White Ball goes from 6pm-10pm. I'm hoping that those that want to attend both the lolita fashion show & panel and the Black & White Ball won't mind going to the ball from 7pm-10pm. I understand there are a lot of great events taking place at Fanime this year and choosing your favorite can be hard but all we can do is make sure we don't go on as any other lolita events and do our best to make sure that everyone who does come has a good time. :) If I'm blind and there is info out now about what time LM.C is going on please point me to it, thanks.

Jerry

Decisions, Decisions... between being a rover and now i think my girlfriend is interested in helping out this event as well along with B&W Ball with LM.C  im gonna wish i could be in like 5 places at once. :P

J9 - I'll need to get in touch with you so that my gf could ask you questions about how she could help, participate or dress up for your event. I'll be in touch!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

k.worthley

Well depending on the time of the LM.C concert, I'd love to do some modeling. I've got three dresses, though I only think that the gothic lolita one is god enough for the show :)
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

Lizchan33

You know.... I'll see most of you at the picnic I'd love to help out and model.... If you need it :P
I'm trying to go for pirate loli this year. I'll PM if you still need people.

j9isawesome

Quote from: Lizchan33 on May 13, 2010, 11:03:45 PM
You know.... I'll see most of you at the picnic I'd love to help out and model.... If you need it :P
I'm trying to go for pirate loli this year. I'll PM if you still need people.
I saw your ideas for your pirate loli dress on LJ and it looks super cute. We already have 2 pirate lolis in the show though...

Right now we're all full on the basic substyles like gothic lolita, sweet lolita. What we still need is really good examples of the more obsure substyles- punk lolita, guro lolita, kodona, and aristrocrat (1 male,1 female). If anyone has outfits that they think would work for any of those let me know here or send me a PM.

I also have a steampunk lolita outfit: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4341328487_c545d33443.jpg that I might be willing to let someone borrow for the show.

Lizchan33

Awwww that's too bad... I might have a Kodona I can pull off.... I'll keep you posted :P
I've wanted to do punk but I'm just skilled enough I think...

j9isawesome

[b]Update: we had a couple people drop out, so now more substyles are open. We're now looking into pairing up models with borrowed outfits[/b]. :)

We're looking for people who are:
*18 or older
*Reliable, please don't volunteer if you're not sure you can make it and if you do volunteer but need to drop out please let us know ASAP so we can fill your spot.
*Free from 5pm-7pm (for the hour long show and an hour of prep before hand)
*Willing to give your real name and cell phone # over PM or email after you've been confirmed so we will have a way to get a hold of you on the day of the event, just in case.
*Don't worry if you've never modeled before or if this is your first fashion show. No experience required, this is just for fun. :)

If you'd like to model please respond here or send me a PM with the following info:
#1: Substyle(s) you'd like to wear
#2: Outfit(s) you'd like to wear. Please include a link to the main parts of your outfit- brand's images, your own personal photos, polyvore collages or even poupee girl pages are all fine.
*You're more than welcome to volunteer for more than one substyle or show multiple outfits, the more the better so we can match everyone up with the perfect open slot for them. :)
*Offbrand and homemade items are more than welcomed, even encouraged but please keep in mind that we can only include the best of the best. So make sure you're outfits are well made and true to the lolita image.

We are still looking for someone to represent the following substyles:
*Punk Lolita
*Kodona
*Aristocrat (feminine style)
*Aristocrat (masculine style)
*Kuro (all black) & Shiro (all white) set
*Guro Lolita
*Steampunk Lolita

We're also looking for clothes to borrow for the show:
*Please let me know if you think you have good examples of outfits for any of the above substyles that you'd like to loan someone, we have girls that would like to model that do not own their own lolita clothes.
*I'm speciifically looking for a BTSSB all white dress to match my black one because I have everything else needed to make a matching Shiro outfit, something like these: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3626/4609364779_514a750a61.jpg

If you are interested in being a model but don't own your own lolita clothes:
If we get more people offering clothes to borrow I'll be sure to post here which substyles and sizes they are. If you know for sure that you want to be in the show and that the outfit listed will fit you please let me know and we'll do our best to match volunteers up with clothes. So far I have to offer for loan:
*Steampunk Lolita outfit: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4341328487_c545d33443.jpg
 -I have new cute brown clockwork print socks to go with it now, as well as a couple different hair accessories not pictured.
 -Max bust:37 inches, Max waist: 29 inches- can fit much smaller as well because of elastic in the back of the waist cincher and adjustable bow in back back of skirt
*Kuro (all black) outfit: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4288545937_8c4c9ebcdb.jpg
 -Same dress, different blouse & socks. Also would include black parasol
 -Max bust around 42 inches, waist is free sized. Can fit pretty much any size smaller than that as well because of shirring in the bust, waist ties in the back and corset lacing in the front.

Reira-hime

I can make it on Sunday.  I'm very interested in modelling for your show, however do not own lolita clothing of my own.  *sending PM*

Reira-hime

I am wondering if you are still in search of models?

j9isawesome

Quote from: Reira-hime on May 20, 2010, 06:36:15 PM
I am wondering if you are still in search of models?
I just sent you a PM but just so everyone knows-

We are still looking for models but only for-
*Punk Lolita
*Kodona
*Male Aristocrat
*Kuro
*Steampunk Lolita

And as far as models who would need to borrow outfits, we only have Kuro & Steampunk Lolita outfits to loan out.

j9isawesome

Thanks for everyone that's been PMing me to join in the show but we're all full now on models. I hope everyone that can't be in the show comes and watches. It'll be a lot of fun! :)

HelloDolly

Thank you EVERYONE for coming and a special thanks to my models and host for making this panel INCREDIBLE. We were packed! I can't wait to see you all next year =D

milkychu

It was my first time attending, and I just have to say I loved it all! Especially the fashion of lolitas. Can't wait till next year!
♥ FANIME 2010 PICTURES ♥
http://artemis6.deviantart.com/•
♥FANIME Lolita PANEL♥
http://www.youtube.com/user/connie4790◘

Nina Star 9

It was a lot of fun, but I wish we had a bigger room. I wanted to see the panel itself! (I still had fun outside, though. I got a chance to perfect my zombie walk, haha <3)

j9isawesome

Thanks to everyone that came to watch the show. We maxed out our room and had people event standing in the back to watch! I hope you all had a good time and thanks for being good sports and putting up with our technical difficulties at the beginning.

Thank you so so much to all of my amazing models! You guys were so understanding and flexible as things kept changing on us. Lots of luv to each and everyone one of you. <3

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 01, 2010, 12:20:42 PM
It was a lot of fun, but I wish we had a bigger room. I wanted to see the panel itself! (I still had fun outside, though. I got a chance to perfect my zombie walk, haha <3)
Your zombie walk was hilarious, the crowd loved it!

I've heard so many times at the panel and since then that we should have had a bigger room, so let me explain- We were meant to be in a larger room because we knew we were going to draw in a large crowd and I really wanted all of my lovely models to be able to sit and watch the show. Problem was there was a bit of miscommunication and we originally got scheduled to go on at 4pm on Saturday. Well that wasn't going to work seeing as how myself and half of my models were at Fantaisies dans le Monde des Rêves (the big lolita event at the Fairmont) until 6pm or later that day. So fanime staff was nice enough to move us to a different time slot that worked for everyone but that came at the price of it being in a smaller room.

j9isawesome

My pictures from the panel~ http://j9isawesome.livejournal.com/157421.html

I saw so many camera in the audience. Does anyone else have videos or pictures that they'd like to share? I'd love to see them. :)