Attendees at Day Zero (A False Start)

Started by N.E.R.V.agent220, January 18, 2010, 12:55:25 AM

Jelly Soup

I always liked Day Zero. Gives me a chance to relax before everything kicks and. Plus, most of the more annoying con-goers haven't shown up yet.

Angelx624

Yesh, Day 0s of cons are usually relaxing. :3 Hence why I wanna get my badge on a day where it's not so crowded. >w<;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

michiko nakano

i've heard people say that thursday is day zero, and that friday is day zero... which is true?

Jerry

Thursday is "Day Zero"

Friday is the start of the Convention because of "opening ceremonies" - it would be kind of odd to have opening ceremonies on "Day Zero"

you dont start counting [techincally] at zero.  :P

you start counting at one, two, three,... ha ha ha! [imitates the count]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 05, 2010, 03:21:48 PM
i've heard people say that thursday is day zero, and that friday is day zero... which is true?
Thursday is Day 0 but I reccommend not to go because I am a guy of intergrity and follow con tradition and go Friday. Now you have two choices, On Thursday you could pick up your badge early, go to the swap meet and leave the convention area till the following day so the people *INVOLVED* in the con can do their jobs or you could follow what these other posters mention and that's stay that extra night (Thursday) to relax, get the costume ready and a night to go over your gameplan for the 4 day weekend.
I am still not in favor of Day 0 because why pay an extra rate for the room where you can use that rate money and have extra spendings for the con weekend. There is that one day which is Friday(weekday) to decide weather to prioritize that day and get things out of the way first such as school or work before a weekend of excitement or FML and try to talk your way out of it. 

Jerry

Hey, Day zero was technically instigated on both sides [ Fans & staff ] so its nothing to get excited about.  :)

Fanime Staff actually encourages [withing sanity's reasoning] to come to the Convention for Events open to everyone [that may or may not require a badge] - pick up your badge and enjoy anything that we have the ability to open up.

Why else would events and things like Swap meet,  Stage Zero, table top/E-gaming, and possibly even things like Dance or Video rooms might be up and running?

It's down the individual's choice if they want to room [or some cases beat the rush from being out of town, state, or even country] to drive/ fly in and avoid the crowds, the ease of checking in early is worth the cost of an extra night.

now I understand that students, of all ages [and for a fact those who need to graduate] should keep in mind of what their "priorities" should be- with that said, I doubt that Fanime Staff will disperse people who want to hang out at a convention just because its a day early and we're already giving out badges and holding events.

To each is own, but you really be encouraging people having fun [ withing reason ] instead of telling people not to come a day early because they want to. Otherwise why would staff start giving out badges on Thursday evening?

michiko nakano

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on March 05, 2010, 04:17:39 PM
Quote from: michiko nakano on March 05, 2010, 03:21:48 PM
Thursday is Day 0 but I reccommend not to go because I am a guy of intergrity and follow con tradition and go Friday. Now you have two choices, On Thursday you could pick up your badge early, go to the swap meet and leave the convention area till the following day so the people *INVOLVED* in the con can do their jobs or you could follow what these other posters mention and that's stay that extra night (Thursday) to relax, get the costume ready and a night to go over your gameplan for the 4 day weekend.
I am still not in favor of Day 0 because why pay an extra rate for the room where you can use that rate money and have extra spendings for the con weekend. There is that one day which is Friday(weekday) to decide weather to prioritize that day and get things out of the way first such as school or work before a weekend of excitement or FML and try to talk your way out of it. 
:) thanks for the info but i've had my fanime planned out for months now.  i'm going on thursday specifically to "bother" the "people *INVOLVED* in the con doing their jobs," specifically Jerry.  then i can get my badge early and not have to worry about the crazy friday lines. 

Jerry

Jelly Soup

Day Zero game room is the best game room, as there are no lines and annoying jackasses who breath their fanboy stink down your back cause you're playing when they aren't.

Mod Edit: don't swear...
User Edit: Show me the rule that says I can't.
Mod: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10590.msg278434.html#msg278434
User Edit: I noticed you also didn't edit out my swears when you linked the rules, so I'm guessing you don't have a problem with it. Kinda takes the sting out of the rule, eh?

michiko nakano

Quote from: Jerry on March 05, 2010, 04:50:26 PM

lol i didn't mean for that to sound like i'm using you... i meant that i'm going to get my badge thursday evening instead of friday morning, and spend time hanging out with Jerry thursday.

Angelx624

Yes, the reason why I want to go to Day 0 is so I can get my badge early to avoid Friday crowds. ;D

Also so I can relieve some of my excitement and start relaxing and having fun. :3 Also since it'll be my first time going, I'll wanna know where everything is. :D So I wanna take a look around so I don't get so lost the next day, when the con actually starts. ^^;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

michiko nakano

Quote from: Angelx624 on March 05, 2010, 11:34:21 PM
Yes, the reason why I want to go to Day 0 is so I can get my badge early to avoid Friday crowds. ;D

Also so I can relieve some of my excitement and start relaxing and having fun. :3 Also since it'll be my first time going, I'll wanna know where everything is. :D So I wanna take a look around so I don't get so lost the next day, when the con actually starts. ^^;

kudos!

Jerry

Quote from: Angelx624 on March 05, 2010, 11:34:21 PM

if you need a tour guide or need to have your questions answered now, feel free to post them here- :)

thats what were here for! :D

michiko nakano

is this guy even part of the staff?  really dude... don't speak for the staff.  they do soooo much for us, you don't get to just dictate the con attendees and change up the rules. 

Day 0 is a legit day, lots of stuff happen.  Why would you want to eliminate a day of fanime anyways?  usually people want to ADD days... militarily speaking, Normandy was invaded on "day 0" (pretty much the same thing as d-day, since the day after is d-1, just as friday is day 1, unless my history is incorrect) so lets let the staff tell us what to do... and if you wanna argue about it, find me on Thursday hanging out in the con  ;)
Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on January 18, 2010, 12:55:25 AM
Why do attendees attend Day Zero when this day is only for the following:
    People who pre-reg want their badges early
    Staffers
    Dealers
    Press
    Guest relations
    Security
    People involved in Swap Meet
The actual day the con starts is Friday morning around 10 AM, Can an attendee hold till then... Day Zero should only pertain to the list above and I still say that Attendees should follow con tradition and start the fun Friday going into Monday.
There should be a rule change about attendees at day zero because the true events don't start till days 1, 2, 3, 4      

michiko nakano

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on March 05, 2010, 04:17:39 PM
Thursday is Day 0 but I reccommend not to go because I am a guy of intergrity and follow con tradition and go Friday. I am still not in favor of Day 0 because why pay an extra rate for the room where you can use that rate money and have extra spendings for the con weekend. 
you know what, forget my last post.  nervagent, just don't come on thursday.  and don't be so concerned with the fact that people come on thursday.  your con traditions may dictate that you must not come until friday, but mine dictate that i go thursday.

Jerry

again i think staff is perfectly fine with people coming in for "productive" reasons on Day Zero.

its the staff themselves that set up extra early and have things like - Video, [Pre reg only] badge pick up, Stage Zero, Gaming and even a few extra surprises for all those able to properly able to attend:
[we dont encourage playing hooky from work, school, exams, responsibilities etc]

So let NERVagent220 has his opinions - and so do I - and say

Agents [All fanime fans alike] are

Fanboy & FanGirl Experiences may vary. :D

Steve.Young

I think I just had a *facepalm* moment.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Quote from: Steve.Young on April 08, 2010, 01:29:55 PM
I think I just had a *facepalm* moment.

Just be glad i didnt photo shop the images, and make it seem like Tony was giving the GO! and us rovers were ready to jump in and save the day. :P

Dany

At this point, I plan on coming for Day Zero, and even that, I'll probably only come long enough to get our badges and get my bearings and then go home. I figure I'll have plenty of convention time Friday to Monday, and I'll probably need Thursday to make sure everything is in order.

I'll be cosplaying an uncosplayed person. XD 
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Jelly Soup

I plan on getting our hotel room in order and wandering the concourse while my group leader gets out badges. It's rather relaxing to see the area with only a hundred or so people scattered about.