Attendees at Day Zero (A False Start)

Started by N.E.R.V.agent220, January 18, 2010, 12:55:25 AM

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: Jerry on April 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
again i think staff is perfectly fine with people coming in for "productive" reasons on Day Zero.

its the staff themselves that set up extra early and have things like - Video, [Pre reg only] badge pick up, Stage Zero, Gaming and even a few extra surprises for all those able to properly able to attend:
[we dont encourage playing hooky from work, school, exams, responsibilities etc]

So let NERVagent220 has his opinions - and so do I - and say

Agents [All fanime fans alike] are

Fanboy & FanGirl Experiences may vary. :D

That's right Jerry playing hooky on Thursday is like saying "I don't have a real life so I decided to false start the convention. ADDICTIONS, ADDICTIONS, ADDICTIONS. Time to call in the cavalry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_Teufv6cU&feature=related

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Jelly Soup on April 08, 2010, 02:25:30 PM
I plan on getting our hotel room in order and wandering the concourse while my group leader gets out badges. It's rather relaxing to see the area with only a hundred or so people scattered about.

This. Except I am the leader. I have a hotel room all to myself, and it will be a welcome break from grad school stuff.

I love the calm before the Fanime.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Zero_Kirby

G-Force

Day 0 rocks cause you get a huge chunk of line waiting out of the way. By far registration has the largest line in the con and to wait all while con events are going around you really drives up your anxiousness and makes you impatient. When you're at Day 0 pretty much there's nothing really huge going on so you can just snag your badge and just relax with con attendees.

Also you're not considering the people who fly or drive long distances. If people want to experience Day 1 right from the get-go they're either going to have to catch super early flights or leave their homes at super early hours and then wait in the long registration line.

Moonblossom

Quote from: G-Force on April 12, 2010, 10:02:52 AM
Also you're not considering the people who fly or drive long distances. If people want to experience Day 1 right from the get-go they're either going to have to catch super early flights or leave their homes at super early hours and then wait in the long registration line.

Even leaving very early in the morning isn't enough for some of us - if I make it to Fanime this year, I'm going to have to leave my house at 5:00 am on Thursday morning to get there in time for dinner on Thursday and give me some time to relax.

Jelly Soup

Thankfully, I only live a little over an hour away from SJ. Part of my group plans on getting there around noon on Thursday, but we'll see how it goes. Our group leader also made our room reservations, so we can't get our rooms until she shows up and we're not sure when that will be.

Wild Dog

I'll be flying in at about 11am. So what time does Day 0 begin? 5PM with the opening of pre-reg, or are there other events to keep yourself entertained with before you get your badge?

Angelx624

Well, now there's a better chance of me going to Day 0. ;D Just gotta find out if my roommates are going, as well. ^^ If they are then we'll be there. :3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

iomoon

Quote from: ewu on January 18, 2010, 01:33:31 PM

FanimeCon now open Day Minus-One.
Attractions to look forward to feature the wide swaths of the public lower concourse offering a vending machine and an ATM for your pleasure. We have also negotiated a lucrative contract with the Starbucks (which may now be a Peets?) to operate during their normal business hours. Attendees, please come early so that you may enjoy absolutely nothing at all......Bonus: if you get in the way of the decorators and Fan Services setting up Registration or Exhibit Halls, you will receive a generous helping of A$$ kicking, served up by yours truly.

OMG... I accidently did that once for a science convention in the same building. The ballroom was completely empty save for the janitor and I thought "my... what a horrible turnout!"

This'll be my first time going to day zero. I want to hang out with the other pre-regs. ;)

Angelx624

Ok, so my plans with who I'm staying with changed, but I know now that I will be at Day 0!!! :D So I'll see you guys there!! ;)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Jelly Soup

Looks like I will be riding up in the evening with my group leader (who is then planning to drive to Sonoma to get other friends 0_o).

Angelx624

Lol, I have a final on Thursday it seems, though. But that's at noon! XD So afterwards I'll come home to put on my cosplay and get all my things together then will be heading to San Jose!! Gaaaaaaah. *excited* >w<
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Yukari Kaiba

my last final is the day before Day Zero so I'll finally be able to go! Unfortunately my hotel room isn't until Friday, but one of my friends got a room for just Thursday night at the Hilton (where I'm staying anyways) so I'll just have to transfer my stuff to another room :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Jelly Soup

My last final is in about six hours, so I think I'll be set for Fanime with plenty of time to spare.

ewu

My last final is on the 20th.....but then I'm staff and have lots of pre-con duties....FML
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

mariotheotaku

Quote from: ewu on May 11, 2010, 07:30:01 AM
My last final is on the 20th.....but then I'm staff and have lots of pre-con duties....FML

With great power comes great responsibility, lol. I'll be attending Day Zero as well, my plane lands around 11:00am on Thursday so that gives me plenty of time to check-in into the Fairmont (check-in is supposed to be at 3:00pm so im not sure if I can check-in earlier, can anyone shed some light into it?) and find out where the con is and everything in between.

Angelx624

Well I'm actually not sure now if I have a final on Thursday or not. o_O It'd be for my Drama class and so far our teacher has not mentioned it. xO And he said we're doing our "final stuff" next week, I think. o.o Soo I might not have one Thursday. XD Whee more time to sleep in and get ready for Fanime!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Jelly Soup

Quote from: mariotheotaku on May 11, 2010, 12:19:32 PM
Quote from: ewu on May 11, 2010, 07:30:01 AM

With great power comes great responsibility, lol. I'll be attending Day Zero as well, my plane lands around 11:00am on Thursday so that gives me plenty of time to check-in into the Fairmont (check-in is supposed to be at 3:00pm so im not sure if I can check-in earlier, can anyone shed some light into it?) and find out where the con is and everything in between.

I find that most of the convention hotels are fine with early check in, provided it's not something a full day early.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 10, 2010, 11:51:10 AM
Looks like I will be riding up in the evening with my group leader (who is then planning to drive to Sonoma to get other friends 0_o).

That's right. It's more like in the morning now. Early in the morning. xD

I've checked in early before on the day of Fanime and they're okay as long they have rooms empty and clean by then. I know I'll be up at Day 0 as usual. More time to relax from all the driving I'm going through. Haha...

Sora

I find that coming in on day 0 saves waiting in time on friday for a badge and wastes less con time. Plus, last minute preparations might need doing.
"Don't give me any orders."