College Anime Clubs Panel, any interest?

Started by Enkai, January 19, 2010, 08:12:04 AM

Enkai

I've been toying off and on for the past year and a half with organizing a panel all about anime clubs at the college and university level.   Do you think that there would be enough interest in this to be worth the effort?  Also, if I was to go through with it, what sort of things would you like to see?

Kaori

Hey!

I'm a part of the UC Davis Anime Club and I think this would be an awesome idea! We are planning on having an artist alley booth for our anime club with our artists, panels and such, so we're going to be pretty active.

I don't know how many people would be interested (How many college-bound high school seniors are at Fanime?) but we would love to help with information you could possibly need. Let the incoming students know what they have. XD

-kaori/Ariel
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

math4origami

I would love this sort of panel.  I'd be interested in seeing what are cool and creative ideas for club events to host. 

kagome437

i'd personally love to see what college anime clubs are like. ;D maybe give me some ideas on what college to go too.

gwhsanimeclub

think you can expand it to high school anime clubs as well? a portion of my school's anime club will be going

Kaori

Quote from: kagome437 on February 22, 2010, 05:28:25 PM
i'd personally love to see what college anime clubs are like. ;D maybe give me some ideas on what college to go too.

:) Davis Anime Club will be having an Artist Alley booth if all goes well, so please look us up if you have a chance :) We can give you tons of advice on college stuff XD
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

clawmaster

I have always pictures an anime club in college was like genshiken. (an anime about an anime club in college. highly suggest you check that anime out ^^b) but as far as my experience with the anime club over at my college it has been pretty fun. jokes seem to be more perverted, and more organized. kinda reminds me of my high school anime club. I think the real answer to what is it like in college well, depends on who is in your club, is your club members organized, lazy, or whatever, and more mature and perverted lol. it would be a bit interesting if there was a panel of it.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

kohana ichibana

I would love to see this, I'm the Vice President at the Anime club in The Art Institute of California-San Francisco. The president of the club will be with me as well. I think it'll be a great idea for new ideas for things to do in all the existing college anime clubs.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Amrein

Hey guys,
I've just received an email invitation to join the online courses at Rowan College at Gloucester County. They organize anime conventions, don't they? Does anyone here have experience with the college anime club? Or perhaps Kotoricon participants here? I'm a high school student and I look for the best college for an anime enthusiast like me.

Amrein

QuoteHey guys,
I've just received an email invitation to join the online courses at Rowan College at Gloucester County. They organize anime conventions, don't they? Does anyone here have experience with the college anime club and can do my essay for me please? Or perhaps Kotoricon participants here? I'm a high school student and I look for the best college for an anime enthusiast like me.

Just found the reference: https://www.nj.com/news/2020/01/rowans-japanese-anime-guild-holds-kotoricon-2020.html