Live Action Evangelion

Started by KyraEnsui, January 16, 2004, 07:54:03 PM

KyraEnsui

Oh gosh. Have you guys seen this yet?! Even though I have not seen the anime, but look at the production sketches!

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16790

KinFreon

I like Rei's butt and I cannot lie
You Eva fans can't deny...

...ah, forget it...

Seriously...the high-rises sticking out of the water in the flooded city eerily resemble the modern high-rise apartments in the suburbs of Vancouver, Canada. But then Vancouver has established itself as a "Hollywood North" in many aspects of film production; while also being known as a thriving city housing many business specializing in North American anime localization.

Nephilim

i could imagine Evangelion in CG, but live action is just wrong. ._.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Suspicious

It looks cool so far though.  If they pull it off well, it has great potential.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

KinFreon

I just had the scariest vision...Hillary Duff as Soryu Asuka Langley. >_<

Of course I have a buddy of mine who's a big fanboy of Hillary Duff, and seeing her in the plugsuit would...ooh, another scary vision. >_<

Yes, Tama...sometimes I even scare myself. ^_~

Nephilim

i hope to god they don't change Asuka's name to "Kate Rose." >.<

anyhow, whoever plays Rei Ayanami just doesn't know how much they will be the target of either over-the-top stalker love or extreme fanboy hatred.^^;

but, can you imagine the casting? i can't imagine who they will get... people with pores and stuff. . . it all seems so wrong. ;_;

RyuHayabusa

heh..read this month's anime insider for the imagined casting call. I've seen the productions and it looks really cool :D I'm for one, supportive of it :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

KinFreon

From The Office Of Hanamaru Casting & Talent...

Kin Freon's Scary Live Action Evangelion IMAGINED Casting Of The Day!

For the role of Ritsuko Akagi, I cast...

Kylie Minogue!!! XD *LOL*

swordofthebezerk

OMG they better not destroy evangelion. If they do I don't know what I will do you know what im saying.

Updated Version

GokuMew2

The sketches look cool but I'm a bit worried about "Ray" and "Kate Rose." .@_@;
The EVA looks like they'll be pretty cool, though.

EDIT: Oh yay! That was my 200th post! =.D
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

KinFreon

Quote from: "swordofthebezerk"OMG they better not destroy evangelion. If they do I don't know what I will do you know what im saying.

I know what you're saying. It's just that the government better not know what you're saying. You know what I'm saying?

Nephilim

how's Drew Barrymore as Asuka, Cameron Diaz (with dyed hair) as Rei, and Lucy Liu as Shinji? ^^;

KinFreon

From The Office Of Hanamaru Casting & Talent...

Kin Freon's Scary Live Action Evangelion IMAGINED Casting Of The Day!

For the role of Misato Katsuragi (and I'm sure Sword will kill me for this XD), I cast...

Beyoncé Knowles!!! XD *LOL*

Yeah, Sword...you'd want the Dancing Misato Icon of THAT, wouldn'cha!!? XD *LOL*

swordofthebezerk

You are correct sir!!! Beyonce eh? I wouldn't mind... if she plays the part well. But I think that Shinji should be played by Elija woods LOL just kidding.

Updated Version

KinFreon

I'll save the casting decision for Shinji for another day. ^_~

frumpy

I hope you guys realize which studio is creating the special effects and whatnot. I couldn't be more happier!
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Nephilim

does ADV films have part in this? o.o

Glitch

I remembering rushing out to buy newtype magazine back in july when I first heard they had pics for the eva movie.
Reading about the director of eva's enthusiasm toward this project,made me want to see this when it comes out.

*Ebert & roeper theme music plays.*
"On todays Glitchbert & roeper[anybody that wants to be their own version of roeper join in.^^] I chose martin sheen for best supporting actor.In his great role of gendo ikari.It would be a shame for the academy to overlook sheen's absolutely brilliant work as the head a-hole of Nerv." :p

Charming_Dorian

...one popular rumor I hear frequently is Daniel Radcliffe for Shinji *ponders*

As cool as this would be (a live action eva movie)...I dont really want it to happen :-/

Chloe

They can't do this to us! >.<
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!