what was your favorite anime as a kid

Started by vampirenight666, January 21, 2010, 02:34:26 PM

Death_Note_Matt

Monster Rancher HAHAHAH!
Lets see hmm..Fushigi Yuugi, Dragon Ball and Z, Tenchi Muyo, Sailor moon, Astro Boy : D
Another Player has Entered the Game

Shushilover

Shinsengumi

Quote from: Jerry on January 22, 2010, 09:14:32 AM
trying something older like:

robotech [usa] macross,  voltron, kimba the white lion, speed racer,  G1 transformers, Tekkaman Blade, Ronin Warriors... etc.

and other good live action like :

Gojira [Godzilla] , Ultraman,  G1 Power rangers.

I'm sure thats somewhat before these "kids" time. :P

Same here dude. That's how I started. :)
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

ELDEMONIO

Let's see.>.>
I'll just post the ones from liek 10 years ago.

Pokemon
DBZ
Escaflowne ( the reason I got into anime)
Digimon

yeah, I didn't have satelite or cable back then so I only watched what I could on FOX or other local.

Paspy

Time Line:

Doraemon
Pokemon
Card Captor Sakura
Chobits (as 15 years old)

prototypem

bentoboxbobby

Space Cruiser Yamato.

I don't know if it counts as true anime, but Transformers.

Bobby
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

ultrazyn

im still a kid

but i got into anime when dragon ball z was on toonami after school

freeza saga >.>  took like 3 years but i loved it

Eeri-chan

Cardcaptor Sakura without a doubt. It was the first anime I really got into. I eventually got into Gundam Wing, but that was in my early teen years, not so much my childhood. CCS was on when I was a pre-teen I think. I watched it on the Kids WB, before I discovered it in the original Japanese which is the way it should be. I cringe now whenever I hear the English. heh heh.

vash9898

Dragon Ball (Z)
Bubble Gum Crisis
Trigun
Pokemon

AngelWings

How it evolved
Dragon Ball (no z)
Pokemon/Digimon
Lupan III/SailorMoon/Escaflowne/Orphen
Bastard/ShamanicPrincess/VampirePrincessMiyu/Berserk/VampireHunterD/PetShopofHorrors/Berserk/DarksideBlues/GhostintheShell(movie)
Too much now to list.

Sora

I wouldn't really say "as a kid", since I got into anime kinda late, but my first ones were Sailor Moon and DBZ, though I didn't know what the word "anime" was until DBZ.
"Don't give me any orders."

r3za1264

When i was a kid, my mom bought totoro and i loved anime since i was 4.

Runewitt

Speed Racer
Evangellion
Pokemon - til around 98
Dirty Pair Flash
Lain
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Nephilim

Captain Tsubasa along with Robotech were the very first anime I watched. Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac) was the first that I really got into. Notable mentions include:

Dragon Ball (not Z)
Ranma 1/2
Virtua Fighter
Slayers (and Slayers Next)
The Vision of Escaflowne
You're Under Arrest
Slam Dunk (loved this so much, Takehiko Inoue is one of my favorite mangakas to this day)
Dr. Slump (Toriyama should stick to comedies)
Doraemon
Magic Knights Rayearth (the first season)
Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X)

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

c2chaos

Gigantor (Tetsujin 8). I woke up around 4 every morning just to watch it on the Sci-fi channel, and then I'd fall asleep in class later on. I was the only kid in my 2nd grade class that knew about it, kind of sad. I'd also watch 8 Man, Ronin Warriors, and G-Force (Gatchaman).

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

koji

I remember watching Lum (Urusei Yatsura) on KTEH.

Otherwise, Love Hina and the AMG! OVAs. <3 WinMX for helping creating my addiction.

LastExile

Sailor Moon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
And everything that was out by Hayao Miyazaki at the time.

AuroraDreamer

Lol
Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Pokemon, and Dragon Ball Z

My cousins were major fans of Sailor Moon and Ranma. So I picked it up from them. I remember when I was little there was a video rental store that had tons of international movies for rent. I grabbed all the Sailor Moon and Ranma 1/2 I could find. They made me put Ranma up because I didn't have an adult with me XD I don't think ranma is that bad, whatever...

Aeredon

Doraemon, The Slayers, Records of Lodoss Wars, The Irresponsible Captain Tyler, Rune Soldier, and Ruins Explorer. <3 Irie(sp?) and Fam.