Stanley Cup Playoffs during Fanime 10

Started by N.E.R.V.agent220, January 21, 2010, 09:59:15 PM

N.E.R.V.agent220

It has been 6 years where San Jose hosted an anime convention (FANIME) and within those years the San Jose Sharks made the playoffs and not one playoff game was held in late May ???. It's another year and we still don't know if it will be deja vu all over again and if it is the same omen year after year that the hockey gods are sensing the otaku's presence in late May then the sharks advancement late in the playoffs heading in the finals has still yet to be determined. This year is going to change the Stanley Cup Playoffs along with Fanime 2010 all in one weekend. "Your thoughts should this happen"     

TC X0 Lt 0X

Downtown San Jose will be even more crowded for the weekend then it usually is?
I honestly don't care really. Hockey is not something I care for at all.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

no offense, but i dont see how anime conventions effect the outcome of the Hockey Playoffs. :P

The Sharks are a solid team [always have been] they just have lame luck with it comes to the playoffs.

Dont blame the anime crowd just because the home team can't win in the post season, thats just silly.  ::)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

SukebeStudios

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: SukebeStudios on January 23, 2010, 04:58:58 AM
Yeah, don't blame Fanime...BLAME AX!
I would be surprised if the Sharks meet the LA Kings(7) in the Stanley Cup Conference Finals and fans from AX came to Fanime wearing a kings jersey. The outcome:

Penalties 78:00:00  Roughing
                           Slashing errr Clawing
                           Tripping
                           Charging

Tony

Somewhat of a tangent, but it's pretty much an understanding that the Shark's street banners will go up around Downtown San Jose if they make it that far - replacing ours.  :P
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Jerry

Quote from: Tony on January 25, 2010, 01:59:42 PM
Somewhat of a tangent, but it's pretty much an understanding that the Shark's street banners will go up around Downtown San Jose if they make it that far - replacing ours.  :P

if anything I vote that at lease one fanime banner is to stay up all year round.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JohnnyAR

They should at least have a couple of banners in front of the convention center.

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: Jerry on January 25, 2010, 02:09:49 PM

if anything I vote that at lease one fanime banner is to stay up all year round.  :D
Quote from: JohnnyAR on January 25, 2010, 05:04:21 PM

They should at least have a couple of banners in front of the convention center.
Now fellas don't worry, year after year the Fanime banners are put up during the week of the convention within the perimeters of the convention center and hotels. The Sharks banners will always be up in the Downtown area and the vicinity of the HP pavilion to represent the team.

tri.thorn

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on January 23, 2010, 10:29:57 AM
Quote from: SukebeStudios on January 23, 2010, 04:58:58 AM
Yeah, don't blame Fanime...BLAME AX!
I would be surprised if the Sharks meet the LA Kings(7) in the Stanley Cup Conference Finals and fans from AX came to Fanime wearing a kings jersey. The outcome:

Penalties 78:00:00  Roughing
                           Slashing errr Clawing
                           Tripping
                           Charging

"twas at a fight and a hockey game broke out"
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.

N.E.R.V.agent220

Eliminating The Dark Omen
Should the San Jose Sharks come into HP Pavilion with a 3-3 series tie against the Blackhawks, the team is attempting to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals and winning the cup for the first time in franchise history. The last time a bay area team won a championship was in 1995 at Super Bowl 29 when the San Francisco 49ers defeated the San Diego Chargers 49-26. It's Saturday May 29, 2010 "Game 7" the sharks come back home only to be approached and invaded by a dark omen known as Fanime. How can the Sharks and Sharks nation overcome this dreadful nightmare and continue the quest for the cup.
Keys To Overcome The Dark Omen:
1. No Butt Sex or Showing the position and movement of butt sex.
I know Jody Shelley is not a Shark anymore but Valerie, stop hating on the Sharks. I know you are a Sacramento Kings fan but don't talk smack if our enforcer is gone. Oh and that pole dance you did at Winter Sac Anime of 08 gimme a break, bad omen. Anyways follow rule # 1

2. Weeaboos could you please act normal I mean having a conversation in japanese amongst your friends when he or she is not a japanese decent is not being funny or entertaining. You are just being silly and lost, having the risk of a bully taking your lunch money away. People who studied and learned japanese uses it when it's the proper moment like being a tourist in Japan, translating dialogue from japanese foreigners along with having a casual conversation with them. It's a dark omen and violators should be handled by The Pedo Bear.  8)

3. If you see a Sharks fan walking the streets of Downtown San Jose don't do anything stupid or get them provoked it will take the fun out of them while you're having fun the entire weekend already. Make small talk should they stop and ask something. Remember if you see the Sharks fans walking the streets or after you had that small conversation this weekend. Don't forget to chant, "LET'S GO SHAARKS" *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*  "LET'S GO SHAARKS" *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* "LET'S GO SHAARKS"

This message was written by the N.E.R.V UN security council. The message does not make the writer a douchebag but to search for assertive otakus who worships ESPN the worldwide leader in sports.

otakuya

Good news, bad news: 0-3 and close to being eliminated this Sunday or anytime before Fanime (again). Hopefully the Sharks could pull off a Flyers. I do love seeing the "Sharks Territory" and Fanimecon banners downtown.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Otakuya on May 22, 2010, 11:22:06 AM
Good news, bad news: 0-3 and close to being eliminated this Sunday or anytime before Fanime (again). Hopefully the Sharks could pull off a Flyers. I do love seeing the "Sharks Territory" and Fanimecon banners downtown.

Talk about getting shut out.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 22, 2010, 01:29:04 PM

Let's think positive karma and attempt to pull off a west coast upset like the Flyers east coast upset.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on May 22, 2010, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 22, 2010, 01:29:04 PM

Let's think positive karma and attempt to pull off a west coast upset like the Flyers east coast upset.

Well I can care less about the Sharks winning. Only benefit for me is that the more games they have the more likely my boss will be at work sense the shop is right next to the HP and we do parking on game days.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

otakuya

Sharks' 2010 season, RIP. Thanks again for another year of hope.

TC X0 Lt 0X

So I can call them Garbage Scrubs now?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 23, 2010, 03:12:44 PM
So I can call them Garbage Scrubs now?
Hey, you take that back The Sharks at least tried their best and they had many opportunities to capitalize but Chicago was a better team their speed and transition breakaway really killed us. This might be Patrick Marleau's final game he will be a free agent after this season so let's just remember #12's career as a Shark for a job well done in being the franchise player for 13 years and perhaps a fan favorite should he sign with another team. Another 2009-10 season in the books to only be outplayed by a better team The Blackhawks. The darkness (ahem) awesomeness of Fanime 2010 has come upon us for another year of enjoyment. I'll see you San Jose Sharks Otakus at the con!