Food Vendors @ Fanime 2010

Started by Jerry, January 27, 2010, 03:16:01 PM

Jerry

I'm always randomly thinking about food and I'm surprised no one has asked about what our possible Food Vendors at fanime will be like?

I think If my memory serves me correct. In Previous years we've adapted and evolved to having late night Drink/Snack stations which REALLY helped out those who are up all hours of the night during Fanime...

I think I remember a bubble Tea/ Drink Station. --- I think we even has limited Sushi -> Japanese sytle - Food cart vendor type meals too.
So I figure in the spirit of making sure out Fans are sustained by good tasty food. Maybe we could rant, Discuss, request or talk about Food Vendors that you wished could possibly make it to Fanime in 2010 and possibly beyond.

My Vote for 2010?  Japanese style Crepes. Woot.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Moonblossom

I love Japanese-style folded crepes! There is a kiosk that sells them in the local amusement park here, my favourite is the one stuffed with frozen tiramisu. <3

If they are available at Fanime, I will definitely buy at least one.

Ammorin

I totally agree with crepes! Did they have little bento sets last year?
Fanime Attendee 2008 - Lin Yao (FMA)
Fanime Attendee 2009 - Aristocrat Gentlemen
*Fanime Attendee 2010 - Lolita, Nadeshiko Fujisaki (Shugo Chara), and maybe Yue from Rune Factory 2

BrightHeart76

There was some kind of fried food being served near Stage Zero last year.  It was greasy, and fattening and I'm sure it took years off of my life.  But by golly if they have it again this year I'm eating it every day!  So good.  I wish I remembered exactly what it was.   ::)  I try to eat good food on a regular basis, but at the convention I throw the rules out the window.  So greasy / too sweet / bad for me foods are at the top of my list for foods I want at Fanime.   :D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

N.E.R.V.agent220

Sophie Crepes it is @ Fanime 2010 = Make It Happen...

Gwydion

Oh god, Sophie's Crepes... they've ruined me forever. ^^ Nothing else tastes quite as good...

Tony

^^;

Just a quick caveat... we have next to no control over the food vendors in the convention center. Food is strictly and exclusively controlled by the convention center, so the most we can do is say, "bring crepes, they'll sell". And then they laugh at us and resume their business.

Seriously, it took three years of saying something as obvious as "bring Japanese food, it will sell" for it to happen.

That said, I'm watching this thread very closely.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Jerry

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2010, 01:43:45 PM
Seriously, it took three years of saying something as obvious as "bring Japanese food, it will sell" for it to happen.

Well, I totally forgot about that part of the equation >_<  ugh.

Though again I'm sure all the fans & con-gers will echo the appreciation of having ANY food/drinks/snack sales on the concourse - and even more appreciation for extended hours for late night as well as addition of the recent Maid cafe :)

So with that I think we'll need to drum up more support / request for additional types of foods that we wish to see @ Fanime.
C'mon readers/posters!

What else ---as far as food--- would you like to be sold for [hopefully reasonably prices] at Fanime Con?
More Suggestions and support!

Woot.  8)

Moonblossom

Sorry :(
*hides in the corner*

I have no idea if they have portable stands, but I'd love to see something like a Jamba Juice. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer a nice fruit smoothie to keep hydrated and keep their energy up, instead of paying four dollars for a bottle of coke from a vending machine. There's a company here in Quebec called Jugo Juice that is very much like Jamba and they have a traveling unit for events and things, so it wouldn't surprise me if Jamba does too.

M

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 28, 2010, 02:30:20 PM

Sorry :(
*hides in the corner*

I have no idea if they have portable stands, but I'd love to see something like a Jamba Juice. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer a nice fruit smoothie to keep hydrated and keep their energy up, instead of paying four dollars for a bottle of coke from a vending machine. There's a company here in Quebec called Jugo Juice that is very much like Jamba and they have a traveling unit for events and things, so it wouldn't surprise me if Jamba does too.
Juice places (like Jamba, Jugo, etc.) as well as Frozen Yogurt have been suggested. I also would like to see them eventually make an appearance at FanimeCon, but a bird told me that space is the most likely issue as the reason why a lot of more stands aren't being added.

Also, you can partially thank me for the boba. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

ewu

Quote from: MPLe on January 29, 2010, 05:55:03 AM

attention whore.....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Knightfire

Starting work for Fanime 2011

Jerry

Juice places (like Jamba, Jugo, etc.) as well as Frozen Yogurt have been suggested. I also would like to see them eventually make an appearance at FanimeCon, but a bird told me that space is the most likely issue as the reason why a lot of more stands aren't being added.

We definitely appreciate the Boba drinks, Woot to that.  :D

- and yeah I have to admit the concourse is pretty packed as is... Too bad there isnt a Taco Truck [aka Roach Coach] equivalent filled with Japanese food that could just park by the convention center. That would be pretty cool, I wonder if such a thing exists?  :P

Persona

Delica in SF makes great and authentic Japanese food and caters, but they're a bit on the expensive side.

Banana Crepe in SJ Japantown is great (and closer than Sophie's) for crepes. I can't personally attest to their quality but IMO Sophie's has gotten worse over the years.

Ai_Kaneco

Quote from: Jerry on January 29, 2010, 08:44:49 AM

We definitely appreciate the Boba drinks, Woot to that.  :D

- and yeah I have to admit the concourse is pretty packed as is... Too bad there isnt a Taco Truck [aka Roach Coach] equivalent filled with Japanese food that could just park by the convention center. That would be pretty cool, I wonder if such a thing exists?  :P

i like the way you think pal!!! yay for tacoyaki type taco truck...well...you know whats i mean
watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kertus

Do like things open later in the con, do not like having to go out to that sketchy McDonalds at night lol
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: Kertus on February 01, 2010, 03:56:21 PM
Do like things open later in the con, do not like having to go out to that sketchy McDonalds at night lol
"I shall close the Mc Donalds down throughout the con and ya'll can have your happy meal elswhere.."

:D Like Carl's Jr
           Amici's pizza

Jerry

Dont forget that Downtown SJ does have tons of options for food during regular business hours during the Convention.

I'm gonna regroup my thoughts and possibly talk to upper executive staff about possible options for keeping the con-goers properly nourished.  :) 

The random ideas are appreciated, but I'm gonna lock this thread for the time being.

Thanks everyone!  :D