General Staff Meeting 3:00 P.M. May 16th (Sunday) SJCC South Hall

Started by Steve.Young, February 02, 2010, 01:31:07 PM

Steve.Young

May 16th (Sunday) @ 3 p.m. there will be another Fanime Staff Meeting. As we get closer to the con, we encourage you to start attending these general staff meetings. Since there's only two left, YOU SHOULD GO!

South Hall, SJCC is the next one.

Next meeting after that is May 22 at the San Jose Convention Center (Ballroom J where the dance is every year). 3 p.m. for general staff.

Rovers meeting on the 22nd as well. Jerry's place.

Thanks!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Loreax

Sen

This is a tad confusing. I thought the next staff meeting was March 28th and the Feb meeting was Feb 20th.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Jerry

I heard a rumor that the meeting was moved up from March 28th to March 20th...

but i havent seen an "official" staff e-mail... so I'm in the same confusion boat as you. '

Tony could we get clarification please? :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Tony

The March meeting is the 28th in the Santa Clara room in the second floor of the Hilton San Jose.

The April meeting is on the 10th in the San Carlos room in the second floor of the Hilton San Jose.

All meetings start at 3pm for general staff.

Hopefully that clears things up. We should be sending out an email to the staff list soon.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Loreax

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

oscar

hi..

I filled the application to be a staff member for this year a month ago and not heard a thing.   ???  This happens every year >:(  So what gives?  Who handles that?

Jerry

@oscar

are you applying or have a referral to a specific department? you should have followed up with your contact...

The staff listing/sign up officially ended over a week ago...

all the recent staff meetings have heavily stressed on properly signing up for the staff listing as well as getting hotel rooms for staff as well since everything is limited and very time sensitive.

otherwise I would try to get in touch with someone from HR right away. but worse case scenario, you might have to wait another year.  :-\

i think the only alternative left is to get set up with Volunteers.

Steve.Young

If you signed up on the online form, you do not automatically get signed up for staff. Departments and their department heads have to pick up your application and contact you if they are interested.

I only got your application an hour ago, which means you did not submit one directly to my department or to any of the Rover's departments emails previously. As I stated, the stafflist has been closed for some time.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Hey Steve, could you check the location again?

i got an e-mail stating:

Hi everyone!

A change in location in store for the 5/16 meeting. We will now be in South Hall (part of the SJCC) and not in Parkside Hall.

See you all there.

could you double check if you got that e-mail too? and fix the info if needed. thanks!

Mr. Wendell

Soooo.... The National Hockey League is starting its Western Conference Finals on Sunday, May 16th, and the San Jose Sharks will be dropping the puck at the Shark Tank (HP Pavilion) against the Chicago Blackhawks at 12 noon.

Herein lies the question:

Will parking around the San Jose Convention Center be affected to a point where we might not be able to find any?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Steve.Young

In my experience as a Sharks fan and often frequent traveler to downtown San Jose, the SJCC is far enough from the action that the parking situation would not adversely affect you too much.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kites-kun

Can someone message me the EXACT address of the next meeting? ^^;; /confused