How to pick a character to cosplay as????....

Started by leslie, February 04, 2010, 09:16:22 PM

leslie

There are so many possibilites when it comes to cosplaying, I feel a bit overwhelmed, lol! Hopefully I can come up with something that looks good and has some of my input in it instead of something completely store bought. :D
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

narutofan17

I think cosplaying whoever your favorite anime character is cool but you have to remember that there ight be 20 other people cosplaying as that person. This ties into making your own costume. I notice that you can tell if someone has made their own costume or if they bought it online. I think you also feel more better about your cosplay if you do make it. Plus it's just fun. I love making my props the most. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Angelx624

Quote from: narutofan17 on February 11, 2010, 05:32:39 PM
I think cosplaying whoever your favorite anime character is cool but you have to remember that there ight be 20 other people cosplaying as that person. This ties into making your own costume. I notice that you can tell if someone has made their own costume or if they bought it online. I think you also feel more better about your cosplay if you do make it. Plus it's just fun. I love making my props the most. XD

Well I'd make my own costumes but I don't have any sewing skillz, yet. D;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

leslie

I think it is cool when people make their own costumes and I think it is also cool when people have bought them! Like some people have posted already, they buy the majority of their costume and make an easy part or some part of the costume so it has some of their touch in it. Ether way, I think it is still really cool and I can't wait to see all of the amazing cosplay costumes! I will totally be one of those people asking if I can take a pic of you!! ;)

I'm so excited and thanks for all of the info you guys!!! :D
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC