What is your favorite thing about Fanime?

Started by Yuki Valentine, February 05, 2010, 12:23:45 PM

Yuki Valentine

So what's your favorite thing about Fanime?

Mine is seeing people that I haven't seen for the whole year and hanging out in the hotel rooms eating junk food the whole time.  ^.^
That, and taking pictures.
Please check out my 8tracks account and add me!
http://8tracks.com/yuki_valentine

My YouTube account- http://www.youtube.com/user/xYukiValentine

PLEASE PLAY AND DONATE!!!

freerice.com and freepoverty.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

I enjoy the atmosphere of conventions, being around people with similar interests, all there for the purpose to have fun.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

michiko nakano

I like meeting interesting people and going on adventures or people-watching.  and yaoi events!

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on February 05, 2010, 04:27:02 PM
I like meeting interesting people and going on adventures or people-watching.  and [edited] hentai events!

Quoted for truth. ;D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PyronIkari

I guess last year was meeting Momoi, getting to have breakfast with her and getting to be on stage with her.

But in general it's just hanging out with friends from out of state. Though I guess MaidCafe work is kinda fun and getting to meet/befriend a lot of them.

Liquid

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 05, 2010, 05:51:15 PM
I guess last year was meeting Momoi, getting to have breakfast with her and getting to be on stage with her.

I heard a funny story that you almost didn't get to be on stage with Momoi. :D

My favorite thing about Fanime is the people. Last year was my first year and I made a ton of new friends. Everyone for the most part was very cool and kind. I got lots of hugs from random people too. I came in a stranger and I left feeling like there was a group of people I fit in with. Typically I would feel like a weirdo or outcast with other people, but at Fanime I feel like a weirdo or an outcast with lots of other like-minded weirdos and outcasts to mingle with. :D
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

PyronIkari

Quote from: Liquid on February 05, 2010, 06:07:41 PM

My favorite thing about Fanime is the people. Last year was my first year and I made a ton of new friends. Everyone for the most part was very cool and kind. I got lots of hugs from random people too. I came in a stranger and I left feeling like there was a group of people I fit in with. Typically I would feel like a weirdo or outcast with other people, but at Fanime I feel like a weirdo or an outcast with lots of other like-minded weirdos and outcasts to mingle with. :D

It's not so funny, because it resulted in a sprained leg and chest pains for a week.

Basically, Jun gets called on stage for saigo no rock. Then she calls the front row of the middle isle (basically the fan club section) to the stage, so I run up after, and security stopped me for being like... the 8th person or something... but the way he stopped me was a lariat to the chest, I flew about 5 ft, and hella landed badly on my leg. Luckily Derrick stepped in and was yelling at them to let me through, so security let me pass, then some guy slams the side stage door in my face and was like "NO MORE PEOPLE!" Again luckily Derrick was there and told them to open up and let me in. If you watch the videos you see me show up like a minute after everyone else. Good thing adrenaline kicked in, because the next day I was dying, and had to limp for the next week.

Mango Bunny

I have NO idea! I think it's just the interesting/hilarious happenings. I spend most of my time alone there, since my friends are all competitive gamers  and I am...not. I shouldn't have as much fun as I do. I like people watching there a lot, and it's a lot of fun in general.

The Duck

Meeting Reuben Langdon...I love Dante from DMC so meeting the voice and MoCap from the game just made me want to cry! Still so awesome that I got to meet him TWICE!
Smile for the sake that your really happy! That way you don't have to waste energy or my time faking it, OK?

amaya_JDB

it's like another world for me. a world away from this world that's a reality.

yeah, pretty metaphorical....but it's true >.>
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

N.E.R.V.agent220

Fanime comes every year and is the mother of anime conventions here in Northern California. It is a getaway from the real world where

you don't have to deal with conflicts and BS at a job or to relieve pressure and subject struggles from school. Every year something will be

new such as guests, anime programming and video games. Also entertaining from the randomness of the attendees to hilarious to cold

monlogues we say amongst our friends that people in the real world take it as a offense. This year I will expect something at that nature

and will enjoy every bit of it.     

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Liquid

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 05, 2010, 07:41:18 PM
It's not so funny, because it resulted in a sprained leg and chest pains for a week.

Oh man, I didn't hear that it was that brutal. I had just heard from Calvin that you got chest blocked by one of our guys when you tried to bolt on stage. I didn't hear that you fell or got hurt. I also didn't hear about the door thing. :-X I knew that they were only given a certain number of people to allow on stage though and that you just so happened to be the cut-off point. From what I heard they were pretty skiddish to let anyone on stage in the first place, but Momoi insisted to allow a group on stage. The other issue was that the guy controlling the admittance to the stage had no clue who you were. He just knew it was his job to protect Momoi from rabid fans. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy yourself on stage after that though. :)
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

PyronIkari

Quote from: Liquid on February 08, 2010, 03:32:56 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on February 05, 2010, 07:41:18 PM

Oh man, I didn't hear that it was that brutal. I had just heard from Calvin that you got chest blocked by one of our guys when you tried to bolt on stage. I didn't hear that you fell or got hurt. I also didn't hear about the door thing. :-X I knew that they were only given a certain number of people to allow on stage though and that you just so happened to be the cut-off point. From what I heard they were pretty skiddish to let anyone on stage in the first place, but Momoi insisted to allow a group on stage. The other issue was that the guy controlling the admittance to the stage had no clue who you were. He just knew it was his job to protect Momoi from rabid fans. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy yourself on stage after that though. :)

Ya it's not his fault, I don't blame him or anything. Julia also forgot Jun and my backstage badge thing, so that didn't help. No one's fault really, and it was totally worth it anyways.

Nina Star 9

That's a hard one.

I'm not really into anime (gasp!), so it's not really for anything anime-related.

I do like the con atmosphere quite a bit. I also love shopping for cute things in the dealer's room. Cosplay is always fun.

But it's really between two things -- the lolita events (and seeing some of my friends), and the B&W Ball. <3

michiko nakano

oh man, my first time going to the swat meet... i swear a chorus of angels was singing as I bought my first used keychain and used fishnet gloves  ;D  ;D  ;D

Dragon Ninja

Meeting people with the same interests and just getting away from everything else in the world, its a place where I belong.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

RooBird

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 05, 2010, 02:47:57 PM
I enjoy the atmosphere of conventions, being around people with similar interests, all there for the purpose to have fun.
Almost literally took the words out of my mouth. :D I almost said nearly the exact same thing. I agree with this.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)

Knightfire

Many Photo oportunities, the panels, gaming, catching up on old times, and of course, watching anime.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

narutofan17

I think for me it's getting to me other people that go all out in cosplaying that I do. I think just meeting people in general is pretty coo with me.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!