What is your favorite thing about Fanime?

Started by Yuki Valentine, February 05, 2010, 12:23:45 PM

heeroyuy135

I love meeting Hiroyuki Yamaga year after year. Ever since I started to go in 2007, I have met him every since time I go to Fanime.

TokenBlackGuy

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 05, 2010, 02:47:57 PM
I enjoy the atmosphere of conventions, being around people with similar interests, all there for the purpose to have fun.

this is the reason right here, being able to let yourself be you with out people having to look at you with a funny look is a good feel, especially if your self conscious.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Glitch

At fanime I just love going up on stage and making idiot of myself for ten minutes while people laugh at me .XD

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yeah, quoted twice!
*adds to imaginary notebook*

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

WaffoCellist

The annual Hot Pot dinner outing after 10 pm (it's cheaper after 10 pm).
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

michiko nakano

Quote from: WaffoCellist on February 17, 2010, 08:49:18 PM
The annual Hot Pot dinner outing after 10 pm (it's cheaper after 10 pm).
OMG I TOTALLY LOVE YOUR AVITAR!!!!

FanFicGuru

FMV competition. I love watching the new AMV's every year, as well as re-watching some of the classics during the Top 100 AMV screenings.

Also playing Dance ManiaX until my arms fall off. I enjoy having an audience.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

clawmaster

That every time I go to fanime there's always a story to be told. either good, bad, or the strange lol.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

michiko nakano

I love that most everyone is friendly and that there's always some random person that comes up and tells you they like your clothes or want to give you a hug.

Boba

I love doing group cosplays and walking around, and meeting new friends. I LOOOVE giving hugs to people as long as they don't look like the type to try and follow up on that. Oh, and I love strangers who buy me ice cream. <3
Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

CabbitJay

Hanging out with friends and shopping in the dealer room.

RandR

well, i've only been there once but the atmosphere feels like home because i rarely see such things like a convention and do I rarely spend days at one partying with people similar to myself. Fasho......

Yura Kyo Aures

Because it means I can fly off to America from Scotland, get a holiday from both work and university; meet people on the same or similiar wavelentgh as me and I get to DRESS UP! I LOVE DRESS UP!! 8D

Tony

Quote from: Yura Kyo Aures on April 09, 2010, 02:01:54 PM
Because it means I can fly off to America from Scotland, get a holiday from both work and university; meet people on the same or similiar wavelentgh as me and I get to DRESS UP! I LOVE DRESS UP!! 8D
You're coming in from Scotland?!

Well, that's probably my favorite thing about Fanime.  ;D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2010, 07:33:00 PM
Quote from: Yura Kyo Aures on April 09, 2010, 02:01:54 PM

Ditto. It's awesome that people come from so far away. :-)
Swap meet staff - 2014

michiko nakano

i enjoyed watching those four guys do the yatta dance all the way down the hallway last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFEw4XbXYzM

Yura Kyo Aures

Yus. :3 Fanime was my first ever convention, and I've only been to one other convention since then; J-Culturecon in England as it's close to where I live :F

It was fun, but a lot of people were shyer at J-Culturecon than at Fanime. >:

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Yura Kyo Aures on April 13, 2010, 12:42:03 AM

Yus. :3 Fanime was my first ever convention, and I've only been to one other convention since then; J-Culturecon in England as it's close to where I live :F

It was fun, but a lot of people were shyer at J-Culturecon than at Fanime. >:
Perhaps many English are simply more shy then Americans. Americans are quite shamless.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: michiko nakano on April 12, 2010, 08:05:02 PM
i enjoyed watching those four guys do the yatta dance all the way down the hallway last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFEw4XbXYzM

Wow. That was epic. Thank you.
Swap meet staff - 2014

CountMetal

So many things but besides being four day con and the awesome masquerades, I like the swap meets there since they have good deals. One time I bought all of the episodes of El Hazzard on Laserdisc. I think about it for $25 or $50.