What is your favorite thing about Fanime?

Started by Yuki Valentine, February 05, 2010, 12:23:45 PM

HetaliaK

cosplaying, cosplay gatherings, pictures and yaoi moments~ :3
"We stand above the crowd..."

Shionami

My favorite thing about Fanime is being able to be a spaz. Sure, you can be a spaz anytime you want but some things are just more normal at an anime convention. Ironically, I hardly watch anime while there. Oh yeah, I love wasting my money in the dealer's room. I practically leave broke each year.
"Your hair!... She punched the highlights out of your hair!"

TC X0 Lt 0X

Oh yes wasting every dime you got, then calling up a friend to ask if he could spare $5 dollars so you will have just enough money to buy that Wallscroll. Good Times, Good Times...
Reminds me of how I somehow managed to spend exactly the amount I brought down to the last penny last convention. Quite an amazing event really...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Shionami on April 21, 2010, 12:33:32 AM
My favorite thing about Fanime is being able to be a spaz. Sure, you can be a spaz anytime you want but some things are just more normal at an anime convention. Ironically, I hardly watch anime while there. Oh yeah, I love wasting my money in the dealer's room. I practically leave broke each year.

I actually DESPISE this about fanime. People think fanime is an excuse to act irrationally with the excuse of "It's okay I'm at an anime convention". Last I checked anime conventions are still part of the real world. While it's fun to cut loose and to be around people with a similar interest, acting like you're no longer part of society isn't really allowed nor encouraged.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 21, 2010, 08:36:28 AM
Quote from: Shionami on April 21, 2010, 12:33:32 AM

I actually DESPISE this about fanime. People think fanime is an excuse to act irrationally with the excuse of "It's okay I'm at an anime convention". Last I checked anime conventions are still part of the real world. While it's fun to cut loose and to be around people with a similar interest, acting like you're no longer part of society isn't really allowed nor encouraged.

/agree
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Jerry

not everyone is financially responsible~ especially when tempted with things such as random things & omake anime stuffs :P  that and/or running around with a parent's credit card or personal money savings doesnt really help either. >_<

" anime is worst than drugs... i think the addiction to drugs would be cheaper "

til some of you know the struggles of dealing with debt and working your butt off to earn say monies, you'll appreciate the self control of "spazzing" appropriately without having to drown yourself in anime collection debts.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PyronIkari

Quote from: Jerry on April 21, 2010, 11:58:51 AM
not everyone is financially responsible~ especially when tempted with things such as random things & omake anime stuffs :P  that and/or running around with a parent's credit card or personal money savings doesnt really help either. >_<

" anime is worst than drugs... i think the addiction to drugs would be cheaper "

til some of you know the struggles of dealing with debt and working your butt off to earn say monies, you'll appreciate the self control of "spazzing" appropriately without having to drown yourself in anime collection debts.

Uh Jerry... you realize what you posted had nothing to do with what was being talked about right? Spazzing had nothing to do with spending money, those were two completely different thoughts.

Spazzing referred to action and how one acts at a convention. Screaming random things, sitting on the floor and creating a scene, being generally... stupid.

Steve.Young

Which is why rovers is 110 people strong this year  ::)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Shionami

Well, I spaz with restraint. I don't do anything that would harm other people and I doubt I do anything to annoy others.
"Your hair!... She punched the highlights out of your hair!"

Suiseiseki

Defintally the atmosphere ^.^ Meeting new people that share the same interests, espically at the gatherings. Having some place where its ok to cosplay and have fun! I also oddly love the looks we get from people just passing by on the street XD haha it absolutely makes my day! Hang out until midnight with Souseiseki(Whom I only get to see once a year) and then grabbing such healthy snacks from the vending machine and hanging out in the hotel room XD I love pretty much everything bout Fanime!