Fanime fun facts!

Started by Glitch, February 08, 2010, 02:44:33 PM

Glitch

Fanime is such an interesting convention. I think we should all point out all the neat things about.

Did you know that fanime's most effective form of advertisement is sending out ninja to secretly put flyers in your back packs and purses?

Liquid

Were you aware that Fanime is actually an acronym for Friendly Anti-social Nerds In Motivational Ensemble?
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Glitch

Nobody actually knows when fanime first started, since that was before written history, but we do have fossil records that indicate most fanboys were pretty large back then too.

Liquid

The first recorded Fanime chair was actually a stool.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

G.I.R

Quote from: Glitch on February 08, 2010, 02:44:33 PM
Fanime is such an interesting convention. I think we should all point out all the neat things about.

Did you know that fanime's most effective form of advertisement is sending out ninja to secretly put flyers in your back packs and purses?
So that's where it came from!  Why haven't I seen them?

AbsolutelyCursed

Without Fanime, California's economy would collapse.

G.I.R

Fanime is the Antithesis of AX.  It helps to create balance in the universe.

Glitch

Fanime hosts meetings for alien refugees. They blend in perfectly given all the cosplaying that goes on. Ever been to a panel where you don't know what the hell they're talking about? Then you probably already attended a meeting.

Quote from: G.I.R on February 08, 2010, 03:42:59 PM
Quote from: Glitch on February 08, 2010, 02:44:33 PM

So that's where it came from!  Why haven't I seen them?
Because you only get split second view before the ninjas take them back. But you remember it in your subconcious. Fanime ninjas(or faninjas) are the most effective force in advertisement.

SukebeStudios

Fanime continues because you touch yourself at night.

Liquid

Fanime lives inside you. A piece of it lives inside all of us. Each year when the annual meeting time approaches there is a yearning within us that calls us to meet at the designated place. A reunion, if you will.

Another fun fact: Back in ancient times Fanime used to be known as "Jenova".
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

Glitch

Fanime doesn't judge what you do at night by yourself. It's cool like that.

Quote from: Liquid on February 09, 2010, 11:04:04 AM
Fanime lives inside you. A piece of it lives inside all of us. Each year when the annual meeting time approaches there is a yearning within us that calls us to meet at the designated place. A reunion, if you will.
Does that mean when Goku calls for a spirit ball, he's holding a convention in his hands?

Liquid

Quote from: Glitch on February 09, 2010, 11:19:48 AM
Quote from: Liquid on February 09, 2010, 11:04:04 AM
Does that mean when Goku calls for a spirit ball, he's holding a convention in his hands?

In a manner of speaking....yes. The convention Goku holds in his hands is technically a World Wildlife Federation sanctioned convention. WWF Con. Sponsored by PETA.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

Tony

This is our 16th anniversary.

... sweet 16 party, anyone?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Liquid

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2010, 02:07:56 PM

Fanime: "I WANT A NEW CAR!"
TonyChair: "NO! That is NOT within our budget!"
Fanime: "I HATE YOU! YOU'VE RUINED MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEEN!"
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

Glitch

Quote from: Liquid on February 09, 2010, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2010, 02:07:56 PM

Fanime: "I WANT A NEW CAR!"
TonyChair: "NO! That is NOT within our budget!"
Fanime: "I HATE YOU! YOU'VE RUINED MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEEN!"
Fanime: It's so not fair! AX got a bigger sweet 16! You just want me to lose attendance. *runs off like a drama queen.*

Jerry

just be glad we dont have a sweet 16 mascot.  :-[

such as:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Glitch

The anime clubs Beefbowl Anime, Chabot Anime, Foothill Anime and No-Name Anime all hold rings that have powers of anime fandom in them. When a fight gets too intense, they combine they're powers to form captain planetFanime!!! *music starts.*

CaptainYossarian

The Universe is thesis and antithesis: Fanime is the synthesis. It is the teleological culmination of Human History. It is the God in the Machine. There is no truth but Fanime. It is Great Constant, the Objective Observer which brings meaning to existence. Fanime is the System of the World: Fanime is e to the (i * pi), Fanime is 42, Fanime is the wet dream of Newton, Fanime IS.

Fanime is not just like, it is a rolling stone. Fanime keeps on liftin' you higher, then you've ever been lifted before. Fanime is the sound of silence: Fanime is the neon god they made. Fanime is the night they drove old Dixie down and the weight. Fanime is eight days a week. Fanime's got a brand a new bag. Fanime ain't to proud to beg.

Fanime is the small thermal exhaust port in the Doomsday device. Fanime has what it takes to bring the boys back home. By Christmas. Fanime saw LeFors. And shot him dead. When you're at ten, and you need that extra boost, where do you go from there? Fanime.

...I'm having way too much fun with this.

"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

AbsolutelyCursed

Fanime won WWII and the Cold War.

Mint

Fanime's son is Chuck Norris.  Scratch that, it is Chuck Norris.
2012 YO.
Friday: Yin (Darker than black)
Saturday: Alibaba (Magi); Sheryl (Macross Frontier); CC (Code Geass)
Sunday: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara); Peter Pan (Disney)
Monday: Panda Kigurumi