Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

imoto

Hi All

Fanime Artist Alley Reg is coming up soon

A few things you need to know to be ready!!

If you are going to be in a group of people or if you and your buddies all want to be sitting next to each other then talk to them now and pick a leader. That one person is going to register for all of you and that's the only person AA staff will be contacting. (If you do not register together we cannot guarantee tables next to or near each other)

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CA SELLERS PERMIT NUMBER to sign up for a table this year. So go get them now (http://www.boe.ca.gov/). And every one selling at your table MUST have a valid sellers permit. You also still have to bring 2 copies' to con. One you will give to me at AA Reg and the other you will keep at your table.

The last thing is I want to stop the rumors.
There have been no tables sold for AA yet, no one has a table. And they are all still open.

Pass the word along.

Thanks for reading
Your Friendly AA Head

Velveteen Rabbit

Hi, if the business is owned by both the people who are at the table, do we need to have seperate seller's permits? On the application it has a section for more than one owner and I was wondering if that would work.
Thanks for all your hard work!
-Velveteen

imoto

If its a buisness then 2 names are fine.
If its 2 people selling at one table then there need to be 2 sellers permits

Althena

Hooray!
Couple of questions...

- Will tables be assigned randomly this year?

- Will we still be able to 'request' to be by people (with the understanding that we may not be placed beside them)? I have a friend who I would like to be near, but she is going to go into a group and have one of her friends be the leader, but it is someone I do not know; so I do not have too much trust in giving her all of my pertinent information.
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

LiL Moon

I'm probably just being paranoid, but will we be given an appropriate amount of time to receive our permits? I'm going to send mine out within the next couple of days, but it says it takes about 2 weeks to get the permit and I don't want to be stuck without it when sign ups are online.  :-X

megamoth

For Seller's Permits, if you go to your local Board of Equalization in person, I know that you can get your permit in the same day, if it isn't too busy. So I hope that helps :)

jAded

Also, if you go to your local branch office, you can set up an appointment as well. That way you don't have to worry about the wait time, or you can even fax in your application. Just make sure you have everything that you need filled out and attach a photo copy of your CID/CDL. I went today and it took all of 20 minutes at the most to pick up my seller's permit.

PrincessSummey

Unfortunately, those of us who live on the other side of the country can't get a seller's permit in person!   :D

I second the question above.  If we do not receive our permits in time, what should we do?

And we just need the "Temporary Seller's Permit", correct?

betrayal-and-wisdom

I had a couple questions:

Is it absolutely necessary to get the permit BEFORE we are confirmed for a table?
Not all of us live in California, so we can't just stroll down to the BoE office and get an in person appointment. From past experience it takes a long time to get the form from mail-ins. At the minimum it takes 2 weeks, even in a walk-in for the NYC branch for the BoE.

Can a few people reserve tables for a group and still be seated together?
A lot of my friends are hoping to apply for AA tables this year, and we would probably prefer to be seated near each other. Unfortunately there are a LOT of us and it would be near impossible for one person to shoulder the bill for us just to have us seated together. Would it be ok for say two or three of us to reg for a few of us and then still be seated together?

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: PrincessSummey on February 14, 2010, 02:38:37 PM
And we just need the "Temporary Seller's Permit", correct?

Yep! But if you sell at conventions often, you may want to consider getting a permanent permit to save you the trouble of reapplying for a temporary permit every time you want to sell at a convention after the last one expires. :)
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Althena

Quote from: betrayal-and-wisdom on February 16, 2010, 08:59:45 AM

A lot of my friends are hoping to apply for AA tables this year, and we would probably prefer to be seated near each other. Unfortunately there are a LOT of us and it would be near impossible for one person to shoulder the bill for us just to have us seated together. Would it be ok for say two or three of us to reg for a few of us and then still be seated together?

This is a wonderful question, that I would love to know the answer to as well.

But here is another, more of a semantics, paranoia-talk question:
Is there a limit on how many tables a group will be able to reserve? After talking to other artists, it was posed, "What if, a pool of 100 artists get together, and reserve tables on one person who stays up really late and applies within the first minute of registration opening?"
Of course, that is a doomsday sort of thing, but I could still see people pooling money now to reserve up to 6 or 9 tables at once. But if there is no limit, then who is to say this will not happen?
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

nikuleon

i know this is a silly question but how much are Fanime tables roughly going to be this year?

im doing some money calculations and i want to plan ahead of time for this ^^;

imoto

The whole reason we are telling everyone to get your sellers permits now IS so you have time to get one so go do it now ^^

As for the group reg thing. Yes if you have a group of friends then have one person in charge and have him/her sign your whole group of friends up togeather. this is the only way we can garentee that you will all be seated near eachother.
this is also the only person Fanime AA staff will be talking to so make shure they are responcibal and will tell you all the details. Every artist will need there own sellers permit, the only exception to this is if you are a companey togeather and aer willing to pay taxes togeather. If not then you need your own.

I had a couple questions:

Is it absolutely necessary to get the permit BEFORE we are confirmed for a table?
Not all of us live in California, so we can't just stroll down to the BoE office and get an in person appointment. From past experience it takes a long time to get the form from mail-ins. At the minimum it takes 2 weeks, even in a walk-in for the NYC branch for the BoE.

imoto

a group of artists is only allowed to reserve up to 10 tables max. And it is 2 tables max per person. So you cant have a group of 3 artits and get 10 tables.

Quote from: Althena on February 16, 2010, 12:39:27 PM

This is a wonderful question, that I would love to know the answer to as well.

But here is another, more of a semantics, paranoia-talk question:
Is there a limit on how many tables a group will be able to reserve? After talking to other artists, it was posed, "What if, a pool of 100 artists get together, and reserve tables on one person who stays up really late and applies within the first minute of registration opening?"
Of course, that is a doomsday sort of thing, but I could still see people pooling money now to reserve up to 6 or 9 tables at once. But if there is no limit, then who is to say this will not happen?

cinnamini

umm, i have a question but i'm not too sure if i'm supposed to ask it here >w>;;; but, i'll just go ahead and try......this is going to be my friend's and I first time going to Fanime and we wanted to get a spot in artist alley. How many people/artists are allowed to be behind each table???

betrayal-and-wisdom

I'm still concerned as to the situation that our permit does not arrive in time and registration goes up.

what do we do?

ewu

If you applied for the permit, then you are waiting for them to send it back. Call the BoE for your number, all you need is that and not the actual permit.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

banjocat

Quote from: imoto on February 17, 2010, 09:56:05 AM
a group of artists is only allowed to reserve up to 10 tables max. And it is 2 tables max per person. So you cant have a group of 3 artits and get 10 tables.

Just wanted to confirm--a group leader can register for up to 10 tables, right? The "2 tables max per person" is about their use during the con, not registration?

I'm asking because I'd like to register for three tables--one for myself, and one each for my two friends.

Edited to add: When will the table price be announced? The permit application does ask for the space rental cost. I could fudge it, but I'd rather not...

imoto

Hi Everyone
hear is smore more info from your friendly AA Head

* Tables will be $50 this year. And we are going to have a Pay pall option as well as a Check or Money Order Option. If you mail a check in it will not affect your ability to get a table. We will send you conformation e-mail when we get your check, and if we don't get it then we will contact you.

* We have had a MAJIOR change in our registration process. If you wish to register as a group of tables I need you to E-mail me at [email protected] as soon as you can. We no longer have a group registration option! So what you need to do. I need ONE e-mail from your group leader telling me all the names and e-mails of the people in your group and how many tables your group needs total. Hear is an example:

Group leader:    John Smith – [email protected] -- 2 tables
Other members:    Betty Nin – [email protected] -- 1 table
         Jim John  [email protected] -- 1 table
         Mimi Clark  -- [email protected]  -- 2 tables

Total of 6 tables.

The next step in this process is that every member of your group needs to register individually! And when they register they need to say that they are in a group and the name of the group leader. Example:

Notes: Hi I'm in a group and the leaders name is John Smith.

Please leaders, do not respond to this e-mail. Send me a new E-mail with "AA Group Reg" as the title line. If you have any questions about this process please send me an e-mail and I will do the best I can to answer (this will make more since when your actually registering)

*  The first 100 Artists will get to pick their seats this year. Once your payment is received we will e-mail you at the e-mail you register with. Groups this will count for you as well as long as one member is in the first 100 – note we will be contacting the group leader to pick the tables even if the leader is not in the first 100.

updated
The group reg is to just let me know who is sitting in what groups.
It is not to sign up for tables or to pay for tables. Reg is going to be by a first come first serve basis and we will announce when reg will be open (it will be an online form like the fanime membership is) So all the members of your group must sign up and pay for tables. And we will make shure your all sitting together. The reason for this is because the online aa reg will only let you sign up for 2 tables max.
*  The note for group members needs to go in the notes section on the reg form not to be e-mailed to AA

if your group dose not need MORE than 2 tables then please do not e-mail me. Just pick one person ( the group leader ) to sign up for your tables.

If you have any questions fell free to ask them hear or send us an E-mail

banjocat

I'm pretty confused, don't know if it's just me.

I've sent off the "AA Group Reg" email, and have notified my group members to also email [email protected] saying that they are part of my group. I hope I'm understanding that much...

So you have our names, then when registration opens, we... buy tables? How does registration work? Is it a free-for-all, or do people who have emailed you get first priority (i.e. they're notified via email where to purchase tables before the rest of the world is)? This is my first time registering, and I'm very unfamiliar with the system, sorry.

Also, will we still need to have our permit numbers when we register? Or do we need to have them by the con? If registration is opening "very very soon," that's not a lot of time for people to get permits, especially if the artist is out of state.