Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

ewu

Quote from: banjocat on March 29, 2010, 01:24:30 PM
Could a link to the contract be posted? I wanted to go back to read through it more closely, but the reg site doesn't really let that happen.

Here: http://www2.fanime.com/2010/artist/status/Artist_Alley_Table_Agreement_2010_Final.pdf

Quote from: videogirlc on March 29, 2010, 01:27:49 PM
I just finished registering just want to know that if we are sharing tables does each person have to register and just put under special request that we are sharing tables?  

The other people should have been added to your account and also agreed to the contract. e-mail artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom if that is not the case.

Quote from: Ren_Zhao on March 29, 2010, 01:31:33 PM
Thanks for the link, Eric! :) Although perhaps next time it would be better to have another form of notification since most of us were focused on the main website and registration.

There was a breakdown in communication, so posting on the forums was our next best option.

Quote from: LiL Moon on March 29, 2010, 01:37:22 PM
Do we need to register the helpers here too or just the artists?

only those that are selling artwork
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jAded

Had the same problem. I was mainly focused on the main and registration pages that were loading fine for me. The forums were not loading at all. Fortunately, was able to get my account.

quick question, is the account ID for the tables random? or did they start off at a particular number? I don't think there's already been 500+ people that have signed up for tables and all...8DDDD

thanks for the quick responses ewu and for keeping us updated and being on top of crowd control for this registration process.

UzumakiRamen

question: is it possible to add a third artist to a table IF WE TAKE SHIFTS? as in, only two of us will sell at a time.

ewu

Quote from: UzumakiRamen on March 29, 2010, 01:50:11 PM
question: is it possible to add a third artist to a table IF WE TAKE SHIFTS? as in, only two of us will sell at a time.

the system will not allow you to have 3 artists.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

pandadolly

I didn't know exactly where to post my question... so I decided to post it here since I am registering for AA.
This is probably a stupid question, but... are we allowed to sell baked goods that we made at the AA?
Thanks.

ewu

No, the contract states that you may not sell any food.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

pandadolly

i wanna share my table with a friend, but the problem is she hasn't gotten her sellers permit yet. I was wondering if there's anyway I can add her on to my AA table later on after I register for one. Thanks.

Oniko

So I completed the reg earlier today but as I was sitting around I thought of something...

It said I was "Finished" as in I paid through paypal, agreed to the contact, etc.  Then it says at the top that nothing is final till the staff gets said payment and contract.  This got me thinking, am I for sure in?  Because it didn't stop me with any warning of the list being full.  My ID number is fairly high, which is why I was a little worried.  Surely that cant be the number of tables.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

ewu

the number is not representative of your position. That message is for those that are mailing in payments. If the paypal transaction went through then you should have a table set aside.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

DshadowSakura

HI kinda new to reging for artist alley, my friend and I are trying to reg for a table on the main page link but when i sign in with my account it says its invaild when it works just fine? :[ we have our permit and everything ready it just wont let us log in? what do i do? my friend also made a new account just in case but it still wont let her in?

ewu

did you reply to the e-mail confirmation message?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

DshadowSakura

Quote from: ewu on March 29, 2010, 08:50:56 PM
did you reply to the e-mail confirmation message?
Lol yeah we found out it sent to her junk mail so we are on the waiting list now :3 thanks for all your help silly us D:

UzumakiRamen

Has the email for the first 100 artists gone out yet?  :-\

ewu

no, you will probably not get that till closer to May. The staff needs to arrange all the group submissions, resolve all conflicts, and put them in the appropriate order. You'll get it soon.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kaiami

I got up to step three, and there doesn't seem to be any submit button of the sort. Have I been added to the waitlist already, or is there a button I need to press?

ewu

saving your information and setting the number of tables will put you on the list
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Chloe

i haven't been able to register for a table yet.. and i am utterly worried that i won't get a good table this year.  exactly how long is the waiting list now?  and if i were to register tuesday, what are my chances of getting somewhere on the first half?

also, is there anyone who is looking for a partner at a table and has already registered?  i am really desperate to get a table with a good location...
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ewu

The likelihood that you will get a table where you want is not very likely. the first 100 that registered will get to pick locations. Assuming they like the front, most if not all the front half will be taken if you are selected from the waitlist. I am unsure about the length of the waitlist, but i recommend that you register as soon as you can.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

themalletofjustice

Can we still add an additional artist to our table after we've registered? I have a friend who's interested in selling with me, but I just wanted to make sure that it would be okay first. I sent an email about this already, but I thought I'd post here too. ^.^ Thanks!

reaver

I am very upset.  I went to artits alley last year and got in no problems.  I have been sending emails to the artist alley email this eyar almost once a week and have gotten no replies, only to find out that I am now only on a waitlist.  Can someone please let us know why we have been waitlisted?  even last year there were still empty tables all weekend, so there should be plenty of room.  any answers?  I am out of state and need to make plans for this con, and I can not go if I am not in the artist alley.