Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

jAded

Regardless of how big a group is, they can't get more than ten tables max right? Not that I mind people wanting to sit next to their friends and all, but there has to be a limit to how many tables can be taken by said "group".

Quote from: imoto on February 17, 2010, 09:56:05 AM
a group of artists is only allowed to reserve up to 10 tables max. And it is 2 tables max per person. So you cant have a group of 3 artits and get 10 tables.

imoto

yes 10 tables is the max a group can claim

Quote from: jAded on February 19, 2010, 07:50:59 PM
Regardless of how big a group is, they can't get more than ten tables max right? Not that I mind people wanting to sit next to their friends and all, but there has to be a limit to how many tables can be taken by said "group".

Quote from: imoto on February 17, 2010, 09:56:05 AM
a group of artists is only allowed to reserve up to 10 tables max. And it is 2 tables max per person. So you cant have a group of 3 artits and get 10 tables.

imoto

Ok Clarification

The group reg is to just let me know who is sitting in what groups.
It is not to sign up for tables or to pay for tables. Reg is going to be by a first come first serve basis and we will announce when reg will be open (it will be an online form like the fanime membership is) So all the members of your group must sign up and pay for tables. And we will make shure your all sitting together. The reason for this is because the online aa reg will only let you sign up for 2 tables max.
*  The note for group members needs to go in the notes section on the reg form not to be e-mailed to AA

if your group dose not need MORE than 2 tables then please do not e-mail me. Just pick one person ( the group leader ) to sign up for your tables.

Sorry for all the confusion

Aya Brea X

Wow, that is a pretty steep price hike for the per table price.  It also seems like we're getting less services as only the first 100 get to choose tables even when we are all paying twice the price of last year.  Is there any reason for the major price jump other than demand?

ewu

The price was $30 last year and only those that registered at con were allowed to select their tables, which numbered around 100.

The demand has been high for a number of years but in the end the $30 was not covering the cost of the tables and chairs let alone anywhere near the cost of the room.

FYI - AX is $100, SakuraCon is $100, Anime Boston $80 (8ft) and Sac Anime is $45(NOT including the $30 table that you can rent).
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jAded

$50 is not bad at all. AX this year is $150 ...

@___@ ..

Velveteen Rabbit

ewu

50 per table for the entire weekend.

its 20 a day after a certain day.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Velveteen Rabbit

Awsome!!! Thanks for replying to my question so quickly!!

Sen

Everyone I need to clarify a few points

You may have up to two people per table. the price for each table is $50 before con.
Each person is entitled to purchasing up to two tables maximum.

Edit: And when we get the registration up, you will need to have a seller's permit number.

Edit2: Mea culpa! You may have up to two Artists per table.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

jAded

So we're not allowed to have helpers with us behind the tables this year?

doragon

With the one person rule, are the tables the same size as previous years [which could fit two people easily] or are we getting half a table now?
Stuff!

Sen

Quote from: doragon on February 19, 2010, 11:52:07 PM
With the one person rule, are the tables the same size as previous years [which could fit two people easily] or are we getting half a table now?

I made a mistake and have fixed my post. To reiterate, it is the same as last year and you can have up to two Artists at one table.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

doragon

Oh thank goodness xD; thanks for the update ~
Stuff!

Velveteen Rabbit

Another question!
On the seller's permit application in the temporary license section, it asks for a telephone number of the organizer of the event. Does Fanime have a telephone number?
Thanks!
-Velveteen

jAded

People running the con is Anime Resource Group, Inc.
Address: 786 Auzerais Ave
San Jose, CA 95126-3503

Phone: (408) 297-8430

sakuradragon

For the seller's permit, it asks for things like Business Address and Name of Landlord (items number 40-49). I'm only selling planning to sell at Fanime. How should I fill this out?

megamoth

Quote from: sakuradragon on February 21, 2010, 06:56:54 PM
For the seller's permit, it asks for things like Business Address and Name of Landlord (items number 40-49). I'm only selling planning to sell at Fanime. How should I fill this out?

Usually, you state your personal address as your business address, even if it is a one-time seller's permit. So you can use your own landlord. Just state the owner/property manager of wherever you live. That usually works.

Spazzeh

Out of curiosity, were you guys going to do that pre order thing you made announcements for at the end of the last con? I signed up for it but I assume it was thrown out the window now.

naruto_ramen_1

Hi there!

So, any word on when the AA is going to be ready? It's nearly March, and it's really unusual waiting this long ^^

I'm coming from out of state here, and I'm trying to plan ahead as best I could.

As for groups, you're saying that 10 tables can be reserved together? So, does that mean that us 'single' tables will just be there to fill in the gaps between groups?

Out of curiosity, why did you guys change the way this is handled? I mean, the old way seemed fine to me.

Oh! Do I need to buy my registration badge first or is that something I can do as I buy the AA table?

Thanks for your help and thanks for listening!  Replies are greatly appreciated! :D

Dattebayo!