Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

phr34kish

Are we at least going to be notified if we are NOT accepted? The waiting game is painful! xD

Zully

Quote from: ewu on April 05, 2011, 07:56:16 AM
fyi, accounts did not start from the #1

That is a relief! I know I was concerned when my number was in the 200's as well. But can you confirm that we won't have to worry about missing out on table space just because we were signing up as a group rather than an individual and there were server issues?

ewu

Looking at the records, it does not appear that there was any delay in registering groups. They are evenly spaced in the reg order. It looks like the order depends on when you created the account and not when you finalized all the information.

Also, we have sold out for at least the last 3 years. Those 20% empty are no-shows.....taking tables away from artists that should have tables. So if you reg for a table show up....unsure? don't reg, not cool for other artists....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

chobitsfan

yeah this whole thing is just completely unfair and ridiculous. I've been making merchandise for this thing for 5 months. On the day the registration for AA was supposed to go up the link was broken for hours and I couldn't get on it until late in the night. Found out later through this forum that some links were posted somewhere else and now my account number is in the 400s. I just can't believe how long all of this is taking. Anybody hear what happened with masquerade registration? What's going on fanime?

solipoo

i agree with phr34kish, i hope at least we are notified if for some reason we are not approved/if something is wrong we can have a chance to fix it. i've been anxious since i signed up, and my number is in the 200s too. :C
is artist alley registration always this tense? ;n;''' this is my first time, and idk how the system works, so i feel like i'm way more nervous than i should be.

ewu

1) yes always this tense:P
2) the accounts did not start from 1 and so 200 may not be that far up or down, same for 400
3) yes, you will get an explanation as to why denied. You can contact artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom about why and clarify your position. There is no time limit other than in the time it takes to clarify, the room may have filled up.

Of course, we are continually working to resolve the issues from year to year, but with so many people and so many complex moving parts, things will go wrong. please bear with us.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

solipoo

thanks for the quick response <3
i'll keep hoping and try not to check my email a billion times every day XD

darkkako

My account was approved, but it's going to be a couple of days before I can send the payment. That isn't going to result in me losing my table or anything, right? >_<

UsakoMinako

;) It will come through- i keep telling myself... We will get in and the rent will get paid for one more month! So I won't give up! You guys don't give up either! Its going to be WAY FUN!

ewu

Quote from: darkkako on April 05, 2011, 07:38:54 PM
My account was approved, but it's going to be a couple of days before I can send the payment. That isn't going to result in me losing my table or anything, right? >_<

Your place in line is set for getting a table. I do not know yet how assignments will go, but being late MAY, but likely will not, affect the order where you chose the location of your table.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

CoughDrops

Quote from: darkkako on April 05, 2011, 07:38:54 PM

Just curious, what was your account number?

darkkako

Zully

Thanks for the quick replies, modstaff! I really appreciate it. It's good to know that the order is based on when you made the account, not when you were ready for step three. :) I'll pass it along to the Facebook group!

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: Zully on April 06, 2011, 06:13:57 AM
Thanks for the quick replies, modstaff! I really appreciate it. It's good to know that the order is based on when you made the account, not when you were ready for step three. :) I'll pass it along to the Facebook group!

I've already posted it last night, Zully~ :P But thanks for reiterating it again just in case people missed it!
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Taciturn

Hello, I have a question about the table seating arrangements.  I know that they haven't been arranged yet but I'd like to get some answers from people who have done this before.  It's my first time. :) A group of my friends [they're the 'rainbow tables'] are sitting as a group and have signed up as a group.  I'm sharing some equipment with them so I requested in the application if I could sit at one of the ends or near the group.  How is Fanime taking care of the seating requests?

Thanks!

Zully

Ah, great! Yes, I just saw that. I won't bother, then. Thanks for clearing everything up!

Hachimitsu

Quote from: UsakoMinako on April 05, 2011, 08:08:47 PM
;) It will come through- i keep telling myself... We will get in and the rent will get paid for one more month! So I won't give up! You guys don't give up either! Its going to be WAY FUN!

I hope your right Usako..
Alot artists really wanted to be in the position to be in this event, but I know There are artists out there who is scared to sell things and do things for free or for food which kinda bothers me. I also am waiting for a confirmation from fanime, but im just kinda scared of them (AA) now because of (Certain events). (i usually get customers complaining/criticising works and it kinda bothers me if they are right or wrong v_v..)

haircurl

Once we pay and accept the terms, are we "in"? Or would we have to enter our permit information first? I'm only asking because we can't get to step 7 yet.

solipoo

yay! i've been approved. /happy

now i just need to get the seller's permit, and i've made an appointment with boe saturday.
i have a question though. is it okay if i share a permit with my friend who is sharing the table with me? and how is sharing a permit different from having separate permits? what's better to do?

Hachimitsu

Quote from: solipoo on April 06, 2011, 11:30:32 PM
yay! i've been approved. /happy

now i just need to get the seller's permit, and i've made an appointment with boe saturday.
i have a question though. is it okay if i share a permit with my friend who is sharing the table with me? and how is sharing a permit different from having separate permits? what's better to do?

I am very certain you can share a permit as long as you put their names in there as well!. you cannot share a permit without their names in it!...

if your thinking of sharing a table, and he/she does'nt have their name in your permit then it wont work!

also.. congratulations for your table :'(