Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

ewu

you are on the waitlist because all the tables have been sold and paid for. There may be a small release of more tables, but essentially the room is sold out.

The empty tables you saw were probably no-shows or people that left after Friday or Saturday. I don't know if the AA can arrange it, but they may sell those tables individually per day, but that has not been discussed and so may not happen.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

tri.thorn

So i have a question about the artists alley registration. Say i got my seller's permit, however I'm not 18 yet, so i get the permit under my mom's name. Is it ok to sign up for the artists alley under my info, or should it be hers? (assuming we live in different places, have different phone #s, etc.)

does the person who signs up for the artists alley have to be the one with the seller's permit?
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.

digispectre

I'm a bit confused about this table thing.

The registration page says, "We will be releasing tables as time progresses. We will also email waitlist members when the next batch of tables becomes available. "

However, a post just above me says, "you are on the waitlist because all the tables have been sold and paid for."

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, but these two quotes seem to be contradictory.

If I'm on the waitlist, how would I be able to get out of it and actually have a table? Would it only be if a payment for a table was cancelled, so tables opened? Or are there actually going to be more tables released? I put myself on the waitlist less than 24 hours after reg opened, so I want to at least get a better grasp of my situation.

Thanks for the clarification.

ewu

Quote from: digispectre on April 07, 2010, 08:47:32 AM
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, but these two quotes seem to be contradictory.
Quote from: ewu on April 06, 2010, 03:22:44 PM
There may be a small release of more tables, but essentially the room is sold out.

I know there is still a small block that should get released, so if you got in the waitlist near to when it started, there is a chance that you may get a table.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

digispectre

Quote from: ewu on April 07, 2010, 08:54:39 AM
I know there is still a small block that should get released, so if you got in the waitlist near to when it started, there is a chance that you may get a table.

Thanks for the clarification! C:

I'll keep my eye out for that block; hopefully I'm high enough on the waitlist to get one of those tables! xD

Chloe

Quote from: ewu on April 06, 2010, 03:22:44 PM
you are on the waitlist because all the tables have been sold and paid for. There may be a small release of more tables, but essentially the room is sold out.

The empty tables you saw were probably no-shows or people that left after Friday or Saturday. I don't know if the AA can arrange it, but they may sell those tables individually per day, but that has not been discussed and so may not happen.

so... basically... ALL tables in the AA room have been bought as of now?  so all of us who are signing up a or have signed up recently and are on the waitlist ... have little or no chance at even getting a table at all at this rate?

huh... if that is so, then our only options now are to just see if someone has room or not sell at all? if so..this.. is.. bad... x_x;;
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ewu

I dont have firm numbers for either those on the waitlist or the batch that will be released, but what you say appears to be the case.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Chloe

umm.. so why is it that you still have artists sign up on the waitlist and have the reg. end date ti'll 4/30? from what the message of 'temporarily disabling sign ups' is giving us the impression that spots are still open..  but, since tables have been sold out and the people on the bottom of the waitlist have like no chance of getting a table, it's really putting our hopes out there. what is really going on ewu..?
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

CoughDrops

So in short,
There are no tables and it's very unlikely that there will be any?

ewu

sorry guys, we make no claim that everyone on the waitlist will get a table. If you get on the list it is clear that you may not get a table. beyond that I don't know what to tell you, it is just the nature of the beast. Soon, we will be able to give you a definite answer, but there are many things still in limbo, so I can't predict what will happen.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jAded

It's just that, a waitlist. Waitlists are in no means a guarantee that you will get a table, just a possibility. It's like being waitlisted for a class that you want to get into in school, etc. It is your option whether you want to be on the waitlist or not. If someone drops a table, the first person on the waitlist will get that spot, if they still want it. Having a waitlist is actually something that the convention doesn't have to have.

For a convention of this magnitude, expecting a table one and a half weeks after they opened registration is not likely to happen since most conventions sell out in a day. Your best bet, if you want to sell, is to see if there are people who are willing to split half their table with you.

Sneath

Might have been answered before...
Are there power outlets available?
and/or can people in the first 100 choose a table with power?

Some of my items needs black lighting, and a little LED UV flashlight just doesn't cut it.

PrincessSummey

I have a question about badge pick-up...

Will we have to pick up our regular con badge first, and then come check into the AA?  Or does the AA pull our regular con badges so that we can get everything (con badge & artist badge) when we check in at the AA?

Thanks!

Just thought of another question... :P

Are these the correct hours for the AA? (the times it will be open for sales)
Friday (2:00pm – 8:00pm)
Saturday (10:30am – 8:00pm)
Sunday (10:30am – 8:00pm)
Monday (10:30am – 4:00pm)

ewu

Quote from: Sneath on April 14, 2010, 12:00:12 PM
Are there power outlets available?

If you read the contract (as you should have), you will find that we do not provide power of any kind. If you plug into the wall sockets we will ask you to unplug it and if you do it again, it will be grounds for ejection. The facility is very strict on these things and so we will too.

Quote from: PrincessSummey on April 14, 2010, 01:20:18 PM
Will we have to pick up our regular con badge first, and then come check into the AA?  Or does the AA pull our regular con badges so that we can get everything (con badge & artist badge) when we check in at the AA?

We may set something up and will notify you if that happens, but for now, plan on needing to register your membership before registering for your table.

For the hours, check the contract: here
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

izy

even though i filled out everything online, do i have to print out and mail in a copy of the contract for fanime aa 2010

ewu

nope, just READ it......READ it more than once:) so that we don't have to kick you out:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

izy

Quote from: ewu on April 14, 2010, 05:57:05 PM
nope, just READ it......READ it more than once:) so that we don't have to kick you out:)

^^; ok will do... thanks for the fast reply

Cole

Does anyone know the turnaround time for Staff response? 
I registered two tables but at the time one of our artists hadn't yet gotten her permit, and I didn't have info of two other people on hand so I need to register them to the table as well since I can only be there for two days. 
I sent an email about the one artist on 4/9, but have not yet gotten a response.

orangetavi

Hi, I found some conflicting information about registering for the AA as a group.

QuoteIf you are part of a group that wishes to sit together, under table info in the special requests box, please explain that you're in a group and list your group members.  A group consists of 3 or more tables. please (if you have not already done so) E-mail us at [email protected] and list your group leaders real name and e-mail as well as all other artists names and e-mails and how many tables you will be registering for.

QuoteIf you are going to be in a group of people or if you and your buddies all want to be sitting next to each other then talk to them now and pick a leader. That one person is going to register for all of you and that's the only person AA staff will be contacting. (If you do not register together we cannot guarantee tables next to or near each other)

Each of my friends and I have all registered for AA tables as a group on March 30th on the table registration website. We all put our names and our group members names in the special requests box and explained that we were part of a group. Should only one of us have registered under all of our names instead? Also, do only our group leader need to send an email or should all of us send an email as well?

ewu

you are limited to registering 2 tables. so if the group is under 2 tables, that person will register. more than 2, then you should note it in the special request box and have the group leader e-mail AA.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom