Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

fidgey

Quote from: jAded on March 14, 2011, 03:15:25 PM
It's the middle of March. I'm curious as to what the progress is on when we will be notified for AA table registrations. If we are to hope for a two week notification for when table registration goes up, I'm getting a bit worried with Fanime being 74 days away.

I second that. I'm constantly on edge and I check the website several times a day because my life right now kind of centers around whether or not I can get a table.

ewu

The FAQ says we will try to give a 2 week notification, but at this point I do not think that will happen. I am certain that you would all think it ridiculous to delay launch to fulfill this notification period. As soon as we have a date that we will go up, we will let you all know. I anticipate such a notification to go out 24 to 72 hours before launch. We will try our best to let you know beforehand. However, things are always in flux, so just stay informed.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

That 2 week window was useful last year, when you needed your Sellers Permit number for the AA reg. Since you don't need that number until you arrive at con to claim your table this year that notice window seems kinda big now.

jAded

ewu - no, i don't think it would be riduculous to give a two weeks heads up notice and have registration pushed back so that i can request work off, if necessary, so that I can register for a table. Since, there is no longer any tentative date in sight with regards to when tables will open for registration, that 24hr - 72hr notice can land any where from now til the convention opens.

savagesparrow

Quote from: ewu on March 14, 2011, 06:10:16 PM
The FAQ says we will try to give a 2 week notification, but at this point I do not think that will happen. I am certain that you would all think it ridiculous to delay launch to fulfill this notification period. As soon as we have a date that we will go up, we will let you all know. I anticipate such a notification to go out 24 to 72 hours before launch. We will try our best to let you know beforehand. However, things are always in flux, so just stay informed.

Any rough ballpark ideas (especially since now there's a strong possibility there's only a day's notice)? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's concerned about getting a flight out there, which I reaaaaaaally don't want to book unless I get a table to help recoup the losses. Sorry if I'm being a drag or whatever, but the prices go up by a lot the closer it is to the date =\

idontknow

Quote from: savagesparrow on March 14, 2011, 10:16:26 PM
Quote from: ewu on March 14, 2011, 06:10:16 PM

Any rough ballpark ideas (especially since now there's a strong possibility there's only a day's notice)? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's concerned about getting a flight out there, which I reaaaaaaally don't want to book unless I get a table to help recoup the losses. Sorry if I'm being a drag or whatever, but the prices go up by a lot the closer it is to the date =\

You have to have your registration # when you register for an AA table. So, either way, you should at least purchase a registration # ... or you can just wait until AA registration comes up and buy a Fanime pass as soon as possible right after (since it's all online xD). Just pray that you get a table as soon as registrations come up >_<; but, from what I remember, not all AA tables will be booked within a day, so don't worry too much :]

Hachimitsu

Quote from: jAded on March 14, 2011, 08:59:40 PM
ewu - no, i don't think it would be riduculous to give a two weeks heads up notice and have registration pushed back so that i can request work off, if necessary, so that I can register for a table. Since, there is no longer any tentative date in sight with regards to when tables will open for registration, that 24hr - 72hr notice can land any where from now til the convention opens.

heres a much bigger concern:::::

DOUBLE check your email notification: Last 2 years, A.A.Admin said she sent an email to one of my friends but "claimed" to never made it! So I'm crossing my fingers that this never happens again to any one of us!. Try to stay calm and continue to SnIpE this registration!

Chandra

I've sent an e-mail with AA about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't recieved any comformation that I'm on the mailing list. It's my first time trying for AA and I'm a bit worried about not getting notifyed.
Should I just go ahead and e-mail AA again?

I have my pre-reg and Seller Permit, so i'm prepaired in that field!

haircurl

Do we have to get a seller's permit before registering our tables? I don't want to go through the hassle of getting one just yet until I know for sure I'm getting a table.

geekyglamorous

Where is the registration number located? I have a receipt for my badge registration but no # is listed in the email.
☆☆Mandie A.K.A. Geeky Glamorous☆☆
http://www.geekyglamorous.com

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: haircurl on March 16, 2011, 04:09:26 PM
Do we have to get a seller's permit before registering our tables? I don't want to go through the hassle of getting one just yet until I know for sure I'm getting a table.
It was stated previously that you wouldn't need your permit number until you check in at con.

Quote from: geekyglamorous on March 16, 2011, 04:26:49 PM
Where is the registration number located? I have a receipt for my badge registration but no # is listed in the email.
Does your receipt not look like this?

Under 'Description' where it lists your name and an item number, the item number should be your reg number.

geekyglamorous

QuoteDoes your receipt not look like this?
Thank you so much. For some reason I do not have a Paypal receipt for this, just shows up under transactions in my Paypal. I've sent Fanime reg. an email to get my number.

nekobaka

Quote from: geekyglamorous on March 17, 2011, 11:11:48 AM
Thank you so much. For some reason I do not have a Paypal receipt for this, just shows up under transactions in my Paypal. I've sent Fanime reg. an email to get my number.
Paypal should have sent an email receipt when you paid for the registration.

geekyglamorous

Quote from: nekobaka on March 17, 2011, 03:48:33 PM
Quote from: geekyglamorous on March 17, 2011, 11:11:48 AM
Paypal should have sent an email receipt when you paid for the registration.

I think I may have deleted it by mistake. Thanks for the tip though.

Sneath

Try looking in your paypal transaction history again.
Mine shows my number.

"
Shopping Cart Contents

Qty    Item    Options    Price
1    [Pre-Reg Badge] for Glen S*****
Item # **         $45.00 USD
Amount     $45.00 USD
"

My email of the receipt from Fanime doesn't have the number, just paypal.

:edit: the info in your transaction history should be the same as the email they sent you, so its not all lost :)

chibidrunksanzo

Also, if you go to http://registration.fanime.com/ and log in to your account, it will show your name and badge ID right there.

Sneath

Quote from: chibidrunksanzo on March 18, 2011, 08:55:54 PM
Also, if you go to http://registration.fanime.com/ and log in to your account, it will show your name and badge ID right there.

OK chibi... you win. Apparently I didn't know my own Badge ID before now either :D

I guess the item # on the receipts is the type of badge you got (pre-, early-, late-reg)? Don't know what else it could be.

Cole

I have a question regarding the delay, what has caused it and how can Artists help with the fix if possible?

ewu

Mostly there are a few things that can be only done by a few people. As they have other obligations, Fanime and life, we can only pressure them so much.

However, last year the reg came up 3/29, so we might be able to get it up a bit earlier than last year, but that will depend on still a few factors.

We will keep you updated.

Thank you all for your patients!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

misosoupaddict

How will we be notified? Some have said to keep checking this topic, others have mentioned the AA mailing list. (And every year i'm always paranoid my email may have been dropped off that list...)

I really REALLY think we should have the two- (or even one-) week notice as planned. Some of us have lives, jobs, and/or unreliable internet connections, and can't get on every day to check. 3 days is just too short. 1 day is ridiculous and insensitive. A week, even 5 days' notice would be perfect, and what's it gonna kill? I think i remember last year it went online with a too short notice, and loads of people were rabidly mad. *shudder*
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery